Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Assembling the (movie) Avengers, to battle!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Galahadwriter

Galahadwriter

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

just entering this here too for the contest! If you've already read what I posted in the "Marvelous Collections" forum, ignore!

it's the same post :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I am very glad to share this, the first diorama I've ever made! 'after seeing "The Avengers" at one of those midnight showings, I was incredibly pleased with the design of the film's Helicarrier, so when Hasbro created the special 4' long version for Comic Con last year, 'crossed my fingers that some would be available for order online after the show ended. Fortunately they were, and picked one up for my birthday.

From there, 'purchased the team in appropriate scale and got the idea to keep going....normally I buy figures and display them as singles, but this Helicarrier turned out so fantastically cool that it seemed a shame not to do more with it. Also, I tend to only purchase the hero figures in a line, but as soon as I had Loki, 'had to pick up some of the Chitauri because Loki vs. the team by himself seemed ridiculously unfair, and didn't fit the movie's climatic battle anyway. The last piece added was the Chitauri with his chariot. Originally I thought that adding one would look too crowded, but after re-watching "Avengers" at home, I was reminded how often they are shown flying around on their chariots, so it just made sense to up the authenticity and add one.

It hangs up on a wall in my garage...no cars in the garage, just pool table / bar / other figures and statues......and it's a proud centerpiece of my collection. The money spent on the clear case that covers it (not shown) was well worth it too. And then to cap it off, I picked up off Allposters a background image of New York city at night, as the Avengers defending New York seemed like an ideal fit.

'hope you like it! thanks for the opportunity to share it.I am very glad to share this, the first diorama I've ever made! 'after seeing "The Avengers" at one of those midnight showings, I was incredibly pleased with the design of the film's Helicarrier, so when Hasbro created the special 4' long version for Comic Con last year, 'crossed my fingers that some would be available for order online after the show ended. Fortunately they were, and picked one up for my birthday.

From there, 'purchased the team in appropriate scale and got the idea to keep going....normally I buy figures and display them as singles, but this Helicarrier turned out so fantastically cool that it seemed a shame not to do more with it. Also, I tend to only purchase the hero figures in a line, but as soon as I had Loki, 'had to pick up some of the Chitauri because Loki vs. the team by himself seemed ridiculously unfair, and didn't fit the movie's climatic battle anyway. The last piece added was the Chitauri with his chariot. Originally I thought that adding one would look too crowded, but after re-watching "Avengers" at home, I was reminded how often they are shown flying around on their chariots, so it just made sense to up the authenticity and add one.

It hangs up on a wall in my garage...no cars in the garage, just pool table / bar / other figures and statues......and it's a proud centerpiece of my collection. The money spent on the clear case that covers it (not shown) was well worth it too. And then to cap it off, I picked up off Allposters a background image of New York city at night, as the Avengers defending New York seemed like an ideal fit.

'hope you like it! thanks for the opportunity to share it.Attached File  IMG_0377.JPG   146.4KB   2 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0376.JPG   106.96KB   1 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0375.JPG   109.96KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0374.JPG   124.58KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0373.JPG   98.37KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0370.JPG   117.35KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0369.JPG   108.29KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0368.JPG   108.05KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0367.JPG   89KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0378.JPG   135.71KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0372.JPG   136.62KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0371.JPG   122.65KB   1 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us