Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

What's the worst idea marvel had?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 thor333us

thor333us

Andorian

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

I thought hulked out heroes was bad then I saw this.

http://marvel.com/wa...m...85&size=med

#2 EldestSon

EldestSon

Borg

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

the difference is Hulked Out Heroes isn't a joke story.

#3 CameronWv

CameronWv

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

Spider-Man Brand New Day or Norman Osborne banging Gwen Stacy and getting her preggo with twins. Those two things turned me off of ALL comics. I still dont know what the hell they were thinking.

#4 Valkior

Valkior

Mouser

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (CameronWv @ Sep 16 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spider-Man Brand New Day or Norman Osborne banging Gwen Stacy and getting her preggo with twins. Those two things turned me off of ALL comics. I still dont know what the hell they were thinking.

The two are probably the worst things that Marvel ever did ..another one is killing Johnny Storm.

#5 PigIron

PigIron

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

Honestly, bringing back Bucky.

#6 ADour

ADour

Mouser

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:34 PM

Comics:
* One More Day
* Brand New Day
* Killing Roderick Kinglsey
* Making Venom a military weapon
* Ultimatum Wave
* Killing almost the whole Ultimate Universe
* Spider-Man: Chapter One
* Sins Past

Movies:
* Killing Cyclops
* No Cyclops in "X-Men: First Class"
* The Spidey's dancing black-costume
* Venom
* Sandman killing Ben Parker
* "Ghost Rider" Blackheart

#7 Zedhatch

Zedhatch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

NFL Supepro-Nuff said
Brute Force-Deathlock meets eco warriors as animals
Wolfpack-Street Gang who fights crime
The number of times they pretended Tony was dead and he was faking.
Spider-Clone-Still don't think Spidey ever recovered
Infinity War and Crusade-Sequeals attempting to cash into a great story
Having a cross over with DC every week-I mean literally
Superman Vs. Silver Surfer (should have never had vs. in the title since they never fight).
The end of the Dan Keitch Ghost Rider comic-Words cannot discribe

Figured since so many current ones were being listed I would ad some old school ones LOL

#8 oldmanlogan

oldmanlogan

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

howard the duck replacing the silver surfer in the defenders.

#9 Zedhatch

Zedhatch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:36 PM

Hey Howard the Duck ROCKS!

#10 Grey

Grey

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

Hey guys!

Making Peter the clone, even though I would love a new Ben series- just not as the real Peter.

#11 QthaGreat

QthaGreat

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

1. killing and resurrecting Jean Grey too many times!!!
2. having too many random siblings, offsprings or relatives from Scott Summers and Jean Grey: Christopher Summers (Corsair), Alex Summers (Havok), Rachel Summers (Marvel Girl II), Gabriel Summers (Vulcan), Nate Grey (X-Man), Nathaniel Summers (Cable), Hope Summers (Hope)

next they'll resurrect Katherine Summers and she'll date Charles Xavier! Or Polaris will have a baby by Havok in space! or Hepsibah will be preggo with Corsair's half-cat baby! Scott and Emma will have a baby!! or Frenzy will be preggo form the Age of X saga! uuuggghhh!!

#12 Skaar

Skaar

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

erasing Peter and Mary Jane's marriage
giving creative control of Avengers to Bendis

#13 CommanderRogers

CommanderRogers

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

I think I agree with pretty much all of these so far. Definitely hated Marvel thinking that marital troubles or getting rid of spouses mad good story lines. Hulk - killed betty off (recently ret-conned sort of) FF - constantly threatenting that marriage, Spidey - killed her which pissed people off so they brought her back then cosmicly "annulled" the marriage. WTF Marvel? Just cuz you can't sustain a reasonable relationship that means your heroes shouldn't either?
Not to mention Hank Pym - wife beater! really? great uplifting stories guys.

Okay, and the aforementioned Green Gobline/Gwen Stacy twins... holy heck what the heck were they thinking? Obvious example of why you should not write MAINSTREAM comics while completely stoned.

But the biggest screw up to me is f'ing with Cap's character by having him give up at the end of Civil War. That was such a cop out because they could not think of a way for one side to give in. But the REAL Cap, the way he had been written rather consistently up until THAT issue, would never stand down just because "the people" didn't agree with them. He'd even said as much to Peter over in the Spidey titles. He said that when you know something is wrong, you oppose it regardless of who stands against you - even the whole world. Then he quits! yes, way to blow that one Marvel.
It honestly took us well over a year to start buying any more Marvel comics besides Spider-Girl after that. we were already ticked that they were screwing with all the families and couples so messing up the one "guiding light" in the MU was just too much.

#14 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:15 AM

Agree on bringing Jean back, which meant having to kill off Madelyne Pryor and was the start of Cyclops being a huge a-hole.

I miss the Dark Avengers. Bad guys in control was so much better. They should have taken that further and let Norman really screw the good guys' world all up.

#15 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

Agree on bringing Jean back, which meant having to kill off Madelyne Pryor and was the start of Cyclops being a huge a-hole.

I miss the Dark Avengers. Bad guys in control was so much better. They should have taken that further and let Norman really screw the good guys' world all up.

#16 D00MTR0N

D00MTR0N

Snakeman

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

to answer the thread title,REVISIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 tetragrammaton

tetragrammaton

Andorian

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

Anything Loeb.

#18 damprime

damprime

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

I agree with the Norman Osborn/ Gwen Stacy thing and though interesting Peter and Mary Jane breakup. Killing off Cyclops in the movie really sucked. However in the comics I wouldn't quite mind now because he has become an @$$. Makes me wish they had let Claremont keep him as a reserve with special appearances like he intended. That's why he tried to marry him off when he introduced Madelyne. But what I think is going to be the biggest is Marvel Now. Especially bringing the original X men team to the present day in an ongoing series.

#19 shokker

shokker

Borg

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

canceling amazing spider-man after #700.

#20 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:16 PM

I have to say Vision being destroyed and Wanda and Vision's kids being fake.

#21 QthaGreat

QthaGreat

Trap Jaw

• Members
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

Wolverine dating anyone that is an X-Man!

#22 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

Wait. Wait. Wait. How about how Captain America dies every other comic?

#23 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:51 PM

Professor Xavier has so many deep dark secrets now, he's pretty much the most evil person ever. Seriously, way to take positive character and just make him into the biggest jerk ever.

#24 thenerdieststore

thenerdieststore

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

Professor Xavier has so many deep dark secrets now, he's pretty much the most evil person ever. Seriously, way to take positive character and just make him into the biggest jerk ever.

Yeah they been hating on the professor pretty hard since the mid 80s. Hate all that stuff.

#25 Spiral32

Spiral32

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

Quoted for truth. They've ruined the Professor almost. I'll second the Osborne-Stacy twins too, awful story that hurt the legacy of a long dead character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us