Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

I'm going to China!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Koga

Koga

ADC purist

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

I have been planning on this for about 5 months now and its finally come. I'll be heading off to China for two weeks. I'm going to a school and will be teaching english and the American culture. Its going to be awesome!! I cant wait. So not this thursday but next i'll be gone.

#2 Skips

Skips

Brilliant, but Lazy...

• Members
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:42 AM

Where abouts in China?

#3 amazingdm

amazingdm

Just say NO to singer.

• Members
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:23 AM

awesome
buy lots of bootleg dvds biggrin.gif

#4 RC_rika

RC_rika

Prowl

• Moderators
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:28 AM

That's neat!! happy.gif Good luck & have fun... I'm sure it'll be absolutely awesome! Oh and make sure to take lots of pics so we can see... biggrin.gif

#5 Three Storms

Three Storms

All glory to the hypno-toad!!!

• Moderators
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

Cool. Be sure to check out the giant Buddhist statues.

#6 Koga

Koga

ADC purist

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:40 PM

I'll be heading to Jai Yang..I believe it is called. Its sub city in comparison to Hong Kong, but its size is just as big as New York or something. Because the summer olympics will be held in China next year, the government has allowed many english speaking Americans to come into their schools and give them a view of American culture. I was thinking, "I am from southern Louisiana are they sure they want us to be teaching English". I'll be definitely taking a lot of pictures and try to upload when I get back...

-Koga

#7 boff123

boff123

cobra lackey

• Members
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:51 PM

i worked with a chinese dude that migrated from china a couple of yrs ago. he said that english people are paid well for teaching and they attract the ladies who want rich foreigners. good luck!

#8 Doom Saber

Doom Saber

I cause internet hangovers!

• Members
  • 13,938 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE(Koga @ May 22 2007, 05:40 PM) View Post
I'll be heading to Jai Yang..I believe it is called. Its sub city in comparison to Hong Kong, but its size is just as big as New York or something. Because the summer olympics will be held in China next year, the government has allowed many english speaking Americans to come into their schools and give them a view of American culture. I was thinking, "I am from southern Louisiana are they sure they want us to be teaching English". I'll be definitely taking a lot of pictures and try to upload when I get back...

-Koga

The Oylympics comming to the China next year? Guess that is why the chinese government is cracking down on bad english signs

#9 Skips

Skips

Brilliant, but Lazy...

• Members
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE(Doom Saber @ May 23 2007, 04:24 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Koga @ May 22 2007, 05:40 PM) View Post

-Koga

The Oylympics comming to the China next year? Guess that is why the chinese government is cracking down on bad english signs

Yep Beijing 2008.

I still can't figure out where Jai Yang is...

Koga bro - It can't be a sub city in terms of size compared to NY cause Hong Kong is even smaller than New York City!!!

#10 Koga

Koga

ADC purist

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:38 AM

I'm talking about the amount of people. It has millions and millions of peoples and they consider it a sub city. I think the place is Guanzhou now. I'm just repeating what the group is telling me. We have also been told that foreigners especially Americans have not been present in this area for decades so I'll be sticking out like a sore thumb. I can hardly imagine what kind of experience I'll have. I just know its going to be great. The food is all i'm worried about, but I know I have to be willing to eat a fish head or something haha.

#11 Skips

Skips

Brilliant, but Lazy...

• Members
  • 15,785 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(Koga @ May 24 2007, 10:38 AM) View Post
I'm talking about the amount of people. It has millions and millions of peoples and they consider it a sub city. I think the place is Guanzhou now. I'm just repeating what the group is telling me. We have also been told that foreigners especially Americans have not been present in this area for decades so I'll be sticking out like a sore thumb. I can hardly imagine what kind of experience I'll have. I just know its going to be great. The food is all i'm worried about, but I know I have to be willing to eat a fish head or something haha.

hahaha I see! smile.gif

Well it'll definately be a great experience I am sure you'll enjoy it!

If it is in Guangzhou, the food won't be too too too bad... wink.gif

If you happen to get a chance to drop by Hong Kong, do let me know! wink.gif

#12 Cloud

Cloud

Jabba the Hutt

• Members
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:04 PM

Great news to hear.
Have a good time in China. Remember to take a lot of pics.

I just wanna give you one little advice. We chinese eat a lot of different kinds of stuff. So if you love the food you eating but u dont know what it is, dont ask tongue.gif

#13 Koga

Koga

ADC purist

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:29 PM

Yeah thanks guys! I'll definitely be taking a lot of pictures but I heard its not good to take pictures of gov't buildings or police officers. I dont wanna slip up and they have to trash my camera. I also have to try myself some redbull (atleast one) because I hear in China the actually have the drugs SPEED in it. Oh well I'll be taking along barbeque stuff and things from here to cook to show some of the culture. I'm leaving in three days! WOOHOO!

#14 Koga

Koga

ADC purist

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:30 AM

edit

#15 Koga

Koga

ADC purist

• Members
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:30 AM

I'm leaving for China in about 2 hours! I'll see you guys when I get back and I'm sure to have a crap load of pictures. See ya on the flipside..

#16 RC_rika

RC_rika

Prowl

• Moderators
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

Ooh good luck, have fun, & be safe!!

#17 CaptainCold

CaptainCold

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

See ya Koga! I had a neighbor who went to China for 3 weeks and (being the good person I am tongue.gif) I took care of their animals for them. They said they had a blast. smile.gif

#18 RC_rika

RC_rika

Prowl

• Moderators
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:21 PM

I wouldn't mind visiting China... hopefully someday!! tongue.gif

#19 Blackheart

Blackheart

Imperial Officer

• Members
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:21 PM

Awesome. I've always wanted to go there myself. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us