Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

X-men Wave revealed?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Xman1990

Xman1990

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Im super happy about an Xmen wave but am waiting to see figures like Lilandra, Sauron, Shaw, Trask, Callisto, Black Tom, Moira, morph, nimrod.... make it into figures.
We really need a redo of Mystique, Emma Frost, Toad, Professor X, Mr Sinister.....
This waves BAF apocalypse looks great though along with wolverine, storm, and Psylocke.....

Some more X men Two Packs would be cool too.

#27 DSmith

DSmith

Unclassificationable :P

• Members
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

If Multiple Man is to be Included in this wave, I hope to goodness that it's in his 90's X Factor costume as seen in the 90's X-Men Cartoon.

I still think it would be cruel, neglectful, and poor planning to release this version of Multiple Man since weve gotten Havok, Polaris, and Quicksilver in much more iconic and classic costumes, NONE (except Quicksilver, though he did have a Navy with a yellow X costume during that era for a time) of which would match that version of Jamie Madrox. Just dont think it will happen. I think factoring in part reuse, it will be the Netflix Punisher trench coat on a t-shirt and jeans body. I wouldnt put it past them to use movie Star-Lord for the t-shirt, despite the weird raised parts in the shirt on the upper torso. If the parts are compatible, possibly the Bruce Banner jeans lower body. But not sure if they'd all fit together. Might get new parts. But the look I'd bank on the X-Factor Investigations version.

Of the 2 Magneto looks posted, I think they could achieve the NOW version with the Moon Knight cape, the Marvel NOW Cyclops belt, and the Bucky Cap body. With some paint detail and possibly shins or forearms overlays.

Sabretooth I would see as a Jim Lee remake (its been since ToyBiz ML 5?!) and on the Odinson body makes sense. Excited to see it. And I heard theres a minor update to the Gladiator costume that is red and black, so theyll likely do that and reuse the head sculpt.

Im pleased with the character selection and definitely excited for Multiple Man! Might need to buy 5 or 7 of them...

#28 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Im super happy about an Xmen wave but am waiting to see figures like Lilandra, Sauron, Shaw, Trask, Callisto, Black Tom, Moira, morph, nimrod.... make it into figures.
We really need a redo of Mystique, Emma Frost, Toad, Professor X, Mr Sinister.....
This waves BAF apocalypse looks great though along with wolverine, storm, and Psylocke.....

Some more X men Two Packs would be cool too.

We don't need a "redo" of Emma Frost (She was redone in that Wolverine "etailer" wave about 5 years ago and with the exception of missing her cape, it came out good), but it would be nice if we got her in her modern dark costume look. Definitely Toad either in classic or even modern look. Mr Sinister doesn't really need a redo since the Toybiz version was great, but I can see Hasbro making him just because we have new collectors. We don't need a redo of Professor X, but we could use him in his hover chair (I'd like him dressed in his tactical attire). I agree with all your suggestions of the "newbies" with the exceptions of Moira and Morph (I can't see wasting slots on civilians and non existent characters), but that's me.

#29 Xman1990

Xman1990

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

Silver samurai would be nice
And william stryker is such a big villain why not get a figure of him.
A classic mystique i think with hasbro doing better female figures now would be better than the toybiz figure.

I hope the apocalypse has interchangeable hands with saws and stuff would be ace.

#30 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

Magnet will prob be Marvel NOW, but I'm really hoping for ANAD. Sabertooth classic?

DO they have an updated trenchcoat for classic Madrox? I'd prefer X-Factor Investigations

Ya, I'm thinking Hasbro's licking their chops to show they can out do Toybiz's Classic Sabretooth, but that's gonna be a tall order, especially if they try to use the same old Hyperion buck. Probably gonna use the new Odinson buck with some glued on parts. I'm predicting a near miss, kinda like the Hobgoblin figure. As far as the trenchcoat, I think they finally got it right with the Netflix Punisher. It's a vast improvement over the Jack Skelington/Sam Jackson, Snopp Dog, sickly skinny armed trenchcoat buck they've ruined so many potentially cool figures with in the past. I'm assuming they've held out on doing Gambit so long for that same reason. I'd be happy with a NOW Magneto. The ANAD Magneto is just too far off the traditional Magneto feel for me, but I have the TRU exclusive and that will always be my go to.

Hey hey I like that Red Skull fig. Trench coat and arms are quite cumbersome though, you're right.

#31 nieman257

nieman257

Andorian

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

Magnet will prob be Marvel NOW, but I'm really hoping for ANAD. Sabertooth classic?

DO they have an updated trenchcoat for classic Madrox? I'd prefer X-Factor Investigations

Ya, I'm thinking Hasbro's licking their chops to show they can out do Toybiz's Classic Sabretooth, but that's gonna be a tall order, especially if they try to use the same old Hyperion buck. Probably gonna use the new Odinson buck with some glued on parts. I'm predicting a near miss, kinda like the Hobgoblin figure. As far as the trenchcoat, I think they finally got it right with the Netflix Punisher. It's a vast improvement over the Jack Skelington/Sam Jackson, Snopp Dog, sickly skinny armed trenchcoat buck they've ruined so many potentially cool figures with in the past. I'm assuming they've held out on doing Gambit so long for that same reason. I'd be happy with a NOW Magneto. The ANAD Magneto is just too far off the traditional Magneto feel for me, but I have the TRU exclusive and that will always be my go to.

Hey hey I like that Red Skull fig. Trench coat and arms are quite cumbersome though, you're right.

I think they could easily do Red Skull with the GR/Star-Lord/AIM Soldier buck. They already have an excellent head sculpt. They just have to add a holster, maybe an alternate head with hat. Maybe even pull out the old trench as a duster (a la Fantomex) to go over for 2 different looks.

#32 Dodge76

Dodge76

Romulan

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

This wave seems like a super let down for me. The only saving grace for it to make me want to buy the whole wave is the BAF Apocalypse. Wolverine and Psylocke are the only two I can get excited about. Mohawk Storm again makes me shake my head. Sabertooth I hope is the classic 90's version but need more info. I was hoping we might get a Gambit but they may hold off for the up coming movie that we all know thats going to suck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us