Some dirty business at Walmart today

Marconius17

the cash register screen most likely will not say "DVD" or "Toy" when they scan the item.

look at your receipt, that is pretty much what it says on the screen.

sometimes it says the name of the character or a title of a movie or whatever.. and if it's long, the title will be abbreviated.

just looking at a receipt I have in front of me, for a Hotwheel car, it says "HW FOIL" ... so do you think a cashier would know what that is supposed to be?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know im highly disliked on here so my response wont make a difference and i can careless what people think and neither should this person. I have found a couple of posters on here scalping on ebay and i wont mention any names but thats just as worse. Your biggest mistake was posting this, keep your mischievous acts to yourself.

If that employee gets fired.. It's their own fault. When you scan an item they have a screen where the barcoded item pops up. If the employee didn't realize that it said "DVD" or "CD" or whatever.. that's their fault, maybe they should pay more attention.

I'm not saying what your friend did was right. I wouldn't do it. But the fact that this friend was able to get away with it isn't their fault.

I agree that you should really keep this between you and your friend.. But I think everyone is giving you too much sh*t for it.. You didn't do it.. You bought the line at full price..

That's the internet for you, I guess..

Tell me that if you had to stand behind a register for 8 hours a day for minimum wage, scanning hundreds of items, that you would check the screen on every single one. Yeah, they probably should have caught it, but they also wouldn't have had anything to catch if this guy weren't such an @$$hole.

When it comes right down to it, what your buddy did was basically shoplifting. His Captain America figure would not approve. :ohmy:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing! Cap would not be proud, for sure.

I'm kind of surprised, even though I probably shouldn't be, at the number of replies that focus on how lucky this guy is that he didn't get caught. That's the lowest level of moral reasoning, and I'd like to think that as adults, we would all be a little more developed than that.

i know im highly disliked on here so my response wont make a difference and i can careless what people think and neither should this person. I have found a couple of posters on here scalping on ebay and i wont mention any names but thats just as worse. Your biggest mistake was posting this, keep your mischievous acts to yourself.

Are you comparing scalping.... to stealing? Serious?

If that employee gets fired.. It's their own fault. When you scan an item they have a screen where the barcoded item pops up. If the employee didn't realize that it said "DVD" or "CD" or whatever.. that's their fault, maybe they should pay more attention.

I'm not saying what your friend did was right. I wouldn't do it. But the fact that this friend was able to get away with it isn't their fault.

I agree that you should really keep this between you and your friend.. But I think everyone is giving you too much sh*t for it.. You didn't do it.. You bought the line at full price..

Tell me that if you had to stand behind a register for 8 hours a day for minimum wage, scanning hundreds of items, that you would check the screen on every single one. Yeah, they probably should have caught it, but they also wouldn't have had anything to catch if this guy weren't such an @$$hole.

Guess what.. I work at target.. I do scan hundreds of items.. I almost always look at the bar code either before or after i scan the item.. And most times you need to press a few keys for that screen to put the payment through, so there's no reason not to see what the last few items you scanned were

Also, Idk about you, but when if i were to scan a toy, and "Gone With The Wind" popped up, I'd look at that more closely..

Tell me that if you had to stand behind a register for 8 hours a day for minimum wage, scanning hundreds of items, that you would check the screen on every single one. Yeah, they probably should have caught it, but they also wouldn't have had anything to catch if this guy weren't such an @$hole.

Guess what.. I work at target.. I do scan hundreds of items.. I almost always look at the bar code either before or after i scan the item.. And most times you need to press a few keys for that screen to put the payment through, so there's no reason not to see what the last few items you scanned were

Also, Idk about you, but when if i were to scan a toy, and "Gone With The Wind" popped up, I'd look at that more closely..

Wow. I would not have expected someone who works in retail for a living to not fault the CRIMINAL for deceiving a fellow cashier, but it's a weird world, I guess.

Good thing you work at Target which is way too classy a store for anyone to ever pull something like that on you. But even if they did, I'm sure you would catch it because you check every barcode and the screen after you scan each item. Kudos.

Funny thing is something like this happened to me, but it was on the flip side and it really pissed me off because it made me look like a theif and scammer in front of a line of many people in my community. Now that I think about it she was just doing her job but it bothered me because I was being treated Like some scum who apperantly do this a lot. I walk and find one of those rumbler trucks with ray mysterio in it for my son it was on Clearence for $10. Well if you know it opens and transformes in to a wrestling ring. So I go to check out and it rings up as something along the lines of Ring Not SEMI TRUCK, so she holds up the line, calls a manager, and I Feel I am being treated like the Shyt that actually do steal. Any way I got it because thats what it scanned. Some people just have no PRIDE and thats the problem, Pure INDIVIDUALISM, some dont care about every one else around them and how it truly affects every body.

why should the cashier get the blame? something was stolen. thats a crime that shouldnt have taken place. so it starts there. a lot of products are discounted to and not everyone knows the difference about marvel or dc or neca. i havent been to any walmart or target in my life but i doubt that they just sell 5 items. i know that i always check my screen but sometimes you dont pay attention when someones talking to you or you get distracted somehow.

My two cents, Karma will eventually catch up to guy who did this, whether it be jail time, a criminal record, or some other awful thing. Being a petty crook for the thrill of it has no justification. If a person would resort to this kind of behavior for TOYS, then how many other disreputable things would said individual do? In the end, this kind of thing hurts the rest of us who actually do the right thing and pay for our hobby. I am glad that you got your set of Wave 2, because that Walmart won't be ordering more for a while because their computers and records show they still have a case in stock even when the pegs say otherwise. So when you are upset at not finding Wave 3 there, call your buddy and thank him. Just remember to check when visiting hours are.

Huh.. They will just jump to the next store that sells them, and Kill and ruin their whole area around them. Yeah its true Managers and regular employees have scanned the barcodes for me at walmart and said they only reoder after every figure on the pegs have been sold at Least for a short produced Item like said Marvel Legends.

Anyone remember going for DCUC's and not finding baf pieces in the box. It made buying them at retail pretty difficult. There's alot of ways people chip away at toy lines. I agree with you on what you're saying about the line dragon. I'm way past the point of lecturing my friend on morals and but I think there's alot of folks who buy they're stuff legitimately and I don't see legends dying out because of this. I imagine every line deals with a certain degree of loss when the demand is so high and the supplies are so limited.

Most cashiers catch #$@# like that around me. I bought a McFarlane football fig because it had been marked to $1.97. What happened was they were really $10.97 but the dude that tagged them was too lazy to put decimals in and they were all marked 1097. Well this particular one he missed the 0 so it was 197. They honored it but she made sure the code on the clearance sticker was a toy dept. code and not some DVD or whatever else.

on a side note... one time I was returning a few Marvel Universe figures to Target.

the guy was sure that I had opened them because they are taped in the back. I tried to explain to him that that is how they come from the factory. He proceeded to open them all and look at them to make sure nothing was funky going on.

I told him nobody would want to buy them if he opens them all up.

His reply, "It's okay, I am going to mark them all as defective and we will get a credit from the manufacturer"

I wanted to slap him.

I wouldn't take a chance of getting caught and going to jail just to save a some cash on some figures. Imagine the embarrassment of getting caught, going to jail, being in the paper and going to court over toys lol. You'd most likely lose your job once they found out about it too.

I've been with friends when I was a teenager and witnessed them stealing. I'd just usually walk away and try and not be around them because I didn't want to be included in their little stealing adventure. However I wouldn't turn them in because it's none of my business and that's between them and the store. I mean who wants to be the guy who tells on you? I'd tell them not to steal when I'm with them and they'd realize I didn't condone that and they'd stop.

Next time just tell your friend it's not your cup of tea and ask him not to do that when your with him. You could also knock some sense into him and help him realize what's at stake if he gets caught. The fines, jail time and embarrassment aren't worth saving some money on toys.

My best friend got caught for Shoplifting in 2005 or 2006, can't remember. He bought model kit that came with water slide decals and when he was putting one of them on it ripped. The next time he went to Wal-Mart he opened up one of those same model kits and took it's stickers. He didn't think it was a big deal but as he walked to his car he was approached by a Wal-Mart employee and they asked for what he took. Like an idiot he handed them the stickers and they called the police and he was arrested. After being bailed out of jail, court fines and community service he pretty much learned his lesson for good. I still make fun of him for it to this day because it's one of the most silly things I've ever heard someone going to jail for lol. Him and his girlfriend of 4 years were having problems too and she had met someone else, after knowing he was arrested for stealing toy car stickers she finally decided it was time to call it quits. He didn't lose his job for it though thank god because they never found out lol.

on a side note... one time I was returning a few Marvel Universe figures to Target.

the guy was sure that I had opened them because they are taped in the back. I tried to explain to him that that is how they come from the factory. He proceeded to open them all and look at them to make sure nothing was funky going on.

I told him nobody would want to buy them if he opens them all up.

His reply, "It's okay, I am going to mark them all as defective and we will get a credit from the manufacturer"

I wanted to slap him.

That's the one thing I like about Wal-Mart lol. You could take a figure with missing arms back in a different package and they'd take it back without question. Not that I've taken back a figure with missing arms, least not in awhile haha.

there are so many things wrong with that.

1. It's THEFT.

2. Now their inventory will be screwed up. Now they will have that entire set showing up as not selling, so they will likely not receive more. And when they do inventory it will show up and bite the department manager in the ass, up to and including termination if that kind of behavior happens too much. Im all for finding a way to get a good deal. But theft isn't a good deal. It's just theft. It's bad for retailers and ultimately collectors. You should at least have the courtesy to call and tell them anonymously so they can fix it and get more product in, and possibly save some poor persons job.

Yeah thats the best thing to do considering, Turning a blind eye and all. Maybe some dont care what could happen but to atone and make up for the whole situation could be good. Thats what I would do Devilsdue, good idea on the calling in. But you know they are going to try and grill him and get a full confession with his friends name, and thats the problem.

Sounds like this could be a good episode of "What Would You Do?"

Oh yeah, and F' Karma! If it really existed I'd be dead by now for all the crazy crap I've done.

So would most of you if Karma was based on an accumulation of bad deeds done over a period of time in your life.

The truth of the matter is most bad luck or bad things that happen to you are simply because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or because you didn't listen to your Mom and look both ways before crossing the street.

I'm also going to say that 80% of diseases and bad health are due to life style choices and poor eating habits.

So remember, KARMA IS IN THAT TWINKIE OR OTHER CRAP PEOPLE SHOVEL IN THEIR MOUTHS EVERDAY.

DON"T EAT IT.

Maybe Ronald Mcdonald is actually Karma, which is ironic in itself because the original guy who played him became a Hindu; bought a farm and let retired cows live there until they died of natural causes.

By the way Hinduism is the religion that Karma stems from so unless you practice it I don't think you have to worry about it.

If you ask me it sounds like a lot of you are secretly upset because you wish it was you who thought of it.

LOL, I can't wait to hear the backlash on this one from all you superstitious fools.

Oh no I've been struck by lightning!!!

MUH HA HA HA HA HA!

No seriously though, I'm having chest pains from laughing too hard..........

:)

Oh no I couldn't get the emoticon to work it must be Karma!

Oh by the way, about the cashier, she or he should have been watching their screen when they scanned the product not their hands.

I work in retail too and pay careful attention to everything I do when I'm on cash.

I'm not perfect and admit to making mistakes in the past but what the worker did is just blatant incompetence.

She should be more alert to the fact that creepy people like your so called "friend" if it was really another person at all, are doing this stuff all the time.

That's what morning team meetings are all about.

Have a great day.

:)

DAMN EMOTICONS!

THEY NEVER WORK!

What you have done is flat out wrong. Also the computer at that Walmart wont be ordering anymore legends figs because it still thinks that they still have them since they were never sold. So not only did you steal but you screwed the other people who would potentially want to purchase figures in the future. This is ine of the biggest problems why certain retailers don't reorder product because their on hands are in correct.