Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

2017 Toyfair Speculation

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:07 PM

I was hoping for something exciting like Jim Lee style Jubilee or classic Thunderbird or a Tiger Stripe Wolverine.

#27 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:17 PM

They love those shitty repacks of stuff we LITERALLY just got over and over the last couple years.

They love half assing our scale like it's a art form.

#28 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:22 PM

I was hoping for something exciting like Jim Lee style Jubilee or classic Thunderbird or a Tiger Stripe Wolverine.

Wait for them to say something like "If the Sinister Six and Guardians packs are a success, we'll release 90s X-Men and Classic Fantastic Four"

And then when they fail, that dies too. Just a reminder that we still don't have Skurge.

#29 dragonkings

dragonkings

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

Btw- they love that #$@# Spiderman Buck don't they?

And I wanted that Skurge and Foom we were promised...

#30 Hulkwummy

Hulkwummy

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:54 AM

Wait for them to say something like "If the Sinister Six and Guardians packs are a success, we'll release 90s X-Men and Classic Fantastic Four"

And then when they fail, that dies too. Just a reminder that we still don't have Skurge.

I was taking about the three X-Men Characters in the 6 inch line.

#31 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:39 AM

Meanwhile, 6" gets an A Force set that's basically 7 all new characters...

#32 Eagle16

Eagle16

Mouser

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:37 AM

Well, that's crap. On the bright side I'm saving lots of money cause I'm not buying any of their lazy repacked crap. Seriously, how hard is it to give us some new characters?

#33 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

That sif figure looks awesome! Pangs of jealousy are ripping through my heart!

#34 Eagle16

Eagle16

Mouser

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

Just watched the interview video. Can they look more annoyed when asked about 3.75" figures? And did I hear right that this is all the figures we're getting for 2017? If so, that's sad.

#35 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

If be ok with the amount of product if it wasn't 50% repacks/repaints.

#36 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 02:49 PM

Just watched the interview video. Can they look more annoyed when asked about 3.75" figures? And did I hear right that this is all the figures we're getting for 2017? If so, that's sad.

What interview video?  The livestream thing?  I didn't hear questions in that.

#37 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

Nevermind - I found it.  They seemed uncomfortable talking about the 3.75" scale at all, and once again Stall himself said very little about it, deferring to someone else on the team.  And, yep, that is it for the year. Two waves and movie 2-packs.

#38 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

Did they give a time scale of wen the new figures will be coming out? I would like to get the new box sets. I have all those figures but having the guardians all in one box would be cool the same for the six. I don't collect movie figures but they do look really good.

#39 feihong

feihong

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,741 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:47 PM

Nevermind - I found it.  They seemed uncomfortable talking about the 3.75" scale at all, and once again Stall himself said very little about it, deferring to someone else on the team.  And, yep, that is it for the year. Two waves and movie 2-packs.

The fact that Bobby Valla wasn't event at the event was probably a good indicator of how important they think the 3.75" scale is. They couldn't have murmured "this is all for 2017" any quieter than they did, I think. How miserable. They're cutting production of our scale in half, basically. Or more than that? I think the Magneto-Jewel-Cap wave is only 3 figures, right? It sounds like they confirmed that.

#40 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

Looks like they added 2099 to that wave.

#41 jabalong

jabalong

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:45 AM

They couldn't have murmured "this is all for 2017" any quieter than they did, I think. How miserable. 

The sooner Hasbro just pulls the plug entirely on Marvel 3.75" the better.

This limping along with half-ass product in ever-shrinking quantities isn't making anyone happy.

Putting our scale on ice would allow everyone to draw a line under this, hopefully throw away these lousy bucks and just let the ground lay fallow for a while.

Then at some point down the road, hopefully spurred on by all the great things happening with high-end 3.75" toylines, Hasbro might take a new, fresh look at the scale.

It worked for 6" Legends, so why not our scale too. It's the only answer. What's passing for a toyline these last couple of years is embarrassing.

In the meantime, I'll happily continue to enjoy my 400+ MU figures on display. But I'm not adding any of this crap to it. I've voted with my wallet and moved on.

#42 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

@Yodaminch

You passed on the comic pack? I only ask because I'm genuinely curious if you actually saw Wave 3 of the comic packs in the store. To this day, that wave is one of only a small handfuls of waves/figures that I have NEVER seen in stores-6in & 3.75in alike lol

#43 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

@Yodaminch

You passed on the comic pack? I only ask because I'm genuinely curious if you actually saw Wave 3 of the comic packs in the store. To this day, that wave is one of only a small handfuls of waves/figures that I have NEVER seen in stores-6in & 3.75in alike lol

Should have been more clear. I chose not to buy it online despite the fact it's still on HTS.

#44 stitch13

stitch13

Leatherhead

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

Watched that video and my god...that look on Dwight's face when someone asks about 3.75". You can actually see happiness drain out of his face. It would be nice if for just one con or Toy Fair we could get every single person to ask about 3.75" instead of 6". Just once to troll Dwight...

#45 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Is there anythings in Shartimus' video? I normally can't watch those without gag reflex making me stop.

#46 CobraSaboteur87

CobraSaboteur87

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:03 PM

LOL Shart's performance at this con easily falls into the standard gag flex territory as usual

#47 Dodge76

Dodge76

Romulan

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:00 AM

Looks like they could just do a voting poll for what characters we want and they could do a classic Vonner style treatment and give us a killer wave. Just do one wave for a year. Or just make a team like,

X-Men Gold 90's with cool looking art on the box.

Sinister Six with a better Doc Ock and Vulture.

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

90's X-Force.

Release it through Hasbro Toy Shop and comic shops. Maybe even through Toys R Us.

#48 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

Yer that would be cool. An Asgard wave would be awesome. I'm gutted the 6inch line got a Sif!

#49 stitch13

stitch13

Leatherhead

• Members
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:18 AM

Someone on another site posted a pic of Hasbro's display case that shows gold Ultron behind Jessica Jones. If we're still getting him there is a chance (however tiny) that we could still get Skurge. Not getting my hopes up though.

#50 Dracos

Dracos

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

Ultron was probably just on hand when they grabbed the stuff from the office, and it was probably just a mistake.  That would not surprise me in the least.

Well, I didn't expect much, and Hasbro really delivered on that hope. /heavy sarcasm/

Honestly, I found last year such a disappointment that I am not even that affected by their plans to shut things down, or strangle the line down to a trickle of releases, which is pretty much the same thing.  I mean the team really did such a crap job on Quasar, a figure that was on my "most wanted" list, that I don't have any faith in them any more.  I badly need the rest of Alpha Flight, the New Mutants, Dazzler, Man-thing and Hellcat (to finish off the core Defenders -- though I really want Gargoyle, Devil-Slayer, and Moondragon too) to "finish" my Marvel collection.  The list of villains I "need" is even longer.

Shame on them for ending the line like this!!  I mean, really, at least give us the Executioner, Dazzler, and round out a few teams if you're going to end it, Hasbro.  I'm sure at least there are some folks super excited to get Jessica before the line ends.  But for me, with the exception of Shocker, I could not care less for any of the remaining figures. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us