Marvel Legends Avengers: Infinity War rumors

Rukkdeez

Jay Cochran reported (and stressed) rumors of the missing figures in the 1st AIW wave.

Proxima Midnight (Unknown if movie or comic)

Captain America

Iron Man

Spider-Man (Iron Spider)

MOVIE Captain America, Iron Man and Spider-Man.....again. And I can feel it in my bones; Proxima will be movie based.

Cap most likely with the beard. Tony in armor MK ad infinitum (and it won't be any new sculpt either. Just that same articulation-less buck we've been getting for the last 4 years) and already, we're being saturated with Holland Spider-Man.

If what I suspect about Proxima Midnight rings true, then movie figs officially dominate waves now (is it a stretch to suspect Black Dwarf {movie} will be the BAF?).

That would still be bad, but not as bad as getting the same damn characters over and over and over and over and.... and you MCU honks love this huh? To hell with the comics from which these guys sprang from, who gives a damn about their rich history, and of course, who gives less than a damn about the comic lovers, their support both to the comics AND this line? Who needs new characters, when we can get Chris Evans, Tom Holland and Robert Downey Jr 3 to 5 times a year?

I don't like to complain here (I'm always the one complaining about complainers), but this has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, this wave and the Black Panther wave are easy passes for me. I liked how they used to do these with wave one being comic based figures, wave two being movie based and wave 3 a mixture of the two. It just gives me more money to afford the upcoming X-Men wave that I feel is a let down as well but I want that Apocalypse BAF. Also planning on grabbing the upcoming BAF Lizard and Mysterio from the Spidey wave coming in March. Nothing else really catches my eye except for Domino from the Deadpool wave.

while I think that the Iron Man and Cap are a necessary evil (they are the face of the MCU after all, and are needed for store to get the wave ) why does Spidey have to be in this wave? I do display all my spideys but he has his own line. Couldn't they have just slotted him into the wave after Lizard.

I hope Proxima Midnight is a comic version but the MCU version look really close to it so just like other Cosmic character (Nebula for example) she would fit in nicely with the comics.

But yeah expect for the 3 comic version (Songbird, Cobra and Taskmaster), this looks to be a boring wave. I just hope the BAF is worth it, Like new comic figure but given that they haven't shown him yet, more then likely it will be a MCU figure. I'm thinking Thanos (though that probably the second wave) or Black Dwarf

I'm the biggest critic against movie based figs, but as they get better I find myself warming up to them a little at a time. Yes, Cap & IM are both necessary evils but do they have to have one of each in every damn wave? There'll most likely to be at least 2 Infinity War waves per movie & if we have to suffer through at Cap & IM per each, that's a total 4 each. Add that to all the previous versions & the total amount of MCU figures is almost inconceivable, but that looks to be the future of ML from now on. Even the most hardcore MCU fans have got to be at critical mass by now.

At this point movie based figs do make up at least half of every wave, more than half when you count the BAF in a wave such as the terrible Black Panther wave. It's ridiculous at this point. I'll agree that Hasbro has improved on Toybiz's creation in almost every aspect, but the one place they have not is in the character choices. Back in the glory days of ML, 1 movie figure per wave was more than sufficient & 2 per wave was really pushing it. Even when Hasbro first took over, the majority of the waves were comic based & the bulk of the movie figure's were done as 2 packs. This was the case with the X-Men movie figures & it seemed to work out fine. It gave all the fans their comic figures in the main wave, including a comic based BAF, which there are many still left to be done, and for those who do enjoy the movie figs, they got a dose of 2 at a time. I bought them all, but I was given the feeling that I had the option & not being forced to purchase redundant figures just to get the BAF piece.

Some movies, especially the first movie of each series, just do not have the amount of characters to insert 3 or more movie figs in each wave. Take the Black Panther figures. About the only movie figures I'm remotely interested in are Black Panther, which I already have an MCU version of, and possibly Killmonger (they are 2 completely new figures, btw), but I have absolutely no interest in T'Challa's freaking body guards. It's not sexist, cuz God knows I love my female figs, they are just sooooo damn boring, no matter how detailed & intricate the designs are. And I'm a massive Danai Gurira fan. I just don't need or care about the Okoye or Nakia characters or designs & nothing in the movie is gonna change my opinion or many others I suspect. It would have made so much more sense to include the Klaw & Shuri (another character I care nothing about) in the wave & relegate the other 2 characters to a body guard 2 pack or Hell, even include each one in two seperate 2 packs with redeco versions of BP & Killmonger.

I know I've said I hundreds of times but the way the assortments are being arranged lately I am seriously to a point where I'm not sure I'm going to be purchasing the entire waves, especially if the BAFs continue to be movie based. The last wave I almost skipped out on was the Civil War wave with the terribly & inarguably out of scale MCU Giant Man, but I bit the bullet and bought it hoping this type of wave would be the exception, not the norm, but as we're seeing it seems that this is the direction ML is headed permenently. And if you think it's bad now, wait to see that happens if Disney succeeds in purchasing Fox and obtaining the Mutant license again. No more all comic waves, which statistically have been shown to be the best selling waves so far, and we will be served with a plethora of X-Men movie backlog Hell and it will take an eternity for us to get all the characters we already in desperate need of when half of every wave or more is movie based figs.

I'm the biggest critic against movie based figs, but as they get better I find myself warming up to them a little at a time. Yes, Cap & IM are both necessary evils but do they have to have one of each in every damn wave? There'll most likely to be at least 2 Infinity War waves per movie & if we have to suffer through at Cap & IM per each, that's a total 4 each. Add that to all the previous versions & the total amount of MCU figures is almost inconceivable, but that looks to be the future of ML from now on. Even the most hardcore MCU fans have got to be at critical mass by now.

"One would think so, but we haven't read anything from a single MCU collector admitting they agree (and I know they're out there)."

At this point movie based figs do make up at least half of every wave, more than half when you count the BAF in a wave such as the terrible Black Panther wave. It's ridiculous at this point. I'll agree that Hasbro has improved on Toybiz's creation in almost every aspect, but the one place they have not is in the character choices. Back in the glory days of ML, 1 movie figure per wave was more than sufficient & 2 per wave was really pushing it. Even when Hasbro first took over, the majority of the waves were comic based & the bulk of the movie figure's were done as 2 packs. This was the case with the X-Men movie figures & it seemed to work out fine. It gave all the fans their comic figures in the main wave, including a comic based BAF, which there are many still left to be done, and for those who do enjoy the movie figs, they got a dose of 2 at a time. I bought them all, but I was given the feeling that I had the option & not being forced to purchase redundant figures just to get the BAF piece.

Some movies, especially the first movie of each series, just do not have the amount of characters to insert 3 or more movie figs in each wave. Take the Black Panther figures. About the only movie figures I'm remotely interested in are Black Panther, which I already have an MCU version of, and possibly Killmonger (they are 2 completely new figures, btw), but I have absolutely no interest in T'Challa's freaking body guards. It's not sexist, cuz God knows I love my female figs, they are just sooooo damn boring, no matter how detailed & intricate the designs are. And I'm a massive Danai Gurira fan. I just don't need or care about the Okoye or Nakia characters or designs & nothing in the movie is gonna change my opinion or many others I suspect. It would have made so much more sense to include the Klaw & Shuri (another character I care nothing about) in the wave & relegate the other 2 characters to a body guard 2 pack or Hell, even include each one in two seperate 2 packs with redeco versions of BP & Killmonger.

I know I've said I hundreds of times but the way the assortments are being arranged lately I am seriously to a point where I'm not sure I'm going to be purchasing the entire waves, especially if the BAFs continue to be movie based. The last wave I almost skipped out on was the Civil War wave with the terribly & inarguably out of scale MCU Giant Man, but I bit the bullet and bought it hoping this type of wave would be the exception, not the norm, but as we're seeing it seems that this is the direction ML is headed permenently. And if you think it's bad now, wait to see that happens if Disney succeeds in purchasing Fox and obtaining the Mutant license again. No more all comic waves, which statistically have been shown to be the best selling waves so far, and we will be served with a plethora of X-Men movie backlog Hell and it will take an eternity for us to get all the characters we already in desperate need of when half of every wave or more is movie based figs.

"That's the head of the nail right there! The comic based waves (X-Men/Spider-Man) have done better financially than the MCU (and now DOMINATED) WAVES! We already lose a Spider-man wave to movies (even before Sony collaborated with Disney), but now it can possibly happen to the X-Men. As much as I'd love to see Disney/Paramount's take on the X-Universe, I think I DON'T want this to happen. Fox is still putting out movies (with the exception of Deadpool and Logan, mostly bad) and yet we get strictly comic based waves in the general vicinity of a movie release (the Deadpool wave case in point). Let Fox continue to do what they do, and let US continue to benefit from it, and MCU collectors, please no complaining en masse for movie figs from these films. Let the comic based collectors have something! GEEZ!!"

I honestly don't think the Black Panther wave is all that bad.we get one former and was extremely exclusive, a fan requested version and a team completion for the ANAD Avengers. The movie figure are a new sculpt for the main character and a nice looking villain. The Dora Marije (or what ever it's call) and the BAF are #$## thought but at least I can army build them. The BAF should have been M'Baku (since we can't call him Man-Ape now). No doubt about that.

What is this 'comic' word you guys keep using? Are you saying that there was an Ironman before RDJ? Seriously though, when the comic books make as much as the movies now do, they'll make more comic figures. As that is not likely to happen, be thankful for the decades of comic figures you do have to pick from, and be glad Hasbro still makes some colourful and obscure comic characters, or just embrace the changing times and jump on the MCU bandwagon.

Also, to be clear, I don't really care what figures they make anymore. Movie or comic, 30 bucks a fig got to be too much and I sold it all. Trying to fill that hole with Jesus now. He's less poseable. And his only action feature is forgiveness. But he didn't cost a thing. Except for a small donation. Every week.

Also, to be clear, I don't really care what figures they make anymore. Movie or comic, 30 bucks a fig got to be too much and I sold it all. Trying to fill that hole with Jesus now. He's less poseable. And his only action feature is forgiveness. But he didn't cost a thing. Except for a small donation. Every week.

$30 a fig?!? You need Jesus' forgiveness for being taken!!!! As for your previous comments, the problem you don't seem to fathom is a lot of these MCU figures AREN'T SELLING!!! Hasbro is giving in to the bitching, whining and complaining from the "actor's guild" (MCU lovers) and increased the amounts of movie figs per wave, thereby cutting down (and it looks like eventually OUT) the comic characters. They're hanging on the pegs so long, homeless people can sleep next to them for warmth! And for what? The casual person who doesn't know a damn thing about the character, but is in man love with Chris Evans?!? So many good characters have fallen by the wayside because of this.

$30 a fig?!? You need Jesus' forgiveness for being taken!!!! As for your previous comments, the problem you don't seem to fathom is a lot of these MCU figures AREN'T SELLING!!! Hasbro is giving in to the bitching, whining and complaining from the "actor's guild" (MCU lovers) and increased the amounts of movie figs per wave, thereby cutting down (and it looks like eventually OUT) the comic characters. They're hanging on the pegs so long, homeless people can sleep next to them for warmth! And for what? The casual person who doesn't know a damn thing about the character, but is in man love with Chris Evans?!? So many good characters have fallen by the wayside because of this.

I don't thing the movie figures will cut out the comic figures, I'm sure Hasbro knows the collector community is more interested in the comic versions, and those are the ones that sell, you can see with 2018 figures, there are a lot of comic figures, they are doing lots of classic looks, like Cable, Deadpool, Taskmaster, so I think we are in for the long run with comic figures

I don't thing the movie figures will cut out the comic figures, I'm sure Hasbro knows the collector community is more interested in the comic versions, and those are the ones that sell, you can see with 2018 figures, there are a lot of comic figures, they are doing lots of classic looks, like Cable, Deadpool, Taskmaster, so I think we are in for the long run with comic figures

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but how do you figure Hasbro "knows" the collector community is MORE interested in comic versions when the last few waves have steadily increased their number of MCU figs per wave INCLUDING the Build-A-Figure to the point that they (MCU) represents more than half the wave?!?! That looks to me like Hasbro has bought into the politicking by the MCU lovers and gave these people who care nothing for the ACTUAL characters themselves, but their actor counterparts what they wanted at the expense of the people who are responsible for there even being a Marvel Legends line and movies. That being the comic readers/collectors.

I have to agree with Mako. Ruddezz, you and me are part of the old guard that have been collecting since the TB days but we both know that if it wasn't for the MCU movies, then our favorite toy line would not be here today ( I think most collectors agree on that).

Unfortunately we have to accept that Hasbro are applying to the mass which is what they should be doing. Not just a small subset of collector like the comic collectors but to the whole collecting community. I'm currently running the Best of nominations on my site and nearly 40% of the nominations for BFOTY is MCU. It just the way things are these days.

At least Hasbro tries to give us new comic figure. Look at the DC Multiverse line. Most of that line is basically mixed between the TV universe and the Movie universe. very little or no comic figures.

I have to agree with Mako. Ruddezz, you and me are part of the old guard that have been collecting since the TB days but we both know that if it wasn't for the MCU movies, then our favorite toy line would not be here today ( I think most collectors agree on that).

Unfortunately we have to accept that Hasbro are applying to the mass which is what they should be doing. Not just a small subset of collector like the comic collectors but to the whole collecting community. I'm currently running the Best of nominations on my site and nearly 40% of the nominations for BFOTY is MCU. It just the way things are these days.

At least Hasbro tries to give us new comic figure. Look at the DC Multiverse line. Most of that line is basically mixed between the TV universe and the Movie universe. very little or no comic figures.

I think both you and Mako overlooked my point. I do not disagree with anything either of you has said. In fact, you both made my point for me (that being Hasbro does NOT "know the collector community is more interested in comic versions" as JDGI stated which was the basis of my response to that post. In fact, I even said Hasbro doesn't know). Both your posts say exactly the opposite of what JDGI said which (if you read how I started off) I disputed as well. I agree with him on the point that comic figs are selling, and I disagree with you two that movie figs are. No one is saying do away with MCU figs and if either of you has read any of my posts on this subject, you know I've admitted they're necessary...AT 1 OR 2 PER WAVE! NOT half PLUS the BAF!! Especially when most of the time, 50 percent of that half are Iron Man and Captain America figures!

I will say this one more time: They. Were. Meant. To. Help. Push. Waves...NOT TAKE THEM OVER!!! For every Okoye BAF, there ISN'T a Man-Ape. For every MCU Vulture wing, there ISN'T a Stegron or Spider-Slayer or some such large character (since the other universal misconception is that BAF's HAVE to be big) and because of this, probably never will be (and before anyone attempts to lambast my examples, please note that's all they are). You know what's the best thing for comic collectors? FOX movies! As bad as they usually are, at least when Hasbro tries to put a wave out, we get 100% comic figs (I would be Kool with 66% or 71% but they don't do Fox figs...thankfully).

Anyway, let's wait a few years after Infinity War is done (and our "beloved" actors' contracts are over) and we get into phase 4 and see if this argument is moot or not. What's gonna happen with no RDJ or Chris Evans to anchor and we're left with the Doctor Strange/Ant-Man/Captain Marvels of the world?

Sorry Tarot, I just don't see where you or Mako are coming from. I tend to side more with Rukk. Tho I don't always see eye to eye with him, he's sounding more like the Original Guard than anyone on this topic right now. I know we all live in different regions & Mako is always the first to call me out when I talk about or even show pictures of all the MCU figs clogging the shelves, but I honestly don't know what either of you is basing your opinions on. I have my own views & he has his own views & I respect them but I just don't know where that view comes from. In my work I travel to all 4 corners of the country, including Hawaii & Porta Rico (never been to Alaska, I must admit), but no matter where I go I manage to find time to do a little comic & toy hunting, which is why there is virtually no ML I have not been able to find in the wild. Now, I'm not always necessarily willing to pay the requested price all the time (damn you, X-Force Deadpool) but at least I can say I found it, but that's another point. What I'm saying is no matter where I go, whether it be to the Pacific NW, the Southern Plains or the East Coast, I've never, ever, ever seen the comic based figures under sell the MCU figures. Now, not to say it doesn't happen at specific stores or a concentrated area of stores but I never go to just one store in a city. Basically, if I don't have the time to hit multiple stores, it isn't worth the hunt. Also, there is the occasional comic figure that turns out to be a dog (see Wasp & Speed Demon), but over all there's a reason the comic heavy waves, typically with comic based BAF's, are statistically the better selling waves. That's just straight facts & numbers. It's indisputable.

I too am part of the Old Guard, and I must point out that Toybiz's version of ML did not fail. What happened on that front was nothing more than a hostile takover. The big boys like Hasbro & Mattel ganged up on the little guy Toybiz and sued them for unfair business practices, basically accusing them of having the monopoly on super articulated Superhero figures due to their connection to Marvel. Of course it was ridiculous, cuz there was nothing out there telling other companies they couldn't pursue their own comic lisences, but they couldn't deal with the fact that Toybiz could produce a superior product at a vastly lower cost and sell it at a better price than any of the crap any of the big boys were releasing at the time. The solution was to tie Toybiz up in litigation and sue them into bankruptcy until Marvel had no choice but to sell the license to Hasbro who were specifically wanting it to exploit the movie tie-ins.

The biggest and only failure in ML is when Hasbro could not carry the ball, even after obtaining all of Toybiz's designs, molds and most of the artistic talent. With all their resources Hasbro not only couldn't improve the quality of product, but they couldn't even maintain the height of quality already set by Toybiz. Though many of the fans, specifically the Old Guard (I'm stealing that word from now on, BTW) tried to hang in there and support the line, product loyalty will only carry the fans interest so far, especially when the supporters are suddenly paying double the price for half the amount of product which was also far inferior in every aspect, including, but not limited to accessories, paint aps, articulation & sculpts to the previous manufacturer. So yes, ML did fail, but it was in no way due to the fans. If you are one of the Old Guard (to be referred to as OG from this point on), you will know and understand that we hung on as long as we could, but when you're hauling that POS Silver Surfer or Klaw or Emma Frost from the Dark Days of ML up to the checkout, it actually started to hurt to pull that $20+ out of the wallet & slam it on the counter. I never abandoned ML personally, but I know plenty of people who did, and it had much more to do with product quality rather than fan interest in the characters. Hasbro failed us, and years later, after getting their act together, we came back. Dollars in hand.

To put it into perspective, just imagine how well it would go over if Hasbro were to take the figures they did during the Dark Days and just straight redo them. Nothing complicated, same versions of the character, same color schemes, same BAFs, just on the current molds & sculpts and articulation. We would all go crazy. What, a new Banshee on the ANAD spidey 2099 buck? Quicksilver on the Pizza Spidey buck? Whoaa, Emma Frost in her lingerie (which will never happen again, BTW) on one of the new awesome female bucks? Tigra? Tigra on the Moonstone buck? Even the hardcorest of OG's who are the most critical of redos will have to admit they will gladly pay for a redo of any one of those figures over yet another MCU Captain America, Iron Man or (shudder) Starlord. So, make no mistake, the comic fans are the ones who carried the line and will continue to do so as long as we can, but if ML does ultimately begin to fail once again, it will be due to the current game plan of oversaturation of movie figures over the comic figures. And when it does, don't even assume to blame it on the hardcore fans, the OG's, cuz we've been here the whole time. There's only so much Chris & Chris & Robert & Chris we can take before were exhausted. Still ain't seen near enough of Scarlett or even hide nor hair of Paul (Bettany), tho. Imagine that. And you really think the Higher Ups at Hasbro are really in tune with what the fans want, cuz I guarantee, if anyone of them had even bothered to ask any one of us what we wanted out of the Black Panther wave, not a damn one of us woulda said Nakia or Okoye, much less one of them being the BAF. Man-Ape was the only one any of us could fathom as a BAF & they even had a decent base with the Man-Thing figure but they didn't even regard it as the most obvious option due to their insistence to push the MCU.

Wow...I'm late getting in on this topic. Although I tend to find myself aligning more with the comic figure collectors on this one, I also think that from what I've seen of the Black Order's movie design Proxima Midnight could be comic or movie based and look great next to my Cosmic MLs.

That being said I can't help but say monron and Rukkdeez are more right than wrong on how the MCU figures are clogging the shelves. Here in my corner of PA the Walmarts each have anywhere from four to eight of Ragarok Loki, Ragnarok Thor, Netflix Daredevil, and Netflix Punisher. The TRUs and Targets aren't much better. I have never seen the comic figures from either of these waves in the wild and had I not found them by luck for MSRP on Amazon would have given in to scalper prices long ago, while these "much sought after" MCU figures have languished on the shelves since August, with no end in sight. Not to mention the GotG Wave's Drax and Star Lord that have been there since Feb./Mar. this year. I think we of the "old guard" have a valid opinion here about the ratio of comic to film figures. I was alright when it was close to 50/50, but the Black Panther wave is a perfect example of what's wrong with going too far down that road of trying to placate one group of ML collectors over the other, an even split is equitable and should always be the way to go.

As for comic figures not selling, I only need to mention several of them to show how in error this point is...Ghost Rider (Rhino wave), Moon Knight (Vulture wave), Wolverine (Juggernaut wave), Deadpool (Juggernaut wave), and of course the MJ/Spidey, Phoenix/Cyclops 2 packs. What do these all have in common? They have or they are selling better than the MCU figures that were released alongside them and are demanding overly inflated prices on the aftermarket.

For a bonus point recall Adam Warlock, not only one of the most anticipated figures of the recent GotG wave, but also the most challenging of his wave to find on shelves or online for MSRP.

Look guys I'm not saying that MCU aren't pegged warmers (at least you guys are getting any figure, we don't get ML in Ireland much) and I would love if Hasbro would focus on Comic. It is a comic book line period.

BUT, and this is a big but. the MCU are needed for the stores (so that they could franchise the movie) and casual fans who only watch the movie. They are need to sell the line. Hasbro is a company they need to make money.

But I 100% agree that the line should stop making half the waves MCU characters that we have before. Do Iron Man and Cap have to be in the same wave? No absolutely not. In fact it would have been a better selling point to have them in 2 separate waves. They could have slotted in some one like Vision who still hasn't a fecking figure or some one who has not gotten a true retail figure. Like Hawkeye for example. and why they need to have the Spider-man in this line and not in his own one is beyond me. It would have been better to have him in that line and get new fans to try get people interest in completing the BAF in That line after they got the BAF piece.

And the arguement about the BAF shouldn't be MCU. Yes they are huge amount of big characters that need to be done. But if the MCU has a character that can't be sold unless it's a baf (like Thanos for example), then I think we can make a exception of that but not every wave. and no more of this #$## of Normal Size figure being BAFs . Mantis was one thing but that Okoye is a whole other thing. Should have just been a 7th figure and finally gotten the highly request M'Baku (politically correct name). and before anyone says, "Oh a BAF doesn't have to be big". Yes that is true but they have to be at nice unique, not like Mantis.

TLDR. More comic figures, less MCU figure when needed

Face it brothers and sisters, the movie-based figs are the bread and butter of this line. If you don't like them, you're entitled to your opinion.... just remember, it is just YOUR opinion. (Personally, I can go either way.)

For those who say they won't buy the movie figs, great, that means more for the rest of us.

I am cool with either as well. I am a completist and collect all Legend 6 inch figures so MCU or comic based is both great IMO. Also any Prox Midnight figure is a great figure in my book. The Black Order is so badass period.

I haven't read since I posted my opinion, I see now that the conversation has continue.

When I said that Hasbro knows the comic versions are the ones that sell, I was taking the example that from the waves that are coming on 2018 that we know so far, we have 3 waves that are 100% comic figures (Deadpool, X-Men, Spider-Man) so taking that into consideration, it seems to me that Hasbro has found the balance, but still considers the comic figures the basis for the line.

Sorry Tarot, I just don't see where you or Mako are coming from. I tend to side more with Rukk. Tho I don't always see eye to eye with him, he's sounding more like the Original Guard than anyone on this topic right now. I know we all live in different regions & Mako is always the first to call me out when I talk about or even show pictures of all the MCU figs clogging the shelves, but I honestly don't know what either of you is basing your opinions on. I have my own views & he has his own views & I respect them but I just don't know where that view comes from. In my work I travel to all 4 corners of the country, including Hawaii & Porta Rico (never been to Alaska, I must admit), but no matter where I go I manage to find time to do a little comic & toy hunting, which is why there is virtually no ML I have not been able to find in the wild. Now, I'm not always necessarily willing to pay the requested price all the time (damn you, X-Force Deadpool) but at least I can say I found it, but that's another point. What I'm saying is no matter where I go, whether it be to the Pacific NW, the Southern Plains or the East Coast, I've never, ever, ever seen the comic based figures under sell the MCU figures. Now, not to say it doesn't happen at specific stores or a concentrated area of stores but I never go to just one store in a city. Basically, if I don't have the time to hit multiple stores, it isn't worth the hunt. Also, there is the occasional comic figure that turns out to be a dog (see Wasp & Speed Demon), but over all there's a reason the comic heavy waves, typically with comic based BAF's, are statistically the better selling waves. That's just straight facts & numbers. It's indisputable.

I too am part of the Old Guard, and I must point out that Toybiz's version of ML did not fail. What happened on that front was nothing more than a hostile takover. The big boys like Hasbro & Mattel ganged up on the little guy Toybiz and sued them for unfair business practices, basically accusing them of having the monopoly on super articulated Superhero figures due to their connection to Marvel. Of course it was ridiculous, cuz there was nothing out there telling other companies they couldn't pursue their own comic lisences, but they couldn't deal with the fact that Toybiz could produce a superior product at a vastly lower cost and sell it at a better price than any of the crap any of the big boys were releasing at the time. The solution was to tie Toybiz up in litigation and sue them into bankruptcy until Marvel had no choice but to sell the license to Hasbro who were specifically wanting it to exploit the movie tie-ins.

The biggest and only failure in ML is when Hasbro could not carry the ball, even after obtaining all of Toybiz's designs, molds and most of the artistic talent. With all their resources Hasbro not only couldn't improve the quality of product, but they couldn't even maintain the height of quality already set by Toybiz. Though many of the fans, specifically the Old Guard (I'm stealing that word from now on, BTW) tried to hang in there and support the line, product loyalty will only carry the fans interest so far, especially when the supporters are suddenly paying double the price for half the amount of product which was also far inferior in every aspect, including, but not limited to accessories, paint aps, articulation & sculpts to the previous manufacturer. So yes, ML did fail, but it was in no way due to the fans. If you are one of the Old Guard (to be referred to as OG from this point on), you will know and understand that we hung on as long as we could, but when you're hauling that POS Silver Surfer or Klaw or Emma Frost from the Dark Days of ML up to the checkout, it actually started to hurt to pull that $20+ out of the wallet & slam it on the counter. I never abandoned ML personally, but I know plenty of people who did, and it had much more to do with product quality rather than fan interest in the characters. Hasbro failed us, and years later, after getting their act together, we came back. Dollars in hand.

To put it into perspective, just imagine how well it would go over if Hasbro were to take the figures they did during the Dark Days and just straight redo them. Nothing complicated, same versions of the character, same color schemes, same BAFs, just on the current molds & sculpts and articulation. We would all go crazy. What, a new Banshee on the ANAD spidey 2099 buck? Quicksilver on the Pizza Spidey buck? Whoaa, Emma Frost in her lingerie (which will never happen again, BTW) on one of the new awesome female bucks? Tigra? Tigra on the Moonstone buck? Even the hardcorest of OG's who are the most critical of redos will have to admit they will gladly pay for a redo of any one of those figures over yet another MCU Captain America, Iron Man or (shudder) Starlord. So, make no mistake, the comic fans are the ones who carried the line and will continue to do so as long as we can, but if ML does ultimately begin to fail once again, it will be due to the current game plan of oversaturation of movie figures over the comic figures. And when it does, don't even assume to blame it on the hardcore fans, the OG's, cuz we've been here the whole time. There's only so much Chris & Chris & Robert & Chris we can take before were exhausted. Still ain't seen near enough of Scarlett or even hide nor hair of Paul (Bettany), tho. Imagine that. And you really think the Higher Ups at Hasbro are really in tune with what the fans want, cuz I guarantee, if anyone of them had even bothered to ask any one of us what we wanted out of the Black Panther wave, not a damn one of us woulda said Nakia or Okoye, much less one of them being the BAF. Man-Ape was the only one any of us could fathom as a BAF & they even had a decent base with the Man-Thing figure but they didn't even regard it as the most obvious option due to their insistence to push the MCU.

You're absolutely right! And I'm sure you know I'm one of the original (and probably the most passionate) advocates AGAINST redos, but to your point, the way figures are designed now has even myself changing his views. You gave a perfect example (and I don't know if you planned it this way) when you mentioned Klaw from the dark days. We ARE getting that very much needed redo and from the high res pics we've gotten, it a DAMN big improvement over the original (I'm still leary about his sound horn though. I think it may still be too big).

PS: That's right RUKKDEEZ said a figure is in need of a redo. When points are made, minds can change. LOL

Ok, got it. Movie figures are bad. Hasbro is wrong to make them. No collector anytime, anywhere, ever liked movie figures. If they did, they were wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up. And by all means, if there's anything else I don't like, PLEASE let me know. I'm flying blind here. :wink:

And you win the thread my friend

Ok, got it. Movie figures are bad. Hasbro is wrong to make them. No collector anytime, anywhere, ever liked movie figures. If they did, they were wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up. And by all means, if there's anything else I don't like, PLEASE let me know. I'm flying blind here. :wink:

Oddly enough, MCU figs are ALWAYS the ones left pegging.