X men Wave Phoenix Variant??

Porter2006

I would assume its a scam or something. I imagine Hasbro would have said something or shown these at comic con if it was legit. If they show up in the wild more like this then I would take it more seriously. There are people out there that are good at removing things from the package and swapping figures or in this case maybe the head and then putting it back in with it looking like its never been opened. Tarot or one of the others may know more about this. But I assume its a fake.

it's the Sharon Carter head painted red.

I'll never get people. The effort to paint it red, return it.... just seems like a hassle. Then again people that do these kinds of swaps have to be morons, so logic and reason over saving a few bucks can be tossed out the window.

Yeah that's a lot of effort, even the eyes and skin tone are different than the original Sharon Carter head.

Lol. I must say that head actually looks better than the production version but it's 100% fake. The easiest way to tell a fake is by the vacuum sealed plastic holding it in place. In the picture the seal was clearly made for the original head. If it was a legit variant it would have at least had specific seal. It's the same thing you see when people swap parts from a figure and then return it to the store. It's pretty easy to reseal the current ML packaging and making it look unopened. If you're careful all it takes is a piece of tape.

Looks to me like someone didn't like the jean facesculpt but loved the hairpiece, to me it looks like the hair is a seperate piece on my figure, the biggest clue is looking at the right side of her head. If I had to guess it looks like someone popped the hairpiece off, threw in a ponytail (that doesn't look like it matches head color anyway) and called it a day. Don't get fooled into calling it a variant, this is the only one you or anyone so far has seen like that.