Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

IMPORTANT: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Clam

Clam

ADC MVP since '01

• Moderators
  • 16,967 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

well... after that entire waffles/Modok trade thing went down, I have learned that I wasn't supposed to help out there. I wasn't supposed to do anything. The policy here is that we don't get involved in any way, shape, or form. If you make any trades here, you are on your own entirely. We cannot help you, cannot give you any information, cannot contact the person you are having trouble with... nothing.

WE DO NOT GET INVOLVED.

So, with that in mind... here are some important tips/guidelines for trading.

- Check for trader feedback. It would be nice if everybody could be trusted, but that is not the case. So it is important for you to try to trade with people that have made successful trades with other members here. Check the feedback forum and see if people have posted positive feedback about your trading partner before trading. - Now, just because somebody has some feedback, they could still very well screw you over. Also, people could create multiple usernames and give themselves false positive feedback... so don't put too much stock into the feedback system. It's nice to see somebody has some good feedback, but it is in no way a surefire system to make sure you have a good trading partner.

- ALWAYS use tracking numbers. Make sure to ask your trading partner to give you a tracking number when they send your package, and ALSO get a tracking number when you send a package to somebody else. You want to be able to prove that they sent a package to you, and that you sent a package to them. It is extra helpful/important to use an electronic postal service that will keep a record of the actual address you sent your package to on the receipt. If you use USPS.com to buy postage, it will give you discounted shipping rates and free delivery confirmation. This will also give you a receipt that shows your destination address so that nobody can claim you sent the package to the wrong address. - However, a tracking number will not prove what was sent. Also, as I said, if somebody gives you a tracking number, it will only show the zipcode/city that they sent to, unless they have the aforementioned electronic/internet postage receipt. So I could send a package to the wrong address in your town, give you the tracking number, and you would think that I just gave you proof that I sent you your package. We have even just seen members give false tracking numbers, or tracking numbers from previous deals. Make sure to actually check these tracking numbers ASAP. Tracking numbers are helpful, but they are not a fullproof system against scamming.

- Start SMALL - Don't make a big trade and send off a bunch of valuable stuff if you are not certain that your trading partner can be trusted! If you are unsure, keep the value of your trade low so that if you are scammed, you won't lose out too much.

- Be active on the forums - the absolute best way to make sure that you don't get scammed is to trade with people you know or people that are well known. If you are active on the forums, you will not only get to know people better and figure out who you can trade with, but people will be more willing to trade with you. You will learn that somebody who has been here for a while and has made a home here is very unlikely to scam on somebody. It simply isn't worth it. If you are new, look for trading partners with a high post count. Don't be fooled by a member that joined a long time ago but hasn't posted too much. This kind of member shows that they don't have much invested here. In our most recent dilemma, the suspected scammer joined 2 years ago but only made about 125 posts in that time.. that wouldn't make me think they have much to lose by scamming people.

- Don't be afraid to ask - If you are making a trade with somebody you don't know very well, don't be afraid to ask questions. Ask for pictures of the items they say they are going to send you, ask for a tracking number, ask for references of who they have made trades with, ask other members that have been here for a while if they know this person, ask them to send first.. whatever... don't get scammed because you are embarassed, shy, or worried about hurting somebody's feelings.

But again.. the bottom line is there is no sure fire way to make sure you don't get scammed.. (well, I mean I would never get scammed because I always ask people to send first, cuz if you don't trust me, you don't belong here, lol)... be careful, be vigilante, and remember that you are taking a risk when you trade... and as I said before, it has been pointed out that WE CANNOT and WILL NOT help you in any way. Sorry

if anybody else has any helpful tips, please post them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us