Future X-men Legends

savonte007

I believe it was said that hasbro has plans to make more 90s x-men and complete those teams when I hear 90s team I immediately think gold and blue teams.

Been done already:

Cyclops,Jean grey,wolverine, archangel,rogue,

Will be coming soon:

Storm,Gambit,Psylocke,nightcrawler,Beast

Maybe based on recently made or other factors:

Cable,Bishop, iceman,jubilee,kitty pride,Emma frost.

I know toy biz has made some already, I'm talking future hasbro plans..

What yall think?

Storm could totally use a re-do from toybiz. I know they did her in white, with a light blue wash. Id like to see a more silverish or gray jumpsuit.

A 1980's style Avalanche would be nice.

Forge, Morph, Banshee in the 90's jim lee style uniform would be great too.

And we've been teased with a prototype, so I hope one day to get Lilandra and if we get here we gotta get DEATHBIRD!!!

Storm could totally use a re-do from toybiz. I know they did her in white, with a light blue wash. Id like to see a more silverish or gray jumpsuit.

A 1980's style Avalanche would be nice.

Forge, Morph, Banshee in the 90's jim lee style uniform would be great too.

And we've been teased with a prototype, so I hope one day to get Lilandra and if we get here we gotta get DEATHBIRD!!!

Deathbird would be AWESOME! We haven't gotten aLegends Avalanche yet, and that would be great in order to help complete Mystique's Brotherhood (still would need Destiny).As most here know, I'm not a fan of redo's in the slightest, but even I'm on board for a new Gambit! The only thing good about the Toybiz version is the coat! As is the case with most Toybiz figs, he's too short. (Why exactly do people hold Toybiz in such high regard STILL to this day over Hasbro despite the leaps and bounds they've made in the last 2-4 years?!?) Having said that, we do NOT need a new Beast. Toybiz's Beast is a great figure (Enough about how expensive it may be on the aftermarket! You wanna be a collector, this is the price we pay sometimes. Let's stop clogging up the waves with needless redo's simply because someone wants to engage in this hobby, but can't afford to. We want new charcters, not constantly recycling old ones over & over again)

I'm a HUGE X-Men fan, thanks to the 90s cartoon, and I'm thrilled with what they've done with the X-Men waves so far (since the Jubilee wave release, through Juggernaut and the upcoming Warlock wave).

BUT, I see them continuing to spread their focus over ALL the decades of X-Men history. Pretty much all the characters I want to see came out of the 90s decade, but their designs will be all over the place.

They won't touch characters like Colossus and Iceman for a while, since they are recently released. UNLESS there is some themed box set that could require a different design. I definitely think there will be updates for characters like Nightcrawler and Gambit in classic/iconic designs. I personally think a Jim Lee Beast is a viable remake, particularly as a BAF, but I also love the Toy Biz version and think its superior design still fits well with the strides Hasbro has made over the years. Because of Psylocke's limited release by Hasbro I could see an updated release for her in her iconic ninja blues. Storm is a character that has had MANY iconic looks, so she is one that can be put out in tons of ways. She needs a Jim Lee design update, as well as her Giant-Size X-Men/1st appearance look, and I am holding out for her leather & Mohawk look from the 80s.

But beyond that, I don't see them focusing on a 90s-era team. Bishop's design can be based on anything and I see them going more modern with him if he sees another figure. Jubilee in her classic blue shorts has a best chance being released in an exclusive multi-pack than on a single card. Cable was just released. Emma Frost is a toss-up but I could see her Inner Circle Hellfire Club look being done because they can get a lot of use out of the mold with other Hellfire Club characters like Selene, Inner Circle Jean Grey (simple as an alternate head for Selene), Madelyne Pryor/Goblin Queen...

If I were to bet on any "guarantees" this year it would be a classic Mystique, and for a wish list would be extensive, but still want a classic Avalanche and a Sauron.

I'd love a Brotherhood boxed set with classic Mystique, Avalanche, a remake Pyro, Destiny, Toad, and Magneto with alternate heads (helmeted, non-helmeted with long hair).

And then there's all the splinter teams like Excalibur (come on Meggan, and a spiky Rachel Grey!), New Mutants (with Warlock this seems like a stronger possibility), X-Force (getting there with Shatterstar, but we need more Domino, Cannonball, Rictor, Feral, Siryn....), X-Factor (don't see the 90s Havok/Polaris team happening given the costumes released so far, but still waiting for Jamie Madrox to come out, and a casually-dressed Strong Guy, but Wolfsbane could come out with New Mutants). Tons of options, but you know Marvel Legends is trying to remain current and relevant with those sprinklings of Disco Dazzler here and there for extra flavor.

I think many people are forget that while Hasbro are working on all the 90's show (hence the reason we have gotten many of Iron Man foes list Whirlwind and Blizzard), they also have to make figure from all the decades. Many people are only just starting to read comic or they are older fan who have been reading since the 60's. they have to appeal to all fans.

Take the Colossus figure coming out. While the costume choice is weird (He only wore it until he became Colosonaut) many people are complaining that it's not the costume they wants. But there is some people who do want it. (also the classic and astonishing have been done already and I can see the Classic being done in a Giant-Size X-men box set with a Thunderbird exclusive).

Take the 3 new characters, Polaris, Dazzler and Shatterstar. They finally (and I mean finally) get made in the costumes they are most famous for but you know what people say "It that the one me as an individual wanted". That drives me insane.

So in essence this wave is a prime example of how to appeal to all types of fans and not just one sets of fans,

So in conclusion for this rant, I say hasbro are working slowly on all the types of characters they can. It will be a slow process but it will get done...............................eventually.

Are we getting 90's Storm (long hair and white costume) anytime soon I wonder?

there was actually one released during the TB days. twice even. But I would like to see it redone. with a swappable head with her signature blue eyes.

personally I would love to see her in her first appearance Giant-Size Xmen version.

I was going to make this a topic but since there is already a thread.....I really want to know from those who have a pulse on these things is it a sure thing we will get a new Psylocke? It seems to make sense with all the Jim Lee characters they are making but I know Hasbro themselves have done her before. Is it a waste of money to buy a custom?

I would say she has a really good chance of being made. heck any of the female X-men can be remade (except Jean, for god sake Hasbro do someone else!!)

I know right it would be a very cost effective figure for them to make. So, its basically a win-win for Hasbro. Thank you that is what I was thinking.

there was actually one released during the TB days. twice even. But I would like to see it redone. with a swappable head with her signature blue eyes.

personally I would love to see her in her first appearance Giant-Size Xmen version.

So would I! I'd love a topless Sto...oh..uh, you meant her 1st COSTUME appearance. My bad.

Most Likely I think,

Bishop, I can see Hasbro doing a Jim Lee version with a bald head swap.

Storm, I see Hasbro doing a Jim Lee version also.

Gambit, Its a matter of time.

Beast, I am happy with the one I got but see them doing him. I don't think they will use Jackal's body because its too small.

Wolverine, Yeah he sells so they will do a tiger stripe one.

Charles Xaiver, Need one with his hover chair.

Maybe,

Jubilee, I have a hard time seeing Hasbro doing a 90's version.

Psylocke, I don't know but they do have the SDCC version they can repaint.

Already done,

Jean Grey, I don't like her hands but don't see them revisiting this figure.

Rogue, She's perfect!

Archangel, I don't see them revisiting and happy with this version.

Iceman, I don't like him but don't see them revisiting.

Cyclops, He looks to be perfect but have to get my hands on him.

Most Likely I think,

Bishop, I can see Hasbro doing a Jim Lee version with a bald head swap.

Storm, I see Hasbro doing a Jim Lee version also.

Gambit, Its a matter of time.

Beast, I am happy with the one I got but see them doing him. I don't think they will use Jackal's body because its too small.

Wolverine, Yeah he sells so they will do a tiger stripe one.

Charles Xaiver, Need one with his hover chair.

Maybe,

Jubilee, I have a hard time seeing Hasbro doing a 90's version.

Psylocke, I don't know but they do have the SDCC version they can repaint.

Already done,

Jean Grey, I don't like her hands but don't see them revisiting this figure.

Rogue, She's perfect!

Archangel, I don't see them revisiting and happy with this version.

Iceman, I don't like him but don't see them revisiting.

Cyclops, He looks to be perfect but have to get my hands on him.

This is actually a nice analysis.

However I do see Psylocke being done more then any of the Females. She's highly requested and really needs a new figure. Gambit is also absolute as he has a movie coming out.................eventually. Wolverine is assured.

However Storm, Bishop and Beast might get other version of them made before they get to the Jim Lee's versions (FA, Modern and George Perez respectively).

Forge is some people are forgeting but I don't see him being done anytime soon. Well he was done but no one could find him. and Jubilee is not going to be made IMO as she is suck a small character nowadays. (then again so is Polaris, Dazzler and Shatterstar).

I was trying to be realistic when I made that list Trying to put myself in Hasbro's shoes. I don't know if they would look at Psylocke as a profitable figure or not. I would buy her again in a heartbeat. Jubilee I don't think they will revisit. I went ahead and grabbed her off of Ebay for 95.00 thinking that maybe my only chance of getting her without paying over a hundred.

I would grab a new Forge. Usually I think of the Blue and Gold teams when I think of Jim Lee X-Men. I also would love Banshee in that costume as well. I do not like the one we got. Moria McTaggert (misspelled I know) would be cool in that costume. I know we will never see her.

I am amazed we are getting Dazzler and Polaris in the same case. Those were some must haves for me. I would prefer Dazzler in a different costume though but I will take her. I would have preferred the 80's look with her dressed in blue with that brown jacket.

80's Dazzler with brown jacket

80's Shadowcat in that blue costume

Jim Lee Forge

Jim Lee Banshee

Jim Lee Moria McTaggert

Rachel Grey in the red Phoenix suit

Longshot Redo

Those are some of the ones I love to see get made outside of the Blue and Gold teams.

So would I! I'd love a topless Sto...oh..uh, you meant her 1st COSTUME appearance. My bad.
Damn bro, you beat me to it. Lol, I believe her very first appearance was emerging naked from the pool and Wolverine having a look on his face that told you he was trying oh so desperately not to pop his errrrrr....claws.

Damn bro, you beat me to it. Lol, I believe her very first appearance was emerging naked from the pool and Wolverine having a look on his face that told you he was trying oh so desperately not to pop his errrrrr....claws.

that a common mistake. her first appearance was......................................on the cover..................................well that's my arguement out the window.

I wish we had some kind of civilian female body that we could use swappable heads on. We have that male suited body which I have seen used for: Tony Stark, Red Skull, and the given JJJ, Chameleon, Hammerhead, Coulson, etc. It'll probably come back around with Professor X, but I'm REALLY wanting to see him in a field jumpsuit / boiler suit which the sculpt could in turn be used for a Hank Pym figure, a Longshot update (though the Star-Lord/AIM body will do fine for Longshot) or a literal "army" builder.

But for women, if we have a suited / jacket & skirt female in heels that could swap out for Moira MacTaggert, Valerie Cooper, Victoria Hand, Abigail Brand?... that could be lucrative for us wanting that civilian woman. The way they gave us a Dirk Anger head (which I think works better on the new Taskmaster body than the Nick Fury body), and a Silvermane head (which blends PERFECTLY on the 3pack Ultron body with the red bubbles because the gun metal colors match seamlessly), just including the heads of these civilian females and giving us ONE body would definitely get me buying multiples to beef up the collection. They can do a black outfit version and a royal blue version, but now I'm just drifting off into dreamland...

There are just a specific few that I feel must absolutely be done in the next wave. Psylocke has to be on the top of the list. The body's as easy as a repaint of the Ms. Marvel figure. I'm hoping the reason they've kept us waiting so long is cuz they're trying to get the head sculpt just right. Anyone who has the exclusive knows it is nowhere near the quality of the ones being put out under the Infinite brand so to reuse that one one the awesome Moonstone buck would be an absolute waste.

Next is Gambit. Everyone knows no matter how many costume updates he's gone thru over the years, the one version everyone wants is the 90's trench coat version. The outlook of this used to scare me cuz I was so sure they would use the standard trench coat buck with those stick arms that were only suitable for the MCU Fury, but with the new "jacket" arms on both the Old Man Logan and Shatterstar figures it looks like all the parts are in place to get us a good one. Similar to Psylocke I hope they were just holding out on this one till they could get it perfect.

My last Must Have is Beast, whether it be a large single card fig or BAF. I am truly afraid they might try doing this one the Jackal mold but it's just way too small. To make us wait this long only to make it on an off scale buck would be absolute heartbreak. I really hope they make the right decision and do this as the BAF. It would be one of the smaller BAF's and it would push the possibilty of getting a Strong Guy anytime soon a little further down the line, but if you're gonna do it you might as well do it right.

Others I would "like" to see are Nightcrawler, Excalibur Rachel (good pull DSmith), Emma Frost redo (possibly in black), Madelyne Pryor as Goblin Queen, Cannonball, Domino, Longshot, Bishop, Pyro, Toad, Sunspot, Marrow, Avengers Rogue, M (that would be a dream come true), Siryn, Forge & for God's sake, do a Madrox already. You will sell tons of them. I personally would seek out and purchase no fewer than a dozen, I swear.

I also have a very good idea about Wolfsbane. They could do a 7 or 8 figure wave where 6 figures could have BAF pieces for her Apex Wolf form and as one of the actual figures in the wave you could have a Wolfsbane in her wolf hybrid state and instead of a BAF piece they could include her complete lupine wolf form. It's a brilliant way to accomplish figure showing several phases of her power set.

And how about something way off the beaten path. What about a Dani Moonstar as a Vakyrie? Just a pipe dream probably. We're still all waiting for the first Moonstar.

It seems wasteful to produce any first-run character in Legends in an X-Factor costume, when the other characters from that team have been released in versions NOT pertaining to that team.

Havok - Classic; then in Uncanny avengers costume

Polaris - Classic

Quicksilver - Classic (although he did wear this costume in X-Factor)

Even the Multiple Man prototype featured his X-Factor Investigations costume, not the 90s team uniform.

If Wolfsbane is released, it would make more sense for her to be in her X-Force costume (since we have more of that team in Archangel, Deadpool, Wolverine, Psylocke, Fantomex...)

Or she could be in a New Mutants costume since that team has been untouched so far and could still be/needs to be built on.

MONRON, I like your idea, I just can't picture Hasbro investing that much in the Wolfsbane character, as much as I'd love to see what you're describing. The most I'd hope for is a human Rahne with a full wolf pack-in, and possibly an interchangeable head and arms, and MAYBE lower legs (from the knee down), with some creative license on one of her costumes to justify less need to swappable parts. Bonus of the wolf pack-in is that it can be re-released in a white version for one of Alpha Flight's Snowbird transformations.

LOL, now we're comparing apples to oranges.

First... Cyclops is a headlining character, original X-Man, and central to the X-universe, arguably one of the most identifiable characters in the lore, with the likes of Wolverine and Storm. He's been featured in nearly every movie and animated series ever produced about X-Men. Wolfsbane (and Havok and Polaris, for that matter) have not had anywhere near that amount of exposure.

In Marvel Legends, which has been around since 2002, it was 4 years before we got our first (classic) Havok figure (in a store-exclusive wave, and we received 3 Cyclops releases before that, 2 costumes as variants in ML, one in X-Men Classics), and then the second (modern) Alex Summers came out 14 years after the line launched. Polaris is due out for the first time in the 15th year of Marvel Legends (alongside a remake of Cyclops in Jim Lee costume from X-Men Classics 2004). Being that it took that long, to get just the basic iconic looks of 2nd tier characters like Alex and Lorna I'm saying it could be just as long a wait all over again for another costume version of these characters. At best, Wolfsbane is 3rd tier. So how many versions should we really expect to receive of her from ML? In a line that just recently started producing mutant characters again after a drought that went on for years?

And, including X-Men Classics, and upcoming Warlock wave, Cyclops has seen 8 action figures released, within that has had two of those costumes remade (Jim Lee & Astonishing), and is rumored to be paired with Dark Phoenix in a later release this year, which would be figure #9 (and possible costume remake #3. We can't expect the treatment to be the same for all mutant characters ever created. That's not realistic.

90s X-Factor is the only version of the comic I ever read regularly, in real time. Loved it. I went back after the fact to read the Madrox-centric "X-Factor Investigations" run of the title, which also featured Wolfsbane. As much as I identify with and appreciate those versions/costumes of the characters... Just logic and 14+ years of collecting this line is telling me that version is not in the cards. And it would frustrate me, as a collector, to get a random Wolfsbane in a 90s X-Factor costume, and then sit and wait another 14 years to get other characters in costumes to display with her... But perhaps you're more patient and hopelessly optimistic than I am, and my goal is not to rob you of that, so in MY long-winded way, I'll just wish you luck that you get your heart's desire.

Exactly. Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey, those are the three character that will always have some form in the X-men line.

Basically since the line isn't based on a single character, like it like for Spider-man, Captain America, Ant-man etc, they have to use something to draw the first timers into the line.