Can Build A figures from the ML line be dissassembled?

norinradd

Hey all.

I just got an Arnim Zola Red Skull variant figure and an Arnim Zola torso. I would like to remove the arms, head, and legs of the variant and add them to the Arnim Zola figure instead. Can this be done? I have attempted to pull and soak in hot water then pull, but am afraid to break this. Can the torso be cracked and the pieces removed (is this necessary?). Please help me out and let me know if I am missing something here?

UgghhhhhhThanks darkmanx845. I was thinking of taking the red skull piece apart until I could free up the rest of the pieces, but then I realized I might just try to scan print and recreate the two faces as stickers; cut a sturdy piece of paper such as oaktag; and cut the stickers to size; then cut them; stick on either side of the paper and have it reversible to the chest plate. Only issue know is that the redskull sticker peeled a bit.

Anyone know where to get a good scan of the faces?

Actually, I just made it work:

1.) Remove the head

2.) Blow dryer on hot onto the leg; pry it free with a flat head screwdriver x2

3.) wrap a sock around the torso; place in a vice and tighten; wait for slight cracking sound (it will not crack all the way like the joe figures used to)

4.) pry open with flat head screwdriver

5.) the arms are stuck in purple plastic locks; but not a problem; heat with the blow dryer and then use the screw driver to pry two of the lock tabs out while soft; remove the arm pegs and it is free.

I may still try to make a reversible chest piece with both faces (when i find the time).

Thanks again,

Brian