Some dirty business at Walmart today

Marconius17

What you have done is flat out wrong. Also the computer at that Walmart wont be ordering anymore legends figs because it still thinks that they still have them since they were never sold. So not only did you steal but you screwed the other people who would potentially want to purchase figures in the future. This is ine of the biggest problems why certain retailers don't reorder product because their on hands are in correct.

You're right.

That is going to screw other people over they are not going to order them again.

:) Damn Emoticons.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, this thread is still going on! For the record he didn't do it himself. As far as his rebuttals regarding himself and his friend :spidey_read_thread:

Ha when you say he took no part but stated in his own words that he paid for his stuff at the Jewlrey register? Uh Yeah he took part in this scam and let me tell you why: If he went with his friend to walmart then why wouldnt he pay and leave with his friend? If He would have went through the same register the register would of rang up at $16. something Each, and then his frieand would of came up right behined him with the same shyt for $5.00. I mean come on he played his part, and condoned it.

I do get what you're saying Mike, I'm not happy about being involved with what happened. I didn't know about barcode switching before that morning and since my initial post I have taken some of the advice on here and phoned that particular stores customer service dept. If you didn't know about it either then I'm glad my post garnered so much heat cause maybe people on here can urge walmart employees to check what they're scannning and prevent this particular problem all together. I remember buying 5 figures from the kilowog wave without BAF parts and teaching the baf concept to the ladies at customer service when I returned the figures in hopes that I wouldn't find anymore incomplete figures on the pegs. I really do regret not doing more when I could have but I was honestly scared and didn't wanna get in trouble (paying with the guy and having our figures ring up differently would have equaled trouble.) Guys believe me when I say that I have nothing but love for this toy line and don't wanna see it disappear again, If something similar ever happens again, I promise that I'll so my best to prevent it.

don't worry so much Marconius about what people say here. People LOVE to be over-judgmental on the internet and say what they would have done and whatever.

If I were in your shoes, I probably would have done the same thing. I would have said to him, "you shouldn't do that, your crazy"... and then I would have walked away from him and paid somewhere else just like you did.

I mean is anybody here really going to have a standoff with their friend over this in the middle of a store? NO. Is anybody really going to threaten to turn him in or whatever? hell no.

people like to where capes when they are behind a computer screen dude.

where does right starts and wrong ends? i must say i loved this thread. it was like we were all part of the csi, lol. i dont believe there was much heat around here just how most see things. clam is right that me included, i would have done the same but i would have told even if it would be my best friend that he has to stop when i am around. he can do it on his own. i wouldnt have called someone on him. at leats you called the store i wouldnt even have done that. i wasnt a nice guy either in my youth but i learned very quick thats not the way to go and i changed fast in my life. i hope your friend will see it one time to before it is to late :-)

wow, this thread is still going on! For the record he didn't do it himself. As far as his rebuttals regarding himself and his friend :spidey_read_thread:

Ha when you say he took no part but stated in his own words that he paid for his stuff at the Jewlrey register? Uh Yeah he took part in this scam and let me tell you why: If he went with his friend to walmart then why wouldnt he pay and leave with his friend? If He would have went through the same register the register would of rang up at $16. something Each, and then his frieand would of came up right behined him with the same shyt for $5.00. I mean come on he played his part, and condoned it.

I don't think he was trying to help his friend steal the stuff. He prob just wanted to put distance between him and his friend so he doesn't get caught up in the scam. Besides his friend wouldn't have went in the same line at the same registry as him anyways because he'd know they'd rang up different. Besides if the dude was part of the scam as you said then he wouldn't have paid the full price for them and he'd done the exact same thing.

Marconius17, dude I'd done the same thing as you. I would tell my friend never to do that with me again though or else.

Not being judgmental, but if I were witness to this at Wal-Mart, I would have personally locked both you and your friend up. You could have explained yourself at the local precinct. Maybe your friend would have taken all the heat, maybe not. I am a federal agent and I have seen shady crap going on both on and off duty and have locked people up for some of these things.

At the very least both you and your friend would have been embarrassed, kicked out of the store and probably banned.

My initial post was purely narrative. I wasn't looking for any high fives and simply wanted to garner some opinions over something I had mixed feeling about. I spent 50.44 on 3 figures yesterday morning and he ended up paying a little over 30 for 6 figures. This guy is a really close friend of mine and I'm not about to argue with him over his personal decisions but at the same time I was a little annoyed at ultimately paying about 250 to make two arnim zolas in between target and walmart and looking at his receipt after we left the store. Don't assume I'm this nefarious character, I really support hasbro and happily buy up their legends but seeing him pay what he paid truthfully made me pretty jealous. I guess I just put it on here to see what other people thought about it and I'm pleased at the mixed reaction it got cause honestly I'm on both sides of the issue.

Hope you don't have anything in your house that he likes. Or maybe he's a friend you don't let in your house?

^^Srsly two....And the dept manger everyday counts outs and adjusts the on hands. Most likely next day they would enter 0 and more would be ordered. So people stop saying were screwing Hasbro. They already got paid. And collectors will get more in a week. Only person that loses is walmart and the idiot if he gets caught Now this can die already.

Not being judgmental, but if I were witness to this at Wal-Mart, I would have personally locked both you and your friend up. You could have explained yourself at the local precinct. Maybe your friend would have taken all the heat, maybe not. I am a federal agent and I have seen shady crap going on both on and off duty and have locked people up for some of these things.

At the very least both you and your friend would have been embarrassed, kicked out of the store and probably banned.

Seriously? This needed posted after everything that was said.

Federal Agent arresting price tag exchangers? Sure.

i cannot believe people on here are bashing this guy for this. hasbro has already been paid by walmart before the figures were in the store. sure he got them by switching prices which is wrong but after all what walmart as well as other stores do with the ridiculous markups they charge us is just as wrong. if you want to treat this guy like a criminal why not treat the retail stores the same way. they steal from us by charging ridiculously high prices and some people do the same by switching the prices to something more reasonable. just bury this thread already because everyone has done this or something similair in their lives.