Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

3 3/4 Movie Figures Revealed

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

From the main page- 

http://marvelousnews...52&itemid=21202

Glad I hadn't started my Vulture custom yet. 

Now I have to repurpose my custom Yondu into one of the other Ravagers.

And custom Dr. Strange might be able to be switched into Mordo. 

Glad there is an attempt to keep the scale going.

#2 wedge1968

wedge1968

Borg

• Members
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:05 PM

I'm pretty excited about some news in this line.

#3 Axonrey

Axonrey

Mouser

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

These look pretty great. Hopefully this is a good sign and not a one off.

#4 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

Those actually look really good.

#5 tellytubbygen

tellytubbygen

Mouser

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

Wow...I just died and went to heaven!!!

#6 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

More TRU exclusives? Keep them coming I guess because I think we can all agree that the comic packs are dead...again.

#7 stitch13

stitch13

Leatherhead

• Members
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about! I really hope these aren't one offs, but we're so lucky to be getting them that it feels greedy to ask for more at the moment. Strange should have come with Mordo or Kaecillius, but it's a very pleasant surprise to be getting him at all. This is excellent news and I hope it's a sign of good things to come.

#8 RichardC

RichardC

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:20 AM

I really hope we get the full gaurdians team in two packs. Need the whole team

#9 Axonrey

Axonrey

Mouser

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

I agree that Astral Strange is the weak link, but I'll take that hit for the others were getting at the price point.

#10 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

I already have plans for that "Astral Buck"

And If the likeness is good enough I can finally make a Sherlock Holmes Custom to go with my Dr.Who's

#11 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Pleased with this. However, there is certainly some evidence of cost cutting.

Missed opportunity for giving us Kaecilius. Especially since they already made a Galen Erso figure...

Wish Star Lord had a Quill alternate head. But I can use the Jurassic World figure for that I guess. 

Yondu- Mixed on him. Would rather have an articulated Rocket, Gamora, Groot, Mantis or Drax.  Yondu also doesn't seem to have his arrow- just an empty holster?

Vulture- Pretty clear they cut corners on him. So in that case, I hope he's in the two pack with Spidey. Because if they are separate, not gonna be happy.

Still, glad we are getting something. 

Now what about a tv version of two packs:

Daredevil and Kingpin

Jessica and Kilgrave

Luke Cage and Iron Fist

Punisher and Elektra

Coulson and May

Fitz and Simmons

Quake and Mack

Peggy Carter and Jarvis

I'd kill for those packs.

#12 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:26 PM

I would also KILL for a Peggy Carter/Jarvis 2pack in Legends 6in & 3.75 (more so 6in)

Also, the article was very clear that Spidey & Vulture was an upcoming 2pack. I know they didn't have have boxed photos but if they were released separately, Spidey would be part of a wave and so would Vulture (unless he got his own box like they did with Falcon last year) I understand that that is a potentiality, but I would find it weird that those 2 were part of a new 2pack press release and yet they wouldn't be a 2pack. Just my $0.02

#13 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

Yeah the Dr. Strange pack is the "budgetary reasons" pack.

If we got a second wave- I'm sure we'd see a repaint of an Iron Man or Cap in one of the packs. Or they'd re-release Star-Lord without the mask and include Rocket with him.

I bet Gamora and Drax would be another.  

#14 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

Cmon man, this is 3.75...you know damn well these are the only packs we are getting lol

#15 ssg4life

ssg4life

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

is that articulation i see on spidey?!

#16 Axonrey

Axonrey

Mouser

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

It's seems as though Yondu was intended to come with an accessory (i assume his arrow), but doesn't look like it made it. Which is a bummer since the sculpt was built to accommodate it.

#17 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 950 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

Assuming this is a success, might we see more for Avengers 3?

Drax and Mantis

Gamora and Nebula

Rocket and Groot

Vision and Scarlet Witch

I could easily get behind movie and television two packs as long as Hasbro gave us a quality product. Better that than no line at all.

#18 Axonrey

Axonrey

Mouser

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

The few movie figures have been solid like the black panther/agent 13 lady year, and when they actually did the full lines prior. I could get behind a full line up of these 2 packs

#19 norinradd

norinradd

Andorian

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:14 AM

While I am happy to see a step (it is just a step) in the right direction to amend the lack of movie figures offered from recent films in the 3 and 3/4 scale, it still baffles me that these 2 packs are going to cost $19.99 for two figures, when they are selling the new 6" Avenger figures at $8 each. If they would offer the 3 and 3/4 figures at that price range and with a wider selection than has been offered in recent waves (i.e. less repacks), with the returned articulation, then it would show real commitment and support for the line. I look at these new 2 pack figures and feel a sense of compromise...yes I wanted them when the movies were released, but the lost torso articulation these movie figures lack always leaves me with a post purchase disappointment from the movie line figures (antman; black panther; agent 13; falcon).
It feels as if we constantly make concessions with what we want our chosen line to be and we continue to pay for it. The catch twenty-two of the whole thing is that we pay more but lose more. We lose articulation, or the pack in figure is essentially a repaint of the figure and we shell out $20, while they are selling a articulation lite 6" figure for $8 (does it feel as if we are being undercut?). Where were the savings in our figure from the removed articulation? We pay $10-$13 a figure. 6" with lacking articulation is almost $2-$5 less? Where is the sense in that?
I continue to be baffled at the management of it all. Hasbro introduced a new wave of two pack figures, only to have it followed by a wave of repack figures (GOTG-which still haven't reared their faces at retail) to kill off interest in the wave...yet many of us buy it anyways. Why bombard us with the same sculpts and figures over and over again? Were they mad at the 3 and 3/4 fans for all of the GOTG 3 packs which peg warmed for so long that they had to release them in single pack and again as 2 pack figures?  The 3 and 3/4 line is all very inconsistent. Does Hasbro support a 3 and 3/4 or not? If so, commit to it by either releasing the figures with the articulation, or lower the price to reflect the lack of articulation....show us fans why the corners are cut. Saying it saves money and yet charging us more doesn't make any sense.
I hate being so cantankerous about this (especially when we are getting new figures), but it really irks me to see a press conference for 6 new figures (three 2 packs) with what I will refer to as "the movie style articulation" when we are only a  week or two away from Toyfair and we have been told that articulation would be returning. Perhaps part of my lack of eagerness with this release is my sense that this line will not be sustained. It is a simple one off. We will not see if continue to a DD and Punsher pack or a Luke Cage and Danny Rand pack. We will not see  Jessica Jones and Patricia Walker pack. Instead we may see a repack or some other cost cut release,
I still await eagerly for some sort of good news and I am hopeful to receive pleasant surprise from Toyfair in 2 weeks, but the reality of the situation is sinking in for me. We won't see much except the same double speak and lackluster representation for our line this year. I hope I am wrong.

#20 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,411 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:32 AM

if you really want to rant,

check out the Bandai SHODO figures from japan.

over there apparently they have "candy" figures.

you get a little box with a fairly articulate figure for 4-7 bucks in a Japanese store (candy store?)

you get a case for about 40 bucks or so. of 8- 12 figures. 

http://www.amiami.co...de=FIG-COL-9004

so the articulation, acc. stand cutting and lack of BAF for this scale and overall price increase is all mostly bullshit.

it's about trying to get away with as much as you can while getting profit.

or if people STILL defend it with the different company, different region excuses..

look at how AMAZING the Transformer Deluxe figures are for their price points and the things Transform and have a comic and acc. (some even combine or come with mini figures!)

https://www.walmart....chProductResult

but I can live with a 19.99 two pack.

I really think it's transportation cost  and licensing fees That is the biggest factor and if i can get 2-  4 inch articulated figures for that price I'll take the pill at this point.

because I REFUSE to do what other collectors do now and spend about 10-12 bucks for a 5 POA brick figure.

with shitty sculpts... (yes looking at you Reaction and SW main 3.75 line) 

#21 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:59 AM

@norinradd

You make all valid points. 100% agree. To that end, it really just comes down to a few simple things at this stage in the game, or at least as I see it anyways.

Hasbro has been neglecting their SA 3.75 brands for a while now (whether that be with reduced POA, price increases, low production/volume and just overall inferior quality) and I don't think that's going to change any time soon. Their "focus" is on their 6in brands. Period.

Having said that, that leaves MU collectors in 2 camps:

1. You continue to buy each and every figure because you have a massive collection (I have every single carded MU mainline release figure for example) and want to keep it going/aka still enjoy Marvel figures in this scale/line. Also, the "belief" that if you continue to support said line, it will keep the line going at the end of the day. This is the camp I fall into.

2. You once were a dedicated MU collector and have just cut the cord at this point with either only cherry picking certain releases or have given up on the line outright (for the aforementioned above reasons)

While I happen to fall into camp #1, that doesn't mean I don't fully understand the position of the other camp-I get it 100%. The only question left is, which camp has stronger support? This is (I have to assume) the exact same question Hasbro is asking themselves right now. It's never too late to play damage control and turn the ship back around to the glory days of MU (or at least something showing a semblance of they truly "care" again) but I personally don't see the status quo changing; mainly because Marvel 3.75 isn't the only 3.75 brand of theirs that's being neglected-they uniformly release a pittance of MU, SW & Joes across the board at this point unfortunately.

#22 Dracos

Dracos

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:55 PM

All-in-all, great news if it gets confirmed by Hasbro.  I am impressed with the overall quality of the sculpts -- I wish the main 3.75" line had had that level of consistency this past year.  Unfortunately, movie figures aren't really my thing, so I'm not sure how many of these I'll end up buying.  I will most likely pick up that Dr. Strange set -- I like how his movie costume looks.  As for all of the complaints about the astral variant as the other figure, I personally don't care.  I think it's a valid variant and I want it almost as much as the main figure.  I agree, a different character instead would have been nicer, but I'm cool with the set.  I wish I'd been able to score the astral variant of the MU figure back in the day -- I'm still waiting to find a couple of them at decent prices on Ebay, but they still are at $40+ MOC.

I know it's foolish at this point, but I'm still hoping against hope that the articulated Spidey, Shocker and Tombstone figures that we saw previewed at last year's SDCC will be from a new 3.75" Spidey line.  I really wish Hasbro would treat our scale the way that they do the 6" one.  The model of releasing batches of figures under different lines (i.e. a Spider-man Legends, an Avengers Legends, etc) seems to be working well, and I wish they'd us it for our scale, too.

#23 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

@Dracos

I totally 2nd your notion of themed MU Waves like the 6in, that would be awesome. Of course...Hasbro would have to start truly "caring" about MU 3.75 again for that to happen but still that's a great idea. Alas, looks like another year where Hasbro will be taking all of my money on the 6in front and throwing my wallet some MU scraps to chew on a couple of times in between all the 6in waves...business as usual at Hasblow.

#24 Axonrey

Axonrey

Mouser

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

I think we've worn ourselves out with these arguments.  I think Hasbro has made it plain that there's no real profit in 3.75 for them.  5POA Star Wars exists for nostalgia, and the 3.75 stuff we get is their version of throwing us a bone.  they'll continue to get away with whatever we let them, and we can't win because they don't care if the bottom line dictates its elimination. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us