Idea for modern Giant Man wave

monron999

I know Hasbro seems to have its act together these days, at least in regard to ML, & I know they don't need anyone telling them their business, but seeing as how they seem to react to at least some of what gets discussed on these forums I'd like to throw out an idea & see how much buzz it can create.

How about an updated Giant Man wave? This would be a perfect time for Hasbro to put out some much demanded characters, but also some redos on some characters they have done in previous waves but probably wish the could have done better. The best part is that they could mostly be done with reused parts and some new head sculpts.

Firstly, let's say it would probably have to be an exclusive with a larger lineup like the original as the BAF would have to be broken up in as many parts as possible to keep costs down. Secondly, they could probably use the same body mold as the original BAF because it was almost perfect. All it would need is some new antenna & an updated paint job to match the 6" scale figure & we're good to go. Thirdly, the characters I'm proposing would be of mostly simple design relying more on paint apps rather than new parts. Lastly, as an exclusive it would see limited release meaning that there would not have to be a roster spot wasted on another rehash/variant of any of the flagship characters (Cap, IM, Spidey, Wolvie, etc). Here's how my lineup would breakdown.

Figures using the Hyperion mold would be Captain Britain, hopefully with a new head & a new US Agent which could probably reuse the Marvel Now Captain America head.

Figures using the Reaper mold would be Wonder Man with reused belt parts & hopefully new head & a non-Bradstreet Punisher reusing parts from the Captain Rogers figure & Head & belt from Epic Heroes Punisher.

Figures using the Spidey mold would be Havok who already seems to have a head sculpt or at least a prototype out there & a green Iron Fist whose head can be reused from the recent white version.

Figures using the Bucky Cap mold would be Scott Lang Ant Man reusing the O'Grady/Black Ant head from the Walgreens exclusive & Moon Knight which could be done with a small variation to the Black Panther head and existing cape sculpt.

A new Emma Frost, possibly in her black outfit, can be made using a simple repaint of the Scarlet Witch figure & reuse of the Wolverine Legends head & possibly the Gamora cape. I'm not sure if it's compatible.

Kitty Pryde can be made using the Jubilee mold & one of the few new head sculpts.

Note that I did add one more character than the original line as one of the BAF pieces actually had to be obtained from the AoA Wolverine variant in that series.

Anyway, I'm sure it's a long shot, but with the quality of product Hasbro has been putting out lately it would be awesome to see these characters who are badly in need of updates & upgrades. There was also some thought of including Deadpool, which could be made with the Bucky mold & the existing head and small parts & Bullseye which could easily be done with the Bucky mold & a retooled head from the previous version, but seeing as one will be getting his own movie & the other is being added to the cast of the successful Netflix series', both are likely to be made anyway.

Any thoughts, suggestions, observations or criticisms (which I'm sure there will be a lot of) would be much appreciated. And, who knows, maybe they're listening. They've done a hell of a job addressing the fans wishes & concerns this year.

I think Giant man would be part of an Ant-man themed wave, possibly if they decide to make Ant-man 2, which given how good it was make me think it might happen.

my wave would consist of:

1. Scott Lang Ant-man - pre-Disassemble version like the mini figure of the sdcc set done on spidey buck like the Walgreens exclusibe. simple repaint new head.
  2. Rita DeMira's Yellowjacket - wasp body with new addition and
  3. Wasp - Modern Uncanny avengers version these two would be swaps
  4. Whirlwind. - CapBuck mold with new head and arms.
  5. Nighthawk
  6. Dr. Spectrum - CapBuck mold each under Squadron Supreme
  7. Wonderman - like you said on the Grimmy body mold.
  8. Quicksilver- I think the Spidey mold might work well for this since they also did it with Speed demon

BAF - Giant-man (i know you said hank pym but I want a Clint Barton or Eric Joston) or Stature (hell feck GM and give us Stature Hasbro, you already have Pheonix mold for Giant females)