Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Deadpool comic question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

Ok, this has nothing to do with toys, but it has been really quiet around here and I have nobody else to turn to.

I'm just finishing the Dugan and Poshn run on Deadpool. I read the wedding issue, but I can't identify the couple in the photo booth snapshots on the right page (basically the last ones shown). Can someone please help?

Sorry for the digression. We can all get back to having nothing to talk about when this gets resolved.

#2 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

This is the 2 page scene with everyone dancing near the tables and the bottom halves of the pages have the snapshots right? If so, I honestly have no idea.

#3 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

That's the one.

Might it be part of the creative team? That's all I can think of. They look like no famous Marvel characters I can identify.

#4 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

That's the one.

Might it be part of the creative team? That's all I can think of. They look like no famous Marvel characters I can identify.

They really look like they mob bosses don't they? My first thought was that two of the Punisher's baddies were crashing the wedding. I'm not super familiar with Deadpool's supporting cast so hopefully someone else on here is and can help.

#5 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

My guess is a nod to Deadpool's Thunderbolts run and its Punisher and Elektra. I didn't recognize them as anyone else significant in Pools history.

#6 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:23 AM

(Punisher and Elektra were a couple in that series)

#7 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

(Punisher and Elektra were a couple in that series)

Don't remind me :blush:  It feels very wrong to give Frank a love interest. Never been a fan of that.

I hadn't thought of them though. It's probably them, but the artist really dropped the ball here. Elektra looks old and Frank's face is too square.

#8 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

I'm going to go with that explanation just so that I can stop worrying about it.

You are right, Stitch. There should be no love interests in the Punisher's life. Only vengeance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us