Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Database of Customizers and Casters

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 norinradd

norinradd

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:12 AM

Hey All,

I figured with the hiatus on the 3 and 3/4 lines going on, many of us would be turning to customizing to fill in and pad our collections of marvel figures as well as other lines. Unfortunately, sometimes finding information about who makes customs and casts molds can be hard to come by.

This forum can act as a database for all of those talented small business owners who are producing and shipping their custom kits and sculpts for us to order from. This thread can also be utilized to post updates on where each customizer is time wise in fulfilling those orders, so we can have a more accurate understanding of the time frame it will take to receive any orders we'd like to place.
Please feel free to post below the names of any customizers whom you have ordered (or continue to order) from, perhaps a brief statement of their speciality (i.e. GIJOE back packs) as well as any information regarding when/how long ago the order was placed -please remember to update/edit your posts when your orders are received.

#2 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

I use AVACSLab Customs a lot--- http://avacslab.ecra...om/category.php

#3 ssg4life

ssg4life

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

actually, this should be the perfect time for people to dive into customizing. i started about 13 years ago and have gone from mcfarlane sportspicks to transformers and only recently tried my hand at this scale. there's a lot of great info out there, so give it a try

#4 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

https://www.facebook...38403325&type=3

THIS IS Erik Arana's page where he sells some customs he made. mostly Joe's (if not all) but worth a peak from one of the guys behind Virtuvian H.a.c.k.s 

#5 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

https://www.facebook...37503569725032/

Marvel Infinite 3.75 customizers on Facebook, many greats and some can help on your endeavors.  

#6 norinradd

norinradd

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

For any 3 and 3/4 collectors upset over our lack of Netflix character sculpts, be aware there is a new customizer who uses 3d printers to reproduce head casts.
Chango customs/Daniel Salas has so far offered a Netflix Daredevil; Luke Cage; Tom Holland Spider-man; Jon Wick head casts.
The casts are good quality but can run upwards of $10 per head cast. There is also the need to drill the holes for the neck peg in the head casts.
While I found the communication good and the turn around reasonable, there has been some concern over a lack of communication recently, but this delay may have simply been caused by the holidays. I am curious to see how this man's business grows as well as to see what other head casts can be produced, and hopefully a decrease in the cost per item.
Any other casters anyone has to recommend?
I have seen Vorticious/Dennis working hard to get orders out and it seems as if he will be back to a 4-6 week turnaround within a couple months.
Avac'sLab has a really nice selection of some unique pieces -even organizing their new items for 2017 -not certain of the turnaround, as i haven't ordered in a little while

Angry Nomad - I haven't ordered in a while, so I am not certain what the turnaround is
AngelForge- some really unique casts and torsos- I haven't placed an order in a while, so i can't comment as to the turnaround time.
Boss FIght Studios - they have Vitruvian Hacks Blanks, great blank figures  for making a custom from a clean slate...they also have snake torsos which are flexible and can support/balance a figure such as Bushmaster or Globulos from GIJOE. The turnaround time on my order was very fast.
Mauraders- is a good site for ordering some accessories and other cast items-lots of variety in color of the same sculpts. Very fast turnaround.
These are all I can think of at the moment. Please continue to add other casters (as opposed to those who produce and sell finished customs) here as you find them, and please support these small businesses, as it is a good way to keep our chosen scale alive.

#7 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:26 PM

I am pretty sure Angry Nomad retired from selling. His store is still up but nothing is for sale. (Unfortunate since I need about 3 heads that only he has.)

#8 norinradd

norinradd

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

I am pretty sure Angry Nomad retired from selling. His store is still up but nothing is for sale. (Unfortunate since I need about 3 heads that only he has.)

This would be unfortunate if it is so. I hate seeing our options shrink. He has some great items.

#9 illestr8r

illestr8r

Andorian

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

This would be unfortunate if it is so. I hate seeing our options shrink. He has some great items.

I messaged him probably closer to a year ago to see if the store would reopen but never received a reply. He has a whole list of things I want.

#10 illestr8r

illestr8r

Andorian

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

A couple guys from a few other forums and myself have banded together in a Facebook group to commission 3d printed pieces of various MU things. Our 1st project was Kang's time chair. Unfortunately with my schedule, I haven't had much time to assemble or paint it so I have no pics. If I get a chance (& if I figure out how to add pics here) I'll post a pic of one of the others finished pieces. It came out really well though. Currently, we've found a new 3d artist who was making 1:12 pieces and asked him to do stuff for our scale now too. He's almost finished modeling our new project - Thanos' throne. It looks freaking amazeballs. Going forward, we've been discussing getting commissions of the Kree Supreme Intelligence, the Xavier school front gates (which he's already done in 1:12) and... the Blackbird. That's a big & pricey undertaking but man does it sound cool. Anyways, I'll see if I can get some pics up and if anyone is interested in joining in please shoot me a message. I'm not the one heading these up but the more people we have on board helps the projects fund so there shouldn't be an issue.

#11 jabalong

jabalong

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

A couple guys from a few other forums and myself have banded together in a Facebook group to commission 3d printed pieces of various MU things. Our 1st project was Kang's time chair. Unfortunately with my schedule, I haven't had much time to assemble or paint it so I have no pics. If I get a chance (& if I figure out how to add pics here) I'll post a pic of one of the others finished pieces. It came out really well though. Currently, we've found a new 3d artist who was making 1:12 pieces and asked him to do stuff for our scale now too. He's almost finished modeling our new project - Thanos' throne. It looks freaking amazeballs. Going forward, we've been discussing getting commissions of the Kree Supreme Intelligence, the Xavier school front gates (which he's already done in 1:12) and... the Blackbird. That's a big & pricey undertaking but man does it sound cool. Anyways, I'll see if I can get some pics up and if anyone is interested in joining in please shoot me a message. I'm not the one heading these up but the more people we have on board helps the projects fund so there shouldn't be an issue.

Kudos, that's a really great idea to pool together. It's a bit like crowdfunding commissions. 

I saw that Kang chair, it's really nice. Can't remember where I saw it though. Which FB group is it that you guys discuss this and plot 1:18 Marvel collection world domination?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us