3 3/4" sighting and hauls

thedevilsdue06

No Spider-man Homecoming 2 packs at my closest Target. Honestly, after last year's underwhelming releases, my enthusiasm for this scale is pretty much gone. I think if Shocker's quilting had been sculpted instead of painted on, I'd be more excited.

On the other hand, I picked up some more of the articulated Star Wars figures from Wal-Mart today. I got Kylo Ren and Reys, plus a Stormtrooper. Pretty awesome getting them on clearance for less than $6 each! :)

Got the Vulture/Spiderman two pack yesterday at Target. (are these store exclusives? I can't find them anywhere else)

Really impressed with the figures. Spidey is skinny which is good--although he might technically be bigger than any previous movie Spiderman figure in this scale.

Vulture is pretty cool and has good leg articulation. The wings look a little undersized from the movie so I may get the action feature vulture figure and modify those wings to fit.

What do you guys think of the Shocker figure now that you have it? Of the figures that were revealed at last year's SDCC, he was really the only one that I was looking forward to. The painted-on "quilting" of his costume looks disappointing to me in the pics I've seen, but I know that sometimes, in-hand, the actual figure looks quite a bit better (Doc Ock and Armored Spidey are two recent figures that come to mind).

What do you guys think of the Shocker figure now that you have it? Of the figures that were revealed at last year's SDCC, he was really the only one that I was looking forward to. The painted-on "quilting" of his costume looks disappointing to me in the pics I've seen, but I know that sometimes, in-hand, the actual figure looks quite a bit better (Doc Ock and Armored Spidey are two recent figures that come to mind).

it's "ok," and passable,

(at this point beggars can't be chooses right?)

wish it was sculpted lines but overall the toy fits better than the old Spidey Helicopter set one I was using.

the lines were pretty clean painted on mine.

It's a pretty decent Thunderbolts Shocker. I'd still like a replacement (or at least some gauntlets) for the original that they did in the Spider-Man line several years ago, but this one is serviceable. My only real complaint is that it uses those awful lower legs that Hasbro is pumping out lately where the ankles never seem to fit into a neutral position due to the wonky way they cut the joints.

it's "ok," and passable,

(at this point beggars can't be chooses right?)

wish it was sculpted lines but overall the toy fits better than the old Spidey Helicopter set one I was using.

the lines were pretty clean painted on mine.

It's a pretty decent Thunderbolts Shocker. I'd still like a replacement (or at least some gauntlets) for the original that they did in the Spider-Man line several years ago, but this one is serviceable. My only real complaint is that it uses those awful lower legs that Hasbro is pumping out lately where the ankles never seem to fit into a neutral position due to the wonky way they cut the joints.

Thanks for the feedback regarding the Shocker figure, guys. I just wish it was getting better reviews. I guess at this point "okay" is not too bad of a rating.

I also was concerned about the figure which was shown at Toyfair, but the body isn't terrible (I agree the quilting would have been better had it been sculpted on). The real issues I have with the figure are the lower feet/ankles mentioned above (absolutely terrible), as well as the head. I don't care for the painted head, to me the brown on his crown creates an odd appearance. I have ordered a Shocker head from a caster (probably from the previously released figure) and intend to paint it and use it as a substitution.

• 2 weeks later...