Not great, not great.....

Darth Vehmic

Now that I've seen the Iron Man movie, I'm looking at my Mark 3 figure and I realized that although it's a nice figure, it just doesn't do justice to what was shown on screen. When I first bought the figure, I thought of it as being unbelievably awesome, but now not as much. This is not a Hasbro bashing thread, but I know how incredible the suit is in the movie and I feel that the figure could have been designed as a better representation of the movie suit. Anyway, it was an awesome movie, truly perfect, although it did start out kinda slow.

I'd like to see the next wave of Iron Man movie figures have BAF parts to make a properly sized Iron Monger. He's much bigger in the movie than the action figure is, it'd be an awesome figure., can't deny that.

i thought the ironmonger figure was pritty big but cool idea, :), i would like to see a warmachine available to everyone.

I really don't mind the movie figure. If they were to add all the stuff that was his armor in the movie it would have gotten into action features and that could have changed the quality of what we have now. When you think about it the Toybiz ones really don't do Iron Man Justice either, they have the exterior look down but thats about it. They don't have all of his action either. As far as it looking very close to the armor in the movie it gets a thumbs up.

I picked up a Mk. 3 Iron Man over the weekend, and as soon as it was out of the package, the shoulder pads popped off and would not stay on. When I went to move the head, the whole head and half the neck snapped off! This is only the 2nd ML figure that has done this to me...the first being WM Thor who's head wasn't even glued on to the body. IN IM's case, it looks like the head was glued in place, but the plastic neck wasn't strong enough to take the strain...

the shoulder pad are there in the movie for decoration but when you put them on a figure they hinder the arm. it seem hasbro tried to make it easier to make by making it loose. but it nothing to complain about.

The head thing though is a one in a million thing.

I love the movie figures, but I see your point. Once I watched the movie, it really blew the figures away! Especially the MK II figure; I loved the silver bolted look in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I like the toy's silver and dark grey, but, I think the silver would have been more striking, especially if they had added the bolts!

Nonetheless, I'm still buying every freakin' repaint that comes out. I'm a tool.

i had in a way the same reaction when i saw the armor in theaters for the first time. i said to me wow he looks so amazing and i thought that the figure doesnt represented that. i also love the figure but it is not good compared to the movie. specialy the mk2 type. in the movie he has all those screws around the armor and hasbro just did a repaint of mk3. this is someyhing i so loved about toybiz. the passion for the details. look at smc scorpion. he has all those little points in his costume. he is one of my favorite figures ever.

As far as it looking very close to the armor in the movie it gets a thumbs up.

I said it from day one, the figure lacks bulk and musculature. He's as skinny as C-3PO. Stand him next to Dr. Doom and he's a wee li'l lad. They could've upscaled him a bit to be as tall as the WM Thor figure because the armor's supposed to add more than a couple of inches to his height. He's even skinnier than Spidey, and Peter Parker doesn't even wear armor !! Captain America makes him look pathetic and I can't say much else, but he looks in scale to the smaller DC Universe figures like Superman and Batman.

As far as it looking very close to the armor in the movie it gets a thumbs up.

I said it from day one, the figure lacks bulk and musculature. He's as skinny as C-3PO. Stand him next to Dr. Doom and he's a wee li'l lad. They could've upscaled him a bit to be as tall as the WM Thor figure because the armor's supposed to add more than a couple of inches to his height. He's even skinnier than Spidey, and Peter Parker doesn't even wear armor !! Captain America makes him look pathetic and I can't say much else, but he looks in scale to the smaller DC Universe figures like Superman and Batman.

Exactly. The entire line of figures is too small, I think I may have to substitute the movie version with my Modern armor or series 1 Iron Man figure.

I really like these figures....but im the type of person who will actually play with my toys every once in a while.....an my only grudge with these action figures is the articulation in the legs......its got like this swiveling thing going on.....the spiderman 3 line venom had it also(but i think i speak for all of us when i say those figures sucked a real big ill let you end that)an it really annoys me sometimes.....if hasbro fixes that. I think these would be in my opinion some of the best marvel toys in a while. PLEASE HASBRO FIX THE SWIVELING LEG THINGY ON IRONMAN!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...