Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Why do you collect?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andyb922

Andyb922

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:51 PM

I posted this topic on General Discussion but I figured I should it here as well.

1.  What figurines do you collect?

2.  When did you get into collecting?

3.  How much do you spend collecting a year?

4.  Why do you collect?

Thanks!

#2 Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

1. I collect Marvel Universe, Marvel Legends, Funko Pops, Game of Thrones figures, TMNT figures, Mystery Minis, Star Wars Black Series, Marvel Select, anything I found in the 3.75 scale that I like. Other random figures sometimes mostly video game related. 

2. My father used to drive around with me for hours trying to find TMNT figures when I was very little. My mom got really into Beanie Babys and would take my sister and I hunting for rare beanies. I didn't actually start collecting though until a few years ago when I started to working at a bookstore. A customer bought a Marvel Universe Wolverine and something in my mind just clicked. Then I got addicted to GoT blind box  mystery minis and Funko Pops! It just sort of spiraled out from there and now I have a massive collection of Marvel Universe, Pops! and a pretty solid Marvel Legends collection. 

3. I don't even want to think about it way too much but I keep a good amount MOC so if I ever had to I could sell it. I also will sometimes buy 2 or 5 haha of a figure if I think it makes sense and will be valuable down the road.I want to try and organize my Pops! and Marvel Universe figures to have an idea how much money they are worth. I figure my MU figures boxed and unboxed have to be worth an insane amount of money. 

4. It just helps scratch some need in my life. I have always enjoyed organizing and collecting but mostly through RPG video games. This gives me another outlet to do so.If I wanted to look at it with a cynical point of view I might say collecting lets me feel some sort of accomplishment and sense of growth that I am missing in life. 

#3 BludChylde

BludChylde

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

1. Marvel Legends, Transformers, GI Joe and Lego (Star Wars too but haven't bought anything new in years)

2. With Lego, I never went into a dark age growing up, I was buying the odd new set when I could save up money in high school. The rest all started thanks to the 200X MOTU  and "new scupt era" of Joe Vs Cobra. And believe it or not, I was an adult education instructor at the time and it was a student of mine that got me hooked on the Joe and MOTU lines.

3. Don't want to know, but not as much as I'd like. I put the kids and wife ahead of myself (since last summer we've added an XBox One, WiiU and just recently a PS4) so I'm falling behind on what I'd like to get my hands on.

4. I enjoy it. I love tearing into the packaging, posing and playing. I have one of the Money in the Bank wrestling rings and do matches using various Marvel Legends, DCU, Legendary Comic Book Heroes, Toy Biz TNA and the few Mattel WWE figs I have. Need more breakable tables because I love doing TLC matches. I've been studying a guide on the Hiss Tank forums on building using styrene plastic and would love to try building dioramas with it since I have never had one I've done with foam core boards work out well.

#4 cable_and_hope

cable_and_hope

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

1. Marvel legends , DC universe figures in all their varieties ( multiverse , classics , icons , direct ) , Star Wars , and comic book and cartoon related Funko Pops and mystery minis . The Marvel legends and Dc universe figures are my priority as I have probably 600-750 combined . I also collect random figures from my youth ( was born in 1980) like Food Fighters , Visionaries , Inhumanoids , Battle beasts ect. 

2. I collected and of coarse played with as a kid in the 80's but put away those kind of things when i discovered girls and other more grown up things in Middle school but then when I was old enough again to not care what was cool or not ( sophomore year in college ) I got back  into it but I didn't have a ton of money. Once I graduated and got a job I ramped back up but what really got me back into it I got a big promotion about 3 years ago and it was the same time I was finished with my divorce and my income went up about 40k and so a portion of that has gone into collecting. 

3. It is alot . I have bought every new dc or marvel 6 inch figure that has come out the last 3 years and most of the ones from the last 7 years or so. This does not include the dc direct cw show figures as I just don't care for those though I love the shows .

4. I collect because my life is comics and sci fi . It was when I was young and it is now that I am closing in on my 40's . It is just what I love . I am a collector by nature as I got it from my mom who is a big collector as well. I collect vinyl records as well and my house is set up like a museum to comics , sci fi and punk music . 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us