Custom Venom done in Classic Styling.

MintCondition

For more photos, check here ---> http://mintcondition.comicgenesis.com/mccustoms/venom.html

I really liked the body of the recent Mac Gargan Venom figure, but was not a fan of the head, and especially the scorpion tail. For my money, I prefer Classic Venom every time.

So for this figure, I bought a head cast from CKCastings of the Sinister Six Venom head to use. But I also included two more heads, and each of them are fully interchangeable. The first head was of course the Sinister Six Venom head that I fully painted myself. I even painted in his gums as if he's fully bearing his wicked teeth.

The second head is the Mac Gargan head with the eyes sculpted over and smoothed out to look like Classic Venom. I removed the tounge and made it to where you can have Venom with an open mouth, or with his long tongue sticking out. It fits firmly inside the mouth, but can easily be removed! It's like two heads in one!

The third alternate head is from the old Spider-Man Classics Venom figure. The one where Venom's face is stretched out and you can see Eddie Brock's face underneath. I took that one and made it fit the new body, and sculpted over the seam on his face where you could tell the Venom face covering Eddie Brock's was a separate piece. It was an extremely unsightly seam, and I wanted to fix it.

I also filled in all of Venom's joint holes so he looks smoother and all around better, and filled in the hole in his back where the scorpion tail was. I sculpted it to match the sculpt of his spine. The spider symbol on his front and back was practically entirely repainted so it didn't look as sloppy as the factory paint job (which was extremely sloppy). You can also tell I shortened the spider symbol on the front. Before, it stretched all the way to his crotch, but I shortened it to match his classic look. I also painted the black dots on the white patches on the back of Venom's hands which was also very iconic of Classic Venom.

One of the shining moments of this custom though are his arms. I added a swivel hinge to both of his elbows for extra range of movement. Before, there was just a standard single elbow hinge with no bicep rotator or any kind of rotator in the arms. It was too static for my liking, and I like dynamic poses. So I cut the hinge disc off and used a screw for a peg and inserted it into the upper arm. I did this for both arms, and not only are they sturdy, but they can move! You can really get much more posing out of him now. You can even have him scratch his head while performing Shakespeare (see photos below to get lame joke)!

Before I could call this one done though, I needed one very important accessory. His web line! What's Venom without some web to trap his enemies in and swing from the rooftops? The web line is over one foot long, and made using various lengths of bendy twist ties found in almost every action figure package. I twisted them together, resembling the wild webbing Venom is known for making, and used some Krazy Glue to hold them in place, and painted it white.

venom1.jpg

venom2.jpg

venom7.jpg

venom9.jpg

venom11.jpg

He's also currently up on eBay for anyone who might be interested. I won't post a direct link so I don't break any rules, but you can find him through a quick and easy search. Thanks for looking!

post-13585-1318954320_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954328_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954332_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954337_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954343_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954348_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954353_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954358_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954363_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954368_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954373_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954378_thumb.jpg

post-13585-1318954384_thumb.jpg

Even though I'm kinda burnt out on Venom customs (and Deadpool, any DCUC stuff and Iron Man mods?!) You totally captured the essence of Venom! From the multi-head approach, down to the webline... You totally worked that piece! Bravo!!!

• 4 years later...