Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Hilarious pick up story. So the Guardians vol 2 wave has been hitting my local Targets but I've been finding Angela has been rather elusive, and likely the most sought after figure of the wave, probably because she's half naked.

Well tonight, I stop by the last Target store that had yet to put up the Guardians endcap display. Low and behold, there it is and it looks freshly stocked. I quickly rifle through the pegs, Darkhawk, Rocket ok ok, both Starlords, both Drax, but dang it no Angela. I look to my left and notice a guy with Angela walking away from the toy aisle. Dang! I just missed it by minutes I think.

This guy looks mighty nervous, he even has the figure window box covered with some other random item embarrassed of the scantilly clad plastic beneath perhaps, and B-lines it to the electronics department. I think to myself, he's gonna stash, steal, or abandon ship. After several more nervous minutes I notice he whips out his phone and takes a picture of the figure. Maybe he's bragging of his score to a friend? Dejected, I chop it up to another near miss. But instead of heading to the checkout he heads back to the toy aisle, yes! He places Angela behind a few other figures and then leaves the area, yes!!

Immediately I snatch the fig, make the purchase, and head home.

All I can think is him going back two minutes later, after giving in, and finding it gone. You snooze you lose sir!

Lol, similar encounter. I went to a Target where they had just put out the GOTG wave. As I was walking up the aisle I passed a guy leaving the area. Clearly he was another collector but he didn't have anything in his hands but he was acting kinda nervous & shifty. Obviously he had just stashed something. So after looking thru the pegs where they had put out at least 2 casses, I find there was no Angela, of course. So I kinda waited for the kid to leave so I could start hunting for his treasure, but he never really did. He left the aisle for a minute or two but he kept coming by, pacing the area, just generally hanging around. This bothered me cuz I'm wondering what the hell he's doing. Either he can afford what he just stashed or he can't. Was he just gonna stand guard until some cash magically fell from the sky. So after a few minutes of this crap I start searching blatantly in his face. I mean he had no right to it than any other customer, but I had cash. It took me about 5 seconds to find his stash behind the IM/War Machine 2 packs that had been there for months. What really bugged me was not only had he stashed Angela, he had stashed 2. Typically it's not part of my own code to buy up all the HTF's but I made an exception this time cuz that's so messed up & I wanted him to see the consequences of being a stingy douche. The look on his face was priceless. Rookie. You don't stash in the same general area where the product is displayed. You go to areas where most fanboys don't go, like cleaning supply or feminine hygiene products. And most of all, don't be greedy.
Right? As an adult collector you either have money, or you shouldn't really be in the hobby if you can't afford surprise figure finds. I think with this figure in particular, there seems to be some kind of nervous embarrassment due to how revealing her attire is, which makes the faint of heart second guess a purchase. But hey Target has self checkout now! Good story!

On a side note, I briefly met Shartimusprime at a toy show in San Jose today. I know he gets a lot of flack for his supect questions to the devs, but he seemed a good dude.

Hilarious pick up story. So the Guardians vol 2 wave has been hitting my local Targets but I've been finding Angela has been rather elusive, and likely the most sought after figure of the wave, probably because she's half naked.

Well tonight, I stop by the last Target store that had yet to put up the Guardians endcap display. Low and behold, there it is and it looks freshly stocked. I quickly rifle through the pegs, Darkhawk, Rocket ok ok, both Starlords, both Drax, but dang it no Angela. I look to my left and notice a guy with Angela walking away from the toy aisle. Dang! I just missed it by minutes I think.

This guy looks mighty nervous, he even has the figure window box covered with some other random item embarrassed of the scantilly clad plastic beneath perhaps, and B-lines it to the electronics department. I think to myself, he's gonna stash, steal, or abandon ship. After several more nervous minutes I notice he whips out his phone and takes a picture of the figure. Maybe he's bragging of his score to a friend? Dejected, I chop it up to another near miss. But instead of heading to the checkout he heads back to the toy aisle, yes! He places Angela behind a few other figures and then leaves the area, yes!!

All I can think is him going back two minutes later, after giving in, and finding it gone. You snooze you lose sir!

Lol, similar encounter. I went to a Target where they had just put out the GOTG wave. As I was walking up the aisle I passed a guy leaving the area. Clearly he was another collector but he didn't have anything in his hands but he was acting kinda nervous & shifty. Obviously he had just stashed something. So after looking thru the pegs where they had put out at least 2 casses, I find there was no Angela, of course. So I kinda waited for the kid to leave so I could start hunting for his treasure, but he never really did. He left the aisle for a minute or two but he kept coming by, pacing the area, just generally hanging around. This bothered me cuz I'm wondering what the hell he's doing. Either he can afford what he just stashed or he can't. Was he just gonna stand guard until some cash magically fell from the sky. So after a few minutes of this crap I start searching blatantly in his face. I mean he had no right to it than any other customer, but I had cash. It took me about 5 seconds to find his stash behind the IM/War Machine 2 packs that had been there for months. What really bugged me was not only had he stashed Angela, he had stashed 2. Typically it's not part of my own code to buy up all the HTF's but I made an exception this time cuz that's so messed up & I wanted him to see the consequences of being a stingy douche. The look on his face was priceless. Rookie. You don't stash in the same general area where the product is displayed. You go to areas where most fanboys don't go, like cleaning supply or feminine hygiene products. And most of all, don't be greedy.
Right? As an adult collector you either have money, or you shouldn't really be in the hobby if you can't afford surprise figure finds. I think with this figure in particular, there seems to be some kind of nervous embarrassment due to how revealing her attire is, which makes the faint of heart second guess a purchase. But hey Target has self checkout now! Good story!

On a side note, I briefly met Shartimusprime at a toy show in San Jose today. I know he gets a lot of flack for his supect questions to the devs, but he seemed a good dude.

I met him today too! Real cool dude!

It was a good day. Picked up Guardians EE box set for $55 and Dormammu BAF for $45.

It was a good day. Picked up Guardians EE box set for $55 and Dormammu BAF for $45.
Nice. I didn't get anything for me, but picked up a SDCC Katana doll for my daughter for $60

My Marvel Unlimited pack came in earlier this week, and I picked up GROOT Evolution today (I'm a completist. What can I say?). Added them to the temporary diorama.

Lol. Glad I'm not the only one. I procured mine a couple of weeks ago. I musta picked up the damn thing & put it back down a dozen times before I managed to convince myself it was different enough from the BAF and the GOTG box set one to justify purchasing, plus I was pleasantly surprised it was still only $20 for an oversized figure plus accessories. Apon opening it I was much more pleased to find it felt much sturdier than the BAF & the shading on this version is superior to the other two. Even tho he's actually an MCU figure he will be my new go to for display purposes. We've seen potted Groot a few times as well & teen Groot was okay, but it looks like we'll be getting a better version with Rocket. Overall it wasn't a bad purchase.

I went back to Target this morning and scored a Dazzler this time as well as Angela from Walmart the other night. I canceled my preorder of her. Now I just need, Cyclops, Polaris, and Colossus and I am done. I looked around to see if any were hid and nothing except for a note that read, whoever took my Angela figure, I will find you. The note was behind some Ironman and Warmachine two packs.

I went back to Target this morning and scored a Dazzler this time as well as Angela from Walmart the other night. I canceled my preorder of her. Now I just need, Cyclops, Polaris, and Colossus and I am done. I looked around to see if any were hid and nothing except for a note that read, whoever took my Angela figure, I will find you. The note was behind some Ironman and Warmachine two packs.

It's so funny, guess there has been quite a dryspell, people are so angry with these 2017 releases. It's not yours if you stashed it at the store lol.

Haven't been to any brick & mortar stores in a while but popped into a NY Target today - Looked like they just put out several cases of the GOTG wave, but ready for this? THE ORIGINAL GOTG WAVE!!! Iron Man, Nova, Rocket, Drax, Gamora, and Starlord a-plenty! And to add insult to injury, they scanned for $23.99 each.

No sign of any other ML figures.

Haven't been to any brick & mortar stores in a while but popped into a NY Target today - Looked like they just put out several cases of the GOTG wave, but ready for this? THE ORIGINAL GOTG WAVE!!! Iron Man, Nova, Rocket, Drax, Gamora, and Starlord a-plenty! And to add insult to injury, they scanned for $23.99 each.

Ya they've been rereleasing that wave from 2014.

Ya, I saw that at my local target too. Lame. Seriously, what are they thinking? I'm 100% sure they hadn't sold even one of the 2014 wave and I died a little at the sight of that Gamora figure.

Ya, I saw that at my local target too. Lame. Seriously, what are they thinking? I'm 100% sure they hadn't sold even one of the 2014 wave and I died a little at the sight of that Gamora figure.

Gamora is terrible. Why I had to get the comic box set.

It's so funny, guess there has been quite a dryspell, people are so angry with these 2017 releases. It's not yours if you stashed it at the store lol.

I agree. I was trying to be funny with the note lol. I kinda enjoy finding someone's hidden stash. I don't know why people would be embarrished about buying Angela. I grabbed her and took her to the self check out. If anyone asked I would say she is suppose to be Thor's long lost sister and thats why I wanted her.