Official Hascon 2017 Discussion

tarot

Does that Klaw figure just have a swivel waist with no torso aritculation? If so, disappointing.

It's difficult to tell from the one closeup. The ab crunch may be hidden within those ab lines. The figure does have butterfly joints so I find it difficult to believe in this era of Legends, it would come sans ab crunch, but we've been disappointed before. Guess we'll see.

Does that Klaw figure just have a swivel waist with no torso aritculation? If so, disappointing.

It's difficult to tell from the one closeup. The ab crunch may be hidden within those ab lines. The figure does have butterfly joints so I find it difficult to believe in this era of Legends, it would come sans ab crunch, but we've been disappointed before. Guess we'll see.
I've seen someone mention that it looks like the ANAD Spider-Man 2099 mold.

I've seen someone mention that it looks like the ANAD Spider-Man 2099 mold.

it is. Either that or Pizza spidey. both which have a ab crunch.

I'm really happy with everything Hasbro revealed at HasCon, will be waiting for NYCC for more X-Men reveals, I hope they include a villain in the wave and Nightcrawler! Wolverine looks awesome, so does Psylocke. Was not expecting that version of Storm, but it's really cool, now we can have the Leadership duel against Cyclops on our displays.

For the BAF, I was hoping for another one instead of Sasquatch for the Deadpool wave, but it still looks great, maybe that mold could give us a new Jim Lee Beast in the future. Apocalypse looks really cool!! Can't wait to see the rest of the Avengers wave.

I have the Hyrdra, AIM and Hand at this point. I'd like the Hellfire goons. That group has not gotten any ML love. I guess the costumes are too complicated for Hasbro.

really? put them on a medium build (UK? maybe). don't even have to add any new feature except the head. throw in a female version and your sorted.

Klaw is definitely ANAD Spidey 2099 body mold so it will most assuredly have ab crunch & waist swivel. Shuri is Hellcat with White Tiger's head.

As far as what two packs we'd like to see. Were they asking as far as army builders or just any figures? Cuz honestly I could give a rat's hind quarters about most army builders. I'd rather see two packs of stuff like Aurora & Northstar or Cloak & Dagger (assuming the mystery Spider-Man wave listing is a fake) or black Daredevil & Echo or even Scarlet Witch (where she doesn't scale out to be 6'6") & Quicksilver (whose been badly in need of an update for a long time now). It might just be me but I think I'd rather see actual characters than random Red Shirts (for all you Star Trek fans). It's different if you could actually put faces to the characters such as DumDum & Nick Fury, Jr. or Maria Hill & Sharon Carter so I guess if there's any army builder I wanna see at this point I'd have to say a Male/Female SHIELD agent set.

Klaw is definitely ANAD Spidey 2099 body mold so it will most assuredly have ab crunch & waist swivel. Shuri is Hellcat with White Tiger's head.

As far as what two packs we'd like to see. Were they asking as far as army builders or just any figures? Cuz honestly I could give a rat's hind quarters about most army builders. I'd rather see two packs of stuff like Aurora & Northstar or Cloak & Dagger (assuming the mystery Spider-Man wave listing is a fake) or black Daredevil & Echo or even Scarlet Witch (where she doesn't scale out to be 6'6") & Quicksilver (whose been badly in need of an update for a long time now). It might just be me but I think I'd rather see actual characters than random Red Shirts (for all you Star Trek fans). It's different if you could actually put faces to the characters such as DumDum & Nick Fury, Jr. or Maria Hill & Sharon Carter so I guess if there's any army builder I wanna see at this point I'd have to say a Male/Female SHIELD agent set.

I'm diggin' all your 2-pack suggestions. Wouldn't it be something if Cloak & Dagger as well as Black Daredevil (I love this costume) came out in the next Spidey wave?

I didn't know any of that lol. I just actually started reading comics a few years ago so I don't have all the history of these kinds of things. I tend to think people on both sides have their fair points. I'm very go with the flow so whatever changes are made, they're made so I move on. Don't really care about the reason. That is also attributed to the fact that I haven't been a long time reader of the comics though.

The basic jist is: character redesigns happen (very often, actually), comic sales have mostly been trending down and Marvel worked to expand interest in its comic universe by creating more diverse characters and trying new things with older ones. Some succeeded, some failed, and now they're folding their successes back into a revitalized main line. How this all pans out remains to be seen. Regardless, if they don't try new things, they stagnate and die. I certainly don't love every idea they've had but am relieved they continue to look for new approaches to storytelling to keep things fresh and attract new readers so that this art form can survive.

Also, and on a more basic level, when you look at all the different costumes and variants that so many of these characters have had over the years, her costume had remained basically unchanged FOR 40 YEARS. Like it or not, a revamp was long overdue. And if enough people don't like it, they'll change it back. I, for one, only cherry pick the 6" line but will be quite happy owning one of each costume.

I didn't know any of that lol. I just actually started reading comics a few years ago so I don't have all the history of these kinds of things. I tend to think people on both sides have their fair points. I'm very go with the flow so whatever changes are made, they're made so I move on. Don't really care about the reason. That is also attributed to the fact that I haven't been a long time reader of the comics though.

The basic jist is: character redesigns happen (very often, actually), comic sales have mostly been trending down and Marvel worked to expand interest in its comic universe by creating more diverse characters and trying new things with older ones. Some succeeded, some failed, and now they're folding their successes back into a revitalized main line. How this all pans out remains to be seen. Regardless, if they don't try new things, they stagnate and die. I certainly don't love every idea they've had but am relieved they continue to look for new approaches to storytelling to keep things fresh and attract new readers so that this art form can survive.

Also, and on a more basic level, when you look at all the different costumes and variants that so many of these characters have had over the years, her costume had remained basically unchanged FOR 40 YEARS. Like it or not, a revamp was long overdue. And if enough people don't like it, they'll change it back. I, for one, only cherry pick the 6" line but will be quite happy owning one of each costume.

completely agree with you