Deadpool Wave Speculation

Malocchio

Since there have been numerous rumors about a coming Deadpool wave, how about some guesses or hopes for what might be in it? I've been reading Deadpool since his first appearance so some throwback characters would be awesome. Here's my idea...

1. Black Tom

2. T-Ray

3. Shiklah

4. Siryn

5. Copycat

6. Typhoid Mary

7. Warpath

8. Domino

BAF: Slayback

Some others that I'd really like to see as well...

Feral

Ajax

Cannonball

Sabretooth

Although Hasbro likes their fair share of obscure characters, I think even they may find most of these too far out there. I can see Domino and maybe Cannonball, but otherwise peg warmer city.

Deadpool can be a quasi-X-men wave so what about: Omega Red, Sentinal BaF, Prof X? Now that would be something I could get into.

I think if a Deadpool based wave does become a reality, I'd be shocked if Hasbro doesn't cash in on the reusabilty of the molds and just give us all of the mercs for money gang. Having said that, there's only one figure that I would want more than any other (not that I don't want MORE Udon figs) and that figure is Agent X. Period.

Deadpool (90's gear w/ Headpool)

Cable ( 90's gear)

Domino

Lady Deadpool w/ Squirrelpool

Kidpool w/ Dogpool

Hydra Bob

Cannonball

BAF: CHAMPIONPOOL

Kidpool, Championpool, Squirrelpool, Deadpool, Lady Deadpool and Dogpool have all been released in 3.75 back at 2013 SDCC, Time to give us the Deadpool Corps in Marvel Legends form. There is something for everyone in this lineup, you 90's cable, Domino and Cannonball three super important X-Force characters, you get the Deadpool Corps and what Deadpool fan doesn't love Hydra Bob.

Personally, I would like to see.....

1. Gwen-Pool

2. Madcap

3. Xforce or Xmen Deadpool.

4. Domino

5. Taskmaster (classic)

6. Cable (he has so many different looks, would lave a head sculpt with a beard)

7. Lady Deadpool

BAF Cannonball with (blasting?) bottom half.

I don't think there will be a Deadpool wave this year. And if they do one next year, it'll tie in with the film, so I'd say:

-Deadpool (movie version) Accessories: twin uzi, Swords, Ryan Reynolds/Wade head.
-Cable (movie version) Accessories: Machine gun
-Domino (movie version): Accessories: Twin handguns, sniper rifle
-Lady Deadpool (same accessories as Juggernaut BAF Wave Deadpool, but different colors)
Variant of Lady Deadpool: Gwen Pool
Variant of Domino: Mystique
-[Whomever the villain is. I'd like to see a movie take on Arcade or Mojo]
BAF: Spiral

I chose those characters because Hasbro seems to want to promote current characters foremost, but if there's nothing current in the movies or comics, then they go for classics. We do not have a recent Mystique or Spiral, so they'd need to update those classic characters and they have nothing to represent the more modern characters like Gwenpool, Lady Deadpool or the movie versions.

I see a lot of your plan as not happening.

1. I doubt we'll get movie versions of ANY X-characters while Fox is still in the mix with X-movies. Don't ask me why, but that's been the name of the game since X3.

2. You named a 7 figure wave with a BAF, and FOUR of those seven (not counting unidentified villain) are female. DOUBT THAT in the most fundamental way.

3. The BAF is ALSO female, making that FIVE out of EIGHT releases being female. Not in this 616 universe, if I've ever seen it.

I'd buy every single character on your list. But they'd never be released that way.

I see a lot of your plan as not happening.

1. I doubt we'll get movie versions of ANY X-characters while Fox is still in the mix with X-movies. Don't ask me why, but that's been the name of the game since X3.

2. You named a 7 figure wave with a BAF, and FOUR of those seven (not counting unidentified villain) are female. DOUBT THAT in the most fundamental way.

3. The BAF is ALSO female, making that FIVE out of EIGHT releases being female. Not in this 616 universe, if I've ever seen it.

I'd buy every single character on your list. But they'd never be released that way.

1. Since X3, have there been any figure releases alongside the movies? I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm really asking. I don't think First Class, DOFP or any of the other films had figures made in the 6 inch figure scale.

2. Like the all female Toys'r'us box set?

3. Never say never. Hasbro has shown that they're nothing if not surprising. And collectors have shown that the stupid misogynistic rules of yesteryear have nothing to do with what we will pay. I think of the top five most expensive second-market Hasbro Legends, at least 3 are female.

@Teddolchiban

Are you new to the boards? I only ask as I don't recall seeing your handle before but then again, I haven't been on these boards very long myself (I'm new to the Internet) but if you are new, welcome!

Also, may I ask if you are new to collecting Legends? Again I only ask as your sheer optimism is almost startling lol.

Unfortunately, DSmith pretty much hit the nail on the head with his response but I'd like to elaborate even further if I may:

There's an embargo on Marvel merch across the board (not ALL companies but most) from companies like Hasbro, Diamond Select and many, many others, when it comes to releasing figures that either resemble their Fox movie onscreen costume, likeness to the actor, or just anything in between regarding their film counterparts. This is an "unofficial" directive from the top dogs at Disney. Disney is in an eternal pissing contest with Fox on trying to re-acquire the rights back to the Marvel IPs Fox owns. While this is happening (and it's been happening for quite some time) their is a tactical embargo placed on releasing figures/lines/waves that directly tie into any Fox movie in ANY way.

This is Disney's way of strangling" and cutting off any proceeds Fox could reap from movie tie-in merch (which as we all know, movie tie-in merch is a time tested recipe) in an attempt to undermine their financial bottom line. The fact of the matter is this; if Hasbro (just them for example) released a figure that is based off of Fox's movie, Fox would actually receive a small stipend or dividend if you will, of said sales of movie figures/merch. In short, to "flex their muscle", Disney will not stand for it.

Again, as DSmith said, the chances of a wave being released and containing more females than males is simply unrealistic. Could it happen? Sure-never say never right, but the fact remains, there is simply ZERO precedent for it. This precedent holds true since the inception of Marvel Legends but to speak more recently, we can use the "true" return of marvel legends (2014s Infinite Series) as an example: Since 2014, Hasbro has released 22 BAF Series (24 waves in total) and that's not including the Knights wave which has two confirmed females and the Ragnarok wave of which the only confirmed figure is a female. Point here being none of them feature more females than males.

In fact, while it is rare, there are waves that contain zero females altogether. The Giant Man Wave featured 0 females and the upcoming Spiderman Wave 8 (Vulture Flight Pack Series) also has 0 females in it. Your comment about the upcoming A-Force TRU box set is not exactly relevant as, by inherent design, exclusives are meant to be thought of as an "outside the box" release and at the least, represent a release that the company (Hasbro in this case) feels simply has no place in a "traditional" annual wave roster/assortment. Also and unrelated, that A-Force set is just INCREDIBLE imo and for me personally, I believe that is the BEST ML box set ever to be released. That's not me being a fan of the A-Force comics and it's certainly not because im a feminist, it's because that 6 figure sets are an extremely rare type of release and the fact that 5 of the 6 characters comprising that set have never been released in ML form is just damn awesome!

The fact that a wave will most likely never contain more females than males is also not Disney or Hasbro being misogynistic and actually, it's quite the opposite. Do you think it's a coincidence that the return of Star Wars movies (using the last two movies as that example of course-TFA & RO) have BOTH had their primary hero leads played by females? Trust me man, no one is spending as much careful consideration on gender equality as Disney is.

The fact that we always have more males than females in a wave is simply due to male superheroes outnumber female superheroes by a drastic margin. To be honest, no one should be surprised by this ratio as women weren't even allowed to VOTE until 1920...133 disturbing years after the constitution was written mind you...and since Marvel was founded in 1939, (albeit most of the origins to all of the characters we know and love didn't come into play until the 50s & 60s) you can bet your behind that "women superheroes" weren't on their agenda sort of speak. Nowadays though...QUITE the opposite lol.

By the way, my name is Cobra and I write overly long-winded posts that put most people to sleep...nice to meet you!

Thanks Cobra! You said it better, and probably longer, than I could have!

And to reiterate, I would BUY every character listed, and agree they should be made, but it's a throwaway wish to think they'd all come out in the same wave.

Of the Deadpoolverse, I would assume that Lady Deadpool and Gwenpool would be the top priorities for release, and if we get two women in one wave, I'd expect them. But you would have to wait for a second wave or a different line to get Mystique... Domino... Spiral...

A-Force is a boxed set I'm THRILLED about and I'm always about more female legends. But it's also based on a comic book with an all-female cast, so it's a Store Exclusive boxed set built around an all-female concept, which lends itself to an all-female figure set that is produced in lower quantities because it's not a mass market release. That's how Hasbro would release something female-heavy. It's the only way they have so far.