Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Cull Obsidian (Black Dwarf) BAF of Wave 2

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MCUcollector24

MCUcollector24

Andorian

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

Source from etailer confirmed to me that Cull Obsidian, Black Dwarf is the BAF of avengers wave 2. Ant man and wasp will be 2 each per case along with Malekith, Thor, Black a Widow, and Black Knight

#2 tarot

tarot

Faker

• Moderators
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

But cull And black dwarf are 2 different characters. Are they combining them for the MCU?

#3 MCUcollector24

MCUcollector24

Andorian

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

But cull And black dwarf are 2 different characters. Are they combining them for the MCU?

I know that they arent going to be using the name Black Dwarf in the movie. So they are going with the group Name of Black Order instead of Cull Obsidian and just using that name specifically for Black Dwarf. Similar to MBaku not using the Man-Ape name.

#4 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cardassian

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:36 PM

I know that they arent going to be using the name Black Dwarf in the movie. So they are going with the group Name of Black Order instead of Cull Obsidian and just using that name specifically for Black Dwarf. Similar to MBaku not using the Man-Ape name.

I think we knew that was going to be the BAF for wave 2. I know I said it would be either him or Thanos for the 1st wave.

#5 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cardassian

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:17 AM

From what I've been reading "Cull Obsidian" is the name of the team they're (MCU) going with. I think the team is named after him because he's supposed to be the oldest among them. Anyone see anything different?

#6 MCUcollector24

MCUcollector24

Andorian

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:31 AM

From what I've been reading "Cull Obsidian" is the name of the team they're (MCU) going with. I think the team is named after him because he's supposed to be the oldest among them. Anyone see anything different?

I read that the Black Order is the same team as Cull Obsidian team in the comics. Just different names I guess. The MCU will be called the Black Order and Black Dwarf will be using the name Cull Obsidian

#7 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cardassian

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

I think we all agree that BAF will look better than MCU Thanos.

#8 MCUcollector24

MCUcollector24

Andorian

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:00 PM

I think we all agree that BAF will look better than MCU Thanos.

Haha Im sure it will

#9 SolidSnakeEyes

SolidSnakeEyes

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:28 PM

I know that they arent going to be using the name Black Dwarf in the movie. 

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

#10 monron999

monron999

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

I know that they arent going to be using the name Black Dwarf in the movie. 

This doesn't surprise me in the least.

Lol, so which word is the most offensive in today's society "black" or "dwarf"?

#11 tarot

tarot

Faker

• Moderators
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

just saw the full wave and yes Black Dwarf is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY better then the Thanos BAF. 

As for the other 2/3 members of the Black Order, maybe when the 4th movie comes out?

#12 tarot

tarot

Faker

• Moderators
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

olrase7o3sb2tfmuspv6.png

#13 Skidroh92

Skidroh92

Andorian

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

hoping they release an apology head for the Thanos BAF...that is really all that is wrong with him.

Almost like they tried to give Thanos and Cap's eyes a life like appearance and they failed 

#14 SolidSnakeEyes

SolidSnakeEyes

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

hoping they release an apology head for the Thanos BAF...that is really all that is wrong with him.

Almost like they tried to give Thanos and Cap's eyes a life like appearance and they failed 

It's that new facial scan tech they've been using that started with (I think) the first or second GotG2 wave. It worked pretty well for those, but then it got weird a blurry looking for the Thor and Netflix waves. Everyone looks sick or like they're wearing too much eye shadow.

#15 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cardassian

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Yeah, and the Scarlett Johanssen figure....doesn't look like Scarlett Johanssen. Just great. Now the "Actors in Cosplay" lovers will whine for a redo and it will take up yet another Marvel slot. Just great.

#16 Dodge76

Dodge76

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

This whole wave is skipable for me. Looking at Thor, I notice he has both of his eyes. Either they forgot to to give him his eye patch or something happens in the movie or they just screwed up with continuity in the movie.

#17 monron999

monron999

Cobra Viper

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

It's that new facial scan tech they've been using that started with (I think) the first or second GotG2 wave. It worked pretty well for those, but then it got weird a blurry looking for the Thor and Netflix waves. Everyone looks sick or like they're wearing too much eye shadow.

Yeah, I have been wholeheartedly unimpressed by this "Amazing" scan technology they've been touting and making all these concessions in all these ML waves for. Sure, Gamora looked 100% better but the first one didn't set the bar very high. Drax looked exactly the same. The first Starlord was actually better than the following three. Netflix wave was okay but DD's head expanded somehow. And anyone who tells me the Black Panther movie figure looks more like Chadwick Boseman than the Civil War BP figure is outta their damn mind. Time to put that crap to bed. These head sculpts are losing something when they get scaled down to 6" scale. The slight exaggerated features of the hand sculpted faces gave them that little bit of uniqueness that made the characters recognizable.

#18 Mangar

Mangar

Andorian

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

Wow. That sculpt of Paul Rudd is... something. It's actually how I picture the look on the face of many folks here when they see a wave with another MCU Cap and Iron Man  :tongue: 

Marvel-Legends-Infinity-War-Wave-2-04__s

#19 Dodge76

Dodge76

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:15 PM

Looks great!!!!

#20 tarot

tarot

Faker

• Moderators
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:59 AM

after watching the Infinity War movie I have to say that the Thanos BAF is perfect as is. Cull....................... not so much. It's not hasbro's fault as they probably had no choice but to use concept art. 

#21 Rukkdeez

Rukkdeez

Cardassian

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 09:41 AM

For those interested (and this will of course annoy the "bigger is better" posse), I sized compared Cull with both the Thanos & Gladiator Hulk BAF's. Most of you probably already know Thanos is a tick larger (taller) than Hulk (without the helmet) Just like in the movie (Just in case, let me say "SPOILER"), and Cull Obsidian is even larger than Thanos (also like in the movie). "Why would we be annoyed if he's larger"? Because having seen the film (even I, due to my preoccupation with accuracy) am compelled to admit he isn't large enough.  He's at least a full head taller than Thanos (in the movie). He does match up nicely to the Hulkbuster armor, so if Hasbro re-releases it with up to date paint apps they'll both look good together (even though they're both a bit undersized).

Update: I just saw the movie again. Obsidian is more than a head taller than Thanos. And Tarot, I see what you mean. Anatomically he's correct, but his outerwear is different. In fact, I dare say he looks more comic accurate (and if Hasbro gives us MCU versions of Corvus Glaive and Ebony Maw, I won't be mad because they look almost exactly like their 616 counterparts). For me, the only one who would be "out of place" is Proxima Midnight, who looks nothing like her 616 twin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us