Thor, Knight and Guardians

tarot

@Rukk @ monron

I appreciate both of your rants (and points within) and love to see the energy. It's also refreshing to see other people write as long-winded as I do lol.

Also, monron, I believe you hit the nail on the head about your "we pay for every cent of plastic and paint we get" sentiment-I'm a firm believer of that. I also am pleasantly surprised to see others share my (what I once felt was a viewpoint only backed by own self) viewpoint of being ok with the BAFs being replaced with higher quality paint apps/sculpts and more accessories-i personally think that adds much more value to the package and presentation of the figure versus the "left leg" it may come with.

I'm definitely not "anti-BAF" by ANY means (despite me not opening my figures) but I would be lying if I didn't say I miss the sculpting and superb paint apps of the ToyBiz days...like...A LOT. Yeah the molds, joints and overall aesthetic proportions we get now are much more improved (why shouldn't they be...toybiz hasn't made a legend in over 10 years...) but the sculpted detail and PAINT still pales in comparison to TB standards.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Ruk, first of all my problem with the Homecoming wave was not necessarily with the BAF being the wings, but with the fact that, and I said this in the post, it's BS that the BAF is actually a part that should be included as the whole for what is the Vulture figure. Allow me use your own argument against you. What if there were no BAF's? As you said, that was the case in the past and as you said, I was fine with it. Now, say this wave, with no BAF, released a Vulture figure WITHOUT wings. Would you consider that a complete figure? Let me take it a bit further. What if you had to buy the "Wings" figure separately? This is pretty much the basis of the added cost for the BAF figure, right, cuz one would assume the figure would cost a little less without a BAF piece. Let's take it a bit further. What if there was no BAF, the price remained the same, you didn't have to buy the wings seperately, but you actually had to buy the entire set and send the proofs of purchases (the bar codes) to get the wings in the mail? Many of you SW enthusiast will remember this was basically the BAF process from the 80's. Pick any one of those options, but at the end of the day you're still purchasing a figure of a character whose primary powers and identity are based on a bird without the biggest part of the birds anatomy that actually makes it a bird. THE FREAKING WINGS! That's all I'm saying. There is no way in hell they woulda tried that had they not conditioned us to think we we're getting more than we paid for with the entire BAF system. Now they have a lot of people thinking, apparently you're one of them, that BAF's are some kind of bonus for buying the product, but it's actually a gimmick, and a good one, to drum up and keep interest fresh. Believe me, we pay for every bit of plastic & paint that goes into every wave, so don't go start some love or hate fest for Hasbro about what they give us cuz they don't "give" us jack. I really do love most of the work they're doing right now and I'll defend a lot of their practices from a business standpoint in regards to the longevity of the line but they're engaging, just like all business, in the constant and progressive practice of taking a bit away & then giving a little less back just so we, as the consumer, realize how bad it could be.

Also allow me to reiterate on the record that I have said on several occasions that I, personally would be fine with the sacrifice of the BAF in favor of accessories, which would probably save Hasbro much more in cost and then purchase the "larger" figures thru an online process similar to what DC did with Mattel. So, to be specific, because I guess some people can't pick up and register subtle (or overt) sarcasm. Basically, you've been duped into buying an incomplete figure and then being duped into appreciating, or even praising them for completing the uncompleted figure thru so sort of perceived "bonus" that you end up paying for anyway. So, to be even less subtle, you're buying TWO figures to make one. So, I know "entitlement" is the buzz word permiating our society & media & all our politics right now but I assure you there was none influencing my opinion, just straight dollars & cents. But to be 100% clear, I will be buying the entire set, not just to complete the incomplete figure, not just because I'm a completest, but because I'm an overall supporter of the line & I'm all about doing my part to keep it around as long as possible. So, as the saying goes, Rant Over.

Actually I would like to add that when the Sandman wave was revealed, I was the one who presented the idea of, rather than BAF why not incude more extend-a-figure options for the Ms. Marvel figure. I was scoffed at then for suggesting such a shake up of the entire BAF concept yet that's pretty much exactly what they're doing here, but everyone seems to be content with it in this case. At least we got a complete Ms. Marvel to begin with. Funny how a little perspective can make people see things in the complete reverse as the way they saw it not long ago. Now, Rant Over.

1st of all, I NEVER said getting B.A.F.'s was a "bonus". I agree with you, we pay for every bit of plastic that's contained in those packages. You're absolutely right however COMMA MY point was/is we pay the same thing whether it's Deadpool with all the accessories he came with, or if it's Spider UK who came with nothing except the B.A.F. piece. MY point is (and remains) BOTTOM LINE:1- They don't have to include a damn thing with the figures, 2-When they do include a Build-A-Figure in the wave, it DOESN'T have to be a large or giant character because (refer to "1"), 3-(and this is really important because it's at thevery heart of my previous rants) Fools will continue to buy-complain-then buy again...then complain again. I say fools because that's kinder than what they should really be called. To continue to do the same thing and expect (or even hope) for a different result is textbook insanity. My end point is: if you're unhappy with this particular hobby, then follow the "Cease3" rule: CEASE purchasing so you (not YOU you) can CEASE complaining and therefore CEASE being unhappy. It's technically a Cease4; then the rest of us would CEASE to be burdened with the incessant complaining (Side bonus would be you all would CEASE to hear ME complain about the complainers! LOL).

As I previously stated about the wings, I too would've preferred an actual figure, but this is what we get so why complain about it. If I don't want it, I'll skip the wave (Think about it, It's well documented I don't like movie B.AF.'s, but I'm still getting the wave because I, like you want this line to continue and thrive). And of course it's a gimmick. It's the best kind; Everyone participating knows it's a gimmick, but continues anyway. Speaking of gimmicks, my Titus wave arrives today (talk about your gimmick Build-A-Figure!). Just trying to add abit of levity. Believe me, I see your points and agree with most of them, but whether we like it or not, my aforementioned bottom line remains inescapable.

I agree with you Rukk but I do fear that you "might" (maybe im wrong) be painting everyone with the same brush. Again, if I'm wrong, then by all means correct me BUT allow me to explain also:

There are definitely people/collectors who complain. I mean really complain, about a particular wave/figure choices/BAF, etc, all the time and STILL go out and buy all the new #$##. Without sounding graphic/vulgar, those people should just kill themselves. I can't put it any more simply than that. They usually have a telltale sign of identification tied to a very common saying (I'm para-phrasing here so hopefully the "gist" is being represented) "Way to go Hasbro, more garbage and terrible fig/BAF/paint apps, character choices, etc...if this is what we are going to be getting from now on, than I'm done with this line for good"

To be clear, in not saying those people are on these boards specifically but I see this kind of sentiment/comment from time to time (across other brands and sites, not just legends) and the only thing that comes to my mind is "#$##...shut up...just SHUT UP...you're so full of #$## that I can taste it through your words" Needless to say, the inherent lack of sincerity in that kind of post is just nauseating. We all know it when we see it...

Then there's everybody else who throttles the line between casually complaining here and there but will not let their complaints stop them from enjoying the line...to people/collectors who do vocalize a negative sentiment/viewpoint from time to time because they are passionate about the brand.

I fancy myself in the most latter of the categories and truth be told (you can check every post I've ever written on this site as evidence) I really don't complain very much. The only things I've ever been vocal enough about to consider myself bitching is:

1. Where is the Shocker figure? (problem solved now of course although I'm still sour about the eyes)

2. Where the hell are the MCU villains and just more villains in general (defer to my Bring On The Bad Guys thread) Still holding a torch for them to be made even though Hasbro pissed on the flames a while ago.

3. Fantastic Four Legends...PLEASE (we will see where this ultimately lands now that a Sue Storm is on the way)

Have I had/Do I have more issues with legends than that? Sure. Have I expressed my opinion about said issues? Totally. However, I do feel that I generally keep my "complaining" to a very low hum overall.

Having said that, I would like to also point out something that I feel is very important and that is this: Collectors such as myself, Rukk, Monron, Tarot (and others of course) who do TRULY support the line by buying just about most, if not all, legends that get released in any given year nowadays, are the MOST qualified to #$## and complain as we see fit. We put our money where our mouth is by supporting the line and we are entitled (I know, it's a taboo word) to call Hasbro on their bullshit if we feel so inclined and spread our opinions everywhere like the plague (a big reason why I enjoy fellow collectors rants and why I feel we are all in good company at the end of the day) because deep down, we know misses when we see them and we know hits when we see them I.E. We live the damn brand.

Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't close out my novel with this: Rukk made a very poignant point about something and I want to elaborate on it with my own personal experience with this truly powerful ideal.

If you TRULY don't like it, no matter how hard you may want to, then vote with your wallet and DON'T BUY IT.

I was a true champion of ToyBiz and still am mind you (if it weren't for them, there would be no legends) and I simply bought EVERYTHING they made. Sure they had their misses but I would never stop buying a line because the occasional wave had a dreadful figure or two in it. I do mean everything. Every fig, every variant, every wave, Icons, Face-Offs, Masterpiece, Showdowns, exclusives...you name it. There was nothing I seemingly didn't like enough to buy from them lol.

Then...in comes Hasbro...ill never forget it...like it happened yesterday...

I walk into a Target with my dad (who also collects) as we were doing some classic father-son hunting on a weekend and we walk into the aisle and see Hasbro Wave 1. First figure we see is Planet Hulk and we immediately grab it, out of pure collector instinct, not even knowing what was happening. Then...we see the figures behind the Hulk on the pegs. Second figure we see is nahco cheese Burger King mascot Hercules... We thumb through the figs, grab each and every one of them and begin our preliminary examination. We looked at the back of the cards to make sure we had every figure from the wave. We then see the price point of $15 on the pegs... (almost exactly double ToyBiz pricing) We lay them out all on the shelf and intently stare at them. A few seconds (or more) goes by before we both turn to each other and just say "wow...these are fucking terrible" We immediately start bitching about the sculpts, paint and the audacity to charge double the price for inferior looking figs, inferior packaging, less accessories, lack of comic and so on and so on...it was like a goddamn Dr. Phil episode in the middle of the toy department as we hemming and hawing like lunatics.

In the end, we had a good laugh, we both bought a Hulk figure (the figure did look decent and just as important, we were massive fans of that story arc at the time) and we bitched the whole car ride home about how legends are now dead and Hasbro was the murderer. That was it. I COMPLETELY stopped buying legends. Period. To this day, the ONLY other figure I have from the "dark ages" besides that Planet Hulk, is the Crossbones fig and that's because he's one of my hands down favorite villains of all time and even THEN I was trepidatious about purchasing him since I loathed Hasbro legends to no end at the time and I really really really did not want to support the line.

Was there diamonds in the rough back then? Sure. Did I have an opportunity to buy them? Absolutely. Did I? Nope, I was completely off that train and didn't look back. That is why I'm PROUD to say that my actions, my voting with my wallet and clearly many other collectors who felt the same way I did, all contributed and had a helping hand to bring about the death of marvel legends.

Fortunately for Hasbro, they were still taking my money by the heaping stacks as I was still collecting Star Wars, Joe's and not that much longer thereafter, Marvel Universe. In fact, due to my severe distain of their current legends and also being a massive fan of 3.75 (I was and still am a diehard 3.75 collector and that will always be my favorite scale due to growing up and playing with Joes and later Star Wars) when MU came onto the scene, it was a complete peanut butter & jelly scenario as there was once again Marvel figures I thought were deserving of my money and they were in my fav scale!

My ban against Legends didn't stop with the dark ages either as I was still unimpressed with the Return of Marvel Legends as well. Sure they were an improvement but still weren't tickling my fancy and I felt had a long way to go.

The last couple of waves before Infinite Series had some winners for sure but I still wasn't sold on Hasbro regaining my trust (I hold grudges so I'm told) and it truly wasn't until the Hasbro Legends Phase 3, Infinite Series, that I became comfortable again giving Hasbro all my money (I'm a completist by nature)

Moral of the story kids...vote with your wallet and MAKE them regain your trust and loyalty. Stand firm, stand strong and be resolute in your actions. To this day, I'm still very proud of the "gap" in my collection. I can easily go back and buy every Legend I'm missing-that's not a problem at all, but I feel maintaining that gap in my collection is a sign of collecting integrity (for me anyways) and i cherish it.

I know this post has led to pretty much everyone saying "Jesus Christ will it ever end" and I completely agree lol I'm

way off the beaten trail but hopefully my passion for the brand came through on some level.

Rukk,

I see all your points as well but what you call complaining I call critiquing and if not doing it in this forum then where else? There's always been speculation that at least someone from Hasbro reads this forum & I truly believe they do judging by some of the responses regarding the line, so why not carry on a discussion about what we like or don't like so they could learn something about the fans? Nobody's right, nobody's wrong, so stop acting like yours is the only opinion that counts. I've stated my position about supporting the line thru & thru so I guarantee my loyalty to ML is never in question. Its not about stop complaining or stop buying cuz that's just the black & white way of looking at it. This BS about me or anyone feeling entitled is crap cuz I never expect something for nothing and never said anything in that direction. Every suggestion, every criticism, every want & prediction a do is weighed against the understanding that Hasbro is trying to maintain a certain price point so I understand why we don't get any more giant BAFs and I am honestly pleasantly surprised when we get something like Juggernaut or Hulkbuster, but this Vulture thing just burns me up. It's half a figure and we have to spend upwards of $120 to get the other half. Looking at the figure from a financial standpoint it doesn't seem that they couldn't have just done the entire thing as a BAF. Adding to that is the fact that the rest of the figures in the assortment are a plastic conserver's wet dream. I never saw BAFs as a bonus but I did see it as an incentive to buy the figures you don't particularly want, but if you didn't want to you could just buy which ones you wanted and be content. Now you literally have to buy all the figures to get a complete Vulture. Who the hell wants a grounded Vulture? Who here thinks they can make that work in a display? Anyone? To me it's a total snub to the the fans and I stand by it & it's my OPINION. Make no mistake, I would hold the same stance if they were to do the Professor X figure with the build-a-chair idea that's been floating around for years. Factor out that we've been X-Men starved for years so every one we get sells like hotcakes. What if you want to pass on another Wolverine and a load of redos (I know that's your pet peeve) & you just want a Professor X. What do you do, just take him outta the package and just throw him down without a chair? Do you understand how effed up that is? Same concept, he's not complete without his damn chair & making everyone have to buy every figure, whether they want it or not is a total kick in the nuts.

I'm gonna buy the things, all of em, like it or not, but I'm looking at this from a non-hardcore collectors point of view. Build-a-Figure has always been that by defenition, building another figure, not a Rest-of-Figure. I personally dont give a damn if it's a larger figure or a regular size figure. I was fine with Jubilee. Hobgoblin was okay. I wasn't near as upset with Thanos as most people were, but just make it another figure. You don't see it like me that's fine but don't assume I ever think I'm entitled to anything. I've work every day of my life since I was 14 years old, the only exception being the first year while I was earning my degree in aviation & aeronautics and after that I realized I could work & go to school. I've started at the bottom and paid into a system that rewards the truly entitled for doing absolutely nothing because they won't take a job unless they're being paid 100k a year straight outta college. I don't mean to turn this political, but I've seen what entitlement has done to our country and where I come from its a strong word, so please mind how you throw it around.

That being said I do value your opinions because most of them have merit, tho I really disagree with you about redos, but what bothers me is you tendancies to disqualify others opinions as frivolous or petty. I have opinions, just as everyone else & I have a particular penchant for sarcasm that even my wife finds abrasive, but to discount mine or anyone else's opinion here is pure cynicism.

Cobra,

We're so much in synch people are gonna accuse us of some secret alliance. I don't have a gap in my collection, per se but there is a certain area in the dark ages where I'm not gonna complain one bit if they decide to do straight redos (Banshee, Yellowjacket, Tigra, Skaar, Hercules, Klaw, Silver Surfer, Big Time Spidey, Constrictor, Black Widow, etc....I'm looking at you) for every one them. I understand Rukk''s preference for New vs. Redos, but damn, comparing Hasbro's old stuff versus what they got going now is night & day. Good on them & good on the future of ML. But please, please Hasbro, don't let this method of half a figure/half a BAF become a trend. I'm only the first to get wise to this scheme. The rest of the sheep will wake up eventually.

Well I don't know about a secret alliance but your comment about how your wife, despite being married, still routinely finds your sarcasm as abrasive LOL I can match your bet and raise you $1 on that sir!

I've made my thoughts clear on the Vulture/wings so I don't want to recycle my comments too much but I will say this: At the END of the day, I don't open my legends/figures so despite me being a faithful collector like many of you are as well...MAYBE I'm not the most qualified to speak on behalf of the BAFs. All I'm saying is, if I went on a tangent about any given BAF and someone responded with "but you don't open your figures so why do you even care" ...I don't think I could mount a valid arguement against them lol (even though I'd give it my all) This is not to say I don't "open" my Marvel figures, I actually open up a decent bit, but they just aren't legends. If I'm going to take the time to pose and display a figure, I much more prefer the Marvel select releases as their scale is a little beefier but most importantly, their sculpted work and paint apps are just so much better. Select didn't always have the best track record but these days, I personally think they are just killing it for the most part.

As far as this feud between Rukk Vs Monron is concerned, I've made it clear in previous posts that there's more than enough merit to be agreed with on both sides and where I disagree, I've stated it as such...BUT...I do honestly think that you guys are arguing against two sides of the same coin at the end of the day. I believe you both have far more middle ground than being to the left or right of each other so in my expert clinical advice (I'm not a Dr but I've stayed at a Holiday Inn before) I think you two should just kiss and make up.

That's also not to say I'm only for neutrality and peace (I was hard beefing with Tarot a while back) but at the end of it, we found a middle ground and the guy definitely isn't my enemy, no matter how much we may disagree on things. On top of that, Tarot is probably more passionate about Legends than all of us put together (maybe I speak for myself because I do collect plenty of other toy lines with equal veracity and in certain cases, with even more passion then legends) so that's something I can respect very easily. That's not to say I won't thrown down with him again down the line (or anyone) if the opportunity presents itself but we did make our points clearly, strongly and we've since moved on very easily so I think you guys should too.

Or don't lol the drama makes for a good read after all!

Rukk,

I see all your points as well but what you call complaining I call critiquing and if not doing it in this forum then where else? There's always been speculation that at least someone from Hasbro reads this forum & I truly believe they do judging by some of the responses regarding the line, so why not carry on a discussion about what we like or don't like so they could learn something about the fans? Nobody's right, nobody's wrong, so stop acting like yours is the only opinion that counts. I've stated my position about supporting the line thru & thru so I guarantee my loyalty to ML is never in question. Its not about stop complaining or stop buying cuz that's just the black & white way of looking at it. This BS about me or anyone feeling entitled is crap cuz I never expect something for nothing and never said anything in that direction. Every suggestion, every criticism, every want & prediction a do is weighed against the understanding that Hasbro is trying to maintain a certain price point so I understand why we don't get any more giant BAFs and I am honestly pleasantly surprised when we get something like Juggernaut or Hulkbuster, but this Vulture thing just burns me up. It's half a figure and we have to spend upwards of $120 to get the other half. Looking at the figure from a financial standpoint it doesn't seem that they couldn't have just done the entire thing as a BAF. Adding to that is the fact that the rest of the figures in the assortment are a plastic conserver's wet dream. I never saw BAFs as a bonus but I did see it as an incentive to buy the figures you don't particularly want, but if you didn't want to you could just buy which ones you wanted and be content. Now you literally have to buy all the figures to get a complete Vulture. Who the hell wants a grounded Vulture? Who here thinks they can make that work in a display? Anyone? To me it's a total snub to the the fans and I stand by it & it's my OPINION. Make no mistake, I would hold the same stance if they were to do the Professor X figure with the build-a-chair idea that's been floating around for years. Factor out that we've been X-Men starved for years so every one we get sells like hotcakes. What if you want to pass on another Wolverine and a load of redos (I know that's your pet peeve) & you just want a Professor X. What do you do, just take him outta the package and just throw him down without a chair? Do you understand how effed up that is? Same concept, he's not complete without his damn chair & making everyone have to buy every figure, whether they want it or not is a total kick in the nuts.

I'm gonna buy the things, all of em, like it or not, but I'm looking at this from a non-hardcore collectors point of view. Build-a-Figure has always been that by defenition, building another figure, not a Rest-of-Figure. I personally dont give a damn if it's a larger figure or a regular size figure. I was fine with Jubilee. Hobgoblin was okay. I wasn't near as upset with Thanos as most people were, but just make it another figure. You don't see it like me that's fine but don't assume I ever think I'm entitled to anything. I've work every day of my life since I was 14 years old, the only exception being the first year while I was earning my degree in aviation & aeronautics and after that I realized I could work & go to school. I've started at the bottom and paid into a system that rewards the truly entitled for doing absolutely nothing because they won't take a job unless they're being paid 100k a year straight outta college. I don't mean to turn this political, but I've seen what entitlement has done to our country and where I come from its a strong word, so please mind how you throw it around.

That being said I do value your opinions because most of them have merit, tho I really disagree with you about redos, but what bothers me is you tendancies to disqualify others opinions as frivolous or petty. I have opinions, just as everyone else & I have a particular penchant for sarcasm that even my wife finds abrasive, but to discount mine or anyone else's opinion here is pure cynicism.

Cobra,

We're so much in synch people are gonna accuse us of some secret alliance. I don't have a gap in my collection, per se but there is a certain area in the dark ages where I'm not gonna complain one bit if they decide to do straight redos (Banshee, Yellowjacket, Tigra, Skaar, Hercules, Klaw, Silver Surfer, Big Time Spidey, Constrictor, Black Widow, etc....I'm looking at you) for every one them. I understand Rukk''s preference for New vs. Redos, but damn, comparing Hasbro's old stuff versus what they got going now is night & day. Good on them & good on the future of ML. But please, please Hasbro, don't let this method of half a figure/half a BAF become a trend. I'm only the first to get wise to this scheme. The rest of the sheep will wake up eventually.

Ok, now it's on! You just accused me of "acting like only my opinion matters". Where the hell did you get that from?!?! I believe in this very thread, I stated I'm not the only person collecting these things and I accept that people want what they want and Hasbro tries to give us all a little of that. What posts are YOU reading?!? Next point: When did I say YOU thought you were entitled? Read my previous post (you know, the one you should've read BEFORE posting this nonsense). I said I was generalizing and that, by definition means it doesn't mean everyone!!! Next point: When have I "disqualified" anyone's opinions? Didn't I just agree with most of what YOU said?!?! I ask again: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING THIS FROM?!? You said all of this false BS about me, while lauding yourself as smarter than anyone else for "figuring out" something those same "anyone else" has already known, while simultaneously calling them/us "sheep! But I'm the one disqualifying opinions and acting like I'm smarter than anyone else. Looks to me (and I'm sure anyone who read your post) that you're talking about yourself.

You try to downplay "what I call complaining", but go re-read Cobra's post where he gave examples of the complaints I'm talking about. That isn't "expressing one's opinion by any stretch of the imagination. It's spouting negativity plain and simple. THAT was my entire point. You say you don't do that, then obviously this isn't about you so what's your beef? What, they have a right to complain? Damn skippy they do, but just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should or have to. In closing, I would like for you to show me examples of the things you accused me of (and I don't mean YOUR interpretations, because I think that's what's happening here, but actual examples). My apologies to the rest of the forum. I did not plan this rant at all, but when someone accuses me of false BS (especially while demonstrating they're guilty of the very thing they accused ME of IN THE SAME POST no less) I can't let that stand.

PS: Believe it or not, despite my disdain for redo's, I agree with you. Toybiz's stuff looks like an entirely different line compared to today's Legends. Most are too short and automatically out of scale. For me, it limits my diorama creating ability because most don't look right together. Anyway, I'm done.

Yo

@rukk

Woah buddy lol you letting out some pent up aggression or what? If you read every post in this article, I don't think anyone was really complaining about BAFs or BAF sizes but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading your rant as I always love a good rant lol.

Having said that, as I believe this correlates to your post at least somewhat, I'm actually COMPLETELY cool with Legends waves having zero BAFs at all. Instead, I would much rather see the killer paint apps (like toybiz gave us) and a ton of accessories for each character (when it makes sense of course) I also don't open my figs and collect all my toys MOMC so there's that too lol.

I know I'm in the minorty here and that's cool but for me, if legends ramped up the paint apps and accessory counts at the trade off of not having BAFs, then Hasbro would still have all my money and it would be business as usual for my wallet at the end of the day.

You're right. Nowhere in this particular thread, but overall? Just look at some archived posts. Hell, you don't even need to look that far! Just go to the Spidey Homecoming thread right above this one! Someone today was ranting about how we've been "hosed" because we're getting "Build-A-Wings" instead of a B.A.F! If that doesn't bespeak of an ill thought sense of entitlement, then I don't know what does!!! No one's getting "hosed". These are TOYS. WE. DON'T HAVE. TO. BUY. THEM!! This means anyone thinking they've been hosed, screwed or anything else, is in actuality HOSING THEMSELVES!!! We all have something about this hobby we don't like. I, myself hate wave slots wasted on redo's (This is well documented. Lol), and I cannot tell a lie; I hate that up to three slots, and in some cases, B.A.F.'s take up room in waves for movie characters. I'm a Marvel COMICS fan. I want more Marvel characters, but movie figs and (lawd help me) redo's take up valuable slots, but I know I'm not the only one into this so I deal, collect all (the completionist in me knows no bounds) and don't complain...ESPECIALLY about the size of a Build-A-Figure that if things were different, I wouldn't even have! Ok, Rant: the sequel is over. Lol.
It's right here man. If you wanna play semantics about whether you specifically called me out by name, that's fine. Your comments were directed at mine and by extension that "someone" who sent it. Whatever, I severely disagree with your stance on redos but I never accused your opinions of "reaking" of anything or ever played you the whole "deal with it or don't buy" act, which I what I see as discounting other's opinions. I've seen that act several times, but if you don't see it then there's the disconnect between our perceptions. So I didn't accuse you of anything that I won't stand by. I was actually trying to disagree with you while letting you know I still value your opinion because you do back up your points & it's clear you share many of the same concerns regarding the line, but if your just gonna pick a fight & then play the victim when someone disputest you it's clear to me that you're really not so much into hearing other people's thoughts as you probably are into just stating your own. Remember you pulled me into this conversation because of a statement you got all butt hurt about that I made on a different thread while you were already trying to belittle someone else's opinion on this thread. So, I'll say I'm sorry if there's anything I said that you perceive as false and I'll let your own statements speak for themselves.

I'm not intent on arguing it anymore. We've gone way off topic and I just say I love all you guys & I value all your opinions & if anyone here ever catches me writing of your opinions, please call me out. I'm done.

Yo

@rukk

Woah buddy lol you letting out some pent up aggression or what? If you read every post in this article, I don't think anyone was really complaining about BAFs or BAF sizes but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading your rant as I always love a good rant lol.

Having said that, as I believe this correlates to your post at least somewhat, I'm actually COMPLETELY cool with Legends waves having zero BAFs at all. Instead, I would much rather see the killer paint apps (like toybiz gave us) and a ton of accessories for each character (when it makes sense of course) I also don't open my figs and collect all my toys MOMC so there's that too lol.

I know I'm in the minorty here and that's cool but for me, if legends ramped up the paint apps and accessory counts at the trade off of not having BAFs, then Hasbro would still have all my money and it would be business as usual for my wallet at the end of the day.

You're right. Nowhere in this particular thread, but overall? Just look at some archived posts. Hell, you don't even need to look that far! Just go to the Spidey Homecoming thread right above this one! Someone today was ranting about how we've been "hosed" because we're getting "Build-A-Wings" instead of a B.A.F! If that doesn't bespeak of an ill thought sense of entitlement, then I don't know what does!!! No one's getting "hosed". These are TOYS. WE. DON'T HAVE. TO. BUY. THEM!! This means anyone thinking they've been hosed, screwed or anything else, is in actuality HOSING THEMSELVES!!! We all have something about this hobby we don't like. I, myself hate wave slots wasted on redo's (This is well documented. Lol), and I cannot tell a lie; I hate that up to three slots, and in some cases, B.A.F.'s take up room in waves for movie characters. I'm a Marvel COMICS fan. I want more Marvel characters, but movie figs and (lawd help me) redo's take up valuable slots, but I know I'm not the only one into this so I deal, collect all (the completionist in me knows no bounds) and don't complain...ESPECIALLY about the size of a Build-A-Figure that if things were different, I wouldn't even have! Ok, Rant: the sequel is over. Lol.
It's right here man. If you wanna play semantics about whether you specifically called me out by name, that's fine. Your comments were directed at mine and by extension that "someone" who sent it. Whatever, I severely disagree with your stance on redos but I never accused your opinions of "reaking" of anything or ever played you the whole "deal with it or don't buy" act, which I what I see as discounting other's opinions. I've seen that act several times, but if you don't see it then there's the disconnect between our perceptions. So I didn't accuse you of anything that I won't stand by. I was actually trying to disagree with you while letting you know I still value your opinion because you do back up your points & it's clear you share many of the same concerns regarding the line, but if your just gonna pick a fight & then play the victim when someone disputest you it's clear to me that you're really not so much into hearing other people's thoughts as you probably are into just stating your own. Remember you pulled me into this conversation because of a statement you got all butt hurt about that I made on a different thread while you were already trying to belittle someone else's opinion on this thread. So, I'll say I'm sorry if there's anything I said that you perceive as false and I'll let your own statements speak for themselves.

I'm not intent on arguing it anymore. We've gone way off topic and I just say I love all you guys & I value all your opinions & if anyone here ever catches me writing of your opinions, please call me out. I'm done.

Uhh nowhere in that excerpt you posted did I "dismiss or devalue" anyone's opinions. Someone said we were getting "hosed" and I simply stated if we're getting hosed, we're doing it to ourselves. And you can perceive wand misconstrue what I said all you like (once again, trying to put that off on me), but What I said is the reality of the matter; YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THESE THINGS! So yes, shut up, buy and enjoy...or don't to all the above! Find a hobby that makes you happy, or admit it isn't the hobby but the complaining that makes you happy (and before you get Butt hurt, "you" was a general statement). I will say this about you; you have a great penchant for twisting things around. If anyone was "butt hurt", it was you. You're right. I didn't call you out by name and yet, here you are (you also seem to have a propensity to show you're really talking about yourself when you talk about others). And then you think you can get away with taking the "high road" after making this personal. Funny. I'm glad you're finally done. Now we can be off to the next topic (somehow, I don't think you're done yet). I am though.

Every figure in the second GoG wave makes sense to me except for Starlord.......are they really going to release the comic version for a 3rd time? Maybe with white instead of red? I really hope not. Do you think there is any chance it will be Kitty Pryde as Starlord? That would be so awesome.

I really hope we get Ronan, Collector, Classic Yondu, Captain Mar-Vell and The Thing in the third wave. A comic Gamora in her white outfit would be dope as well but I doubt it.

They should really consider doing 3 Thor based waves this year.

I mean Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Sif, Heimdall, Comic Loki, Female Loki, Classic Thor, Hercules, Black Knight, Destroyer BAF, Malkeith, Thunderstrike, Frost Giant BAF, Comic Hulk, Ulik, Beta Ray Bill, MCU Odin, Sutur, Balder, Grey Gargoyle there are SO many options!

I don't WANT it to be blue/white comic Star-Lord... but I think it's most realistic.

Unless they repurpose movie parts to make a "modern" comic Star-Lord

Don't see it being Kitty, since we're already supposed to get two females in the wave. Her version of Star-Lord would require a lot of new parts as well, so I don't see that investment on a line that has to produce a bunch of new movie sculpts.

I'm assuming we'll get Monica Rambeau Spectrum in a 3rd wave? Where else is she supposed to go?!

I love all this optimism about extra waves but I just wish I could share it unfortunately lol.

We have already have 7 released/proposed waves for the year and that is without a 2nd Thor Wave (let alone 3) and without a 3rd GOTG wave. 7 waves ties last years record so anything more than 7 will not only set a new precedent but be pretty crazy (and awesome) to boot.

I also know I used the word "proposed" instead of "rumored" but I honestly think that (despite not being confirmed) a single Thor3 Wave & Netflix/Knights wave are very realistic given the current landscape and timing-critical factors to consider.

If we were to get 8 waves (assuming we are getting the 7 to begin with that I genuinely think we will), I think that would probably be it for the year. 8 waves is crazy so I can't really picture 9 or 10!

Having said that, a hypothetical 8th wave could be a GOTG2 Wave 3 or a Thor3 Wave 2, imo. Out of those two proposals, I can't possibly begin to agree with Heisenberg more than I already do-Thor Waves for life! There's so many damn options and overdue characters needed that it makes my head spin just thinking about it. All I'm gonna say is...daddy needs a KURSE.

Lastly, one could argue that they could just theoretically release subsequent potential Thor Waves, spilling into 2018. While i would never say that opinion is "wrong", I would only say that there is simply no precedent for that since Infinite Series started and by extension, it seems Hasbro is pretty keen on starting out their new years strong and fresh and happy to leave their previous year in the past. Out of the realm of possibility to see spill over waves? Absolutely not...BUT given the historical data, I wouldn't say it's likely is all.

Prove me wrong Hasbro, I want 5 Thor waves damnit!!!

Oh Heisenberg...

So here's what happens to me when I hear clamoring for a ton of Thor love in ML:

1. Eyes glaze over

2. Eyes roll out of their sockets

3. Eyes roll down the natural slope of my apartment floor into a dusty corner

4. Takes me 15 minutes to locate and reclaim my eyeballs.

And here's my reasons why:

Of "the Big 3" that have been the centerpiece of Marvel movie trilogies, the Iron Man and Captain America franchises have FAR outperformed the Thor movie franchise at the box office. Thor's movies have been spaced much farther apart. Thor was MIA from the Civil War movie, meaning he's been much less focal than basically any other Avenger now, since his last significant appearance was Age of Ultron. Lack of box office momentum for Thor means he won't be getting a dedicated three waves.

Design-wise, a lot of the characters you've listed, particularly the Asgardian warriors, are not central to anything in the Marvel Universe BUT Thor's world, and even in the movies, they were 3rd tier supporting characters who were less focal and developed than the human supporting characters. Doing waves with Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Heimdall, Balder, and Sif as centerpieces will look more like a Lord of the Rings toy line than Marvel Legends. They all will require a lot more dedicated sculpts, new tooling, and generally require more plastic for there larger size as Asgardians. They'll need new pouches, and belts, and swords, and sheaths, and chain mail, and helmets, and big boots, and loincloths, and axes, and I betcha that's a lot of plastic to sell at clearance prices when they all look interchangeable and start to rot on the pegs. There are too many movie characters that would eat up the budget needing dedicated sculpts, that will have less chance of a reuse, in order to get the wave to market in the first place. And I'll pay for the psychiatric care for anyone who thinks there's a snowball's chance in H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks that there would ever be both movie and comic versions released of all of the characters named in this paragraph.

Take note, none of my reasoning states that I don't like Thor or Asgard.

I think we can generously expect 2 waves. I think we'd see a lot of Thor variations, since he's the "money" character. Not considering movie figures, I'd say chances are strong for:

Classic Thor (remake)

Classic Loki

Modern Thor (unworthy?)

Jane Foster Thor

Eric Masterson Thor / Thunderstrike

Beta Ray Bill

Ragnarok

Hercules

Ares

Arkon (he looks Asgardian, that's about all I'd say for his chances, and I would have lumped Thundra into this category as well)

Grey Gargoyle

Skurge the Executioner

Ulik (BAF?)

Surtur (BAF?)

Destroyer (BAF?)

And Gilgamesh the Forgotten One (which I consider a stretch also)

But all of these are godly, imposing characters, or characters that read like Thor in a plastic bubble package, and still look like they come from comic books. I don't even see Black Knight fitting into this group and I love Black Knight and think he needs a remake. He'll probably come back around for an Avengers: Infinity War wave. You MIGHT get Sif, and I only think she stands a stronger chance because she's a female. Girl power, and all that.

No shade to Thor or Asgard, but I just don't see Hasbro investing all that much.

My sentiments exactly, Tarot. I love the character Thor. I love the portrayal of Thor in the movies. I just don't love his movies. Tho parts of the movie take place on Earth, the movies just don't do much to integrate our world with theirs. It's almost like your wondering why the hell he even bothers with the Avengers. It actually makes since he was absent from Civil War. As long as there's no infinity stone involvement why should he care what's going on with Earth, yknow other than his main squeeze. I always compared the movies to Midevil England or maybe even Feudal Japan but I think your LOTR comparison works much better.

I as well said from the start that I thought there was no way there would be 3 Thor waves for similar reasons. The movie lumps in too small a cast of characters that could make good figures. Other than a shining few, most of the character designs are bland yet very complicated. Finally, the movies don't do much of anything to incorporate other characters of the MCU, tho this movie looks to remedy that with Strange & Hulk. But really, do we need another Doctor Strange figuree & though I would love a comic Hulk update (with freaking ankle pivot) chances are high we'll getting another MCU Hulk. So, unless they go pretty comic heavy on the waves & maybe full-out comic on a third wave it just doesn't seem there's enough ammo to arm 3 full waves. Of course we could all be pleasantly surprised and get some of the characters that hit all the GOTG wish lists as well. Honestly you could make a wave or two that involves both of them. Inhumans, alien species, Heralds of Galactus, celestial beings, Gods & Demigods would all kinda fit between the two franchise. I could see characters like Beta Ray & Hercules fitting into a wave like that.

I also think that we won't get any figures revealed for Thor this weekend (well maybe a preview). I think the earliest we will see those figure is SDCC in July.

we might see the Full wave of GOTG wave 2, maybe a hint for a third wave, Spidey and maybe (a big maybe) the full wave of Defender but we are not going to see too much Thor.