Rumour!!! Spider-man wave 2 2018

tarot

if true, and that a big if as I believe Hasbro aren't naming individual figure anymore.

• Cloak and Dagger - Finally!!! and I called it. I knew they would be coming in a Spidey wave. though they really should be a 2-pack but since they are so lesser know then I accept them being in the same wave at least.
  • Doc Ock - This is the one I'm most worry about. not cause I don't think Hasbro can't pull it off, cause lets face it they are doing great work, I just worry that they are going to mess up the tentacles. if not they might do the Superior Octopus version from the secret empire.
  • Elektra - Comic book classic? yes please.
  • Daredevil - My guess is a ANAD version (which would be a straight repaint of the Classic one) or like some people were thinking the Armor version which could be a remold of the Moon Knight figure.
  • House Of M Spidey - I'm probably the only one glad with this as the old TB one really needs to be replaced.
  • Scarlet Spider - so obviously the new "hated" Ben Reilly version. (although I thought the design was actually nice).

My guess for the BAF would be Kingpin given how many characters in this wave are connected to him (C+D, Elektra, DD, Spidey)

if true, and that a big if as I believe Hasbro aren't naming individual figure anymore.

• Cloak and Dagger - Finally!!! and I called it. I knew they would be coming in a Spidey wave. though they really should be a 2-pack but since they are so lesser know then I accept them being in the same wave at least.
  • Doc Ock - This is the one I'm most worry about. not cause I don't think Hasbro can't pull it off, cause lets face it they are doing great work, I just worry that they are going to mess up the tentacles. if not they might do the Superior Octopus version from the secret empire.
  • Daredevil - My guess is a ANAD version (which would be a straight repaint of the Classic one) or like some people were thinking the Armor version which could be a remold of the Moon Knight figure.
  • House Of M Spidey - I'm probably the only one glad with this as the old TB one really needs to be replaced.
  • Scarlet Spider - so obviously the new "hated" Ben Reilly version. (although I thought the design was actually nice).

My guess for the BAF would be Kingpin given how many characters in this wave are connected to him (C+D, Elektra, DD, Spidey)

I for one would like an ANAD Daredevil. I think your repaint theory is spot on with the exception of the the hands and boots. I think they'll repaint the last Iron Fist's hands red and give him someone's boots. In any case, it'll be a kitbash.

So, I'm gonna wait on the Netflix Elektra then...if this is true, it'll be the comic version. However, it may also be the current Elektra tho. That would be a huge no for me

I'm thinking Doc Ock would be Superior, and the may not have bendy tentacles, probably pre-posed but all different.

Daredevil would more than likely be ANAD.

While we all know Dagger is a repaint (I'm guessing Silk body with Dazzler head)...it'll be interesting to see how they do the cloak.

I'm still waiting to see Prowler.

I personally think most of them are great & feel any one of them is just as likely as any that have appeared in the Spidey waves. We knew C&D was coming especially with the show on its way. Elektra would be a pleasant surprise considering I though it would come in the next Knights wave. Daredevil in black would be awesome, especially with alternate bandaged fists & maybe a demon Shadowlands alternated head. We've been waiting for a Doc Ock forever but I get a bad feeling we might be getting some Build-A-Tenticles BS after that last wave. I really, really hope the Scarlet Spider is another shot at the Kane version using the Reaper mold. House of M Spider? Meh......I'm way past giving a damn about that one. I'd have thought a new Iron Spider was in order before they dug that one up. Oh well, that's 6 for the shelf & 1 for storage bin hell. For the most part, it looks to be a decent wave. Assuming it's true, of course. If this wave does manage to dodge the Finish-A-Doc Ock shanghai and we get an actual BAF I'm hoping for a Romita, Jr. style Kingpin or maybe a Mr. Hyde, though he might be more suited for a Knights wave.

If this were true I'd personally hope that Scarlet Spider is Kaine on a better body than the previous release. Although I'd imagine it will probably be the new Ben Reilly costume (that lasted two issues).

Okay, totally out of left-field, and I know there's ZERO chance of this happening, even if it can be done in the first place, but I'd love to have the BAF turn out to be Leopardon. I mean Hasbro seems to be mining the crap out of the Spider-Verse story-line anyway, and Leopardon was featured fairly prominently in said story-line. So why not?

Plus, giant robots are cool.

Unfortunately toei share the rights for leopardon so that is also a issue

Okay, totally out of left-field, and I know there's ZERO chance of this happening, even if it can be done in the first place, but I'd love to have the BAF turn out to be Leopardon. I mean Hasbro seems to be mining the crap out of the Spider-Verse story-line anyway, and Leopardon was featured fairly prominently in said story-line. So why not?

Plus, giant robots are cool.

I'd LOVE for it to happen, but as tarot said, Toei owns partial rights to his use. Not that it couldn't be worked out though...

• 3 months later...

Gotta love Rektangular. The best thing about him is that he's usually really spot on. He doesn't like to run with too much conjecture. I was pretty confident that this was legit just for the fact it came from him. The only thing that makes me questions this just a tiny bit is the actual listing of "House of M Spider-man". I've never seen any Spider-Man figure specified in this way. In the past they were never listed as "Symbiote Spider-Man" or "Cosmic Spider-Man" or "Ultimate Spider-Man". They've always just been listed as "Spider-Man", leaving us to speculation though most times some kind of information leaks as to exactly what version it is. The fact that it's so succinctly listed as "House of M" gives me pause. Still loving the line up tho, save for the mentioned House of M Spider who's all but completely irrelevant at this point. Oh well, at least there's no MCU in this wave.

Sounds pretty cool. I thought I would be all wrapped up on my Spidey collection after the Lizard wave but they managed to lure me back for one more after that. Cloak, Dagger, Elektra and Doc Ock, WOW! I was planning on being content with my Toybiz version of Doc Ock. Too bad they could not sneak in a Firestar in there as well.

Really excited for Cloak and Dagger, Elektra and Doc Ock. I hope Elektra is the classic version as well as Doc Ock, they are giving us every classic Spider-Man villain wave by wave.

Daredevil should be in his black ANAD costume.

It would be really cool if the BAF is Scorpion in his classic costume with articulated tail

• 5 weeks later...

bumbing this. According to the Amazon links, the description has the BAF as SP///DR. Interesting. Not something I thought of but more Female spider is always a most for me and the fact that she exists in the same universe as Evangeline and Ghost in a shell make it worth while.

I can already people whining about this but I like it just for the completist in me and Spider-verse (still my second favourite Spider story.)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Peni_Parker_(Earth-14512)

At this point I'm just like "whatever" man. As long as it's new & it's different & it isn't some booshit like the Vulture Finish-A-Figure I'm cool. It only pushes my suspicion that the Kingpin BAF will most likely end up in this year's Knights wave. I wanna say it's the only one that makes sense, but then again what made any sense about Man-Thing in the first wave? And what makes sense about Sasquatch in the Deadpool wave, for that matter? Nothing makes sense anymore. Here's to seeing a Strong Guy BAF in the next Avengers Infinity War wave.

Team Strong Guy for life.

At this point I'm just like "whatever" man. As long as it's new & it's different & it isn't some booshit like the Vulture Finish-A-Figure I'm cool. It only pushes my suspicion that the Kingpin BAF will most likely end up in this year's Knights wave. I wanna say it's the only one that makes sense, but then again what made any sense about Man-Thing in the first wave? And what makes sense about Sasquatch in the Deadpool wave, for that matter? Nothing makes sense anymore. Here's to seeing a Strong Guy BAF in the next Avengers Infinity War wave.

Actually, Hasbro tries to find some connection (no matter how loose) between the wave headliner and the Build-A-Figure. I was told this back at Comic-Con 2017 when I was asked to guess what the BAF would be. I asked for a hint; was it a loose or hard connection? Tony said "loose". I of course repped "Team Sauron" (Weapon X program ties and admittedly, my heart pick), but when I got serious, I stated Sasquatch. Dwight and Tony (who asked me to guess) gave one another that "wide eyed" look, and the people listening in asked me "why THAT pick"? I said "even though I can't recall them ever even being in a comic together, they're both Canadian. Doesn't get any looser than that! Of course they couldn't confirm my pick at the time.

Actually, Hasbro tries to find some connection (no matter how loose) between the wave headliner and the Build-A-Figure. I was told this back at Comic-Con 2017 when I was asked to guess what the BAF would be. I asked for a hint; was it a loose or hard connection? Tony said "loose". I of course repped "Team Sauron" (Weapon X program ties and admittedly, my heart pick), but when I got serious, I stated Sasquatch. Dwight and Tony (who asked me to guess) gave one another that "wide eyed" look, and the people listening in asked me "why THAT pick"? I said "even though I can't recall them ever even being in a comic together, they're both Canadian. Doesn't get any looser than that! Of course they couldn't confirm my pick at the time.

Sasquatch was in the first story for deadpool first ongoing series, the one after the mini series

Yep, I suppose they did occupy the same space at one time. Even so, that's still as loose an association as you can get. I'm actually as surprised as the onlookers that were questioning Rukk's pick that he was able to make such a bold prediction & actually be right though they didn't admit it at the time. With that kinda rational based on such brief encounters Strong Guy should legitimately have a chance to show in an Avengers wave, and Sauron even more so. But we all know that's not gonna happen. In all actuality I think the biggest determining factor for puzzle piecing him into the wave was that Toybiz had done one (and a pretty spot on one) and Hasbro was bound & determined to try to outdo it. I think it was probably Rukk's understanding of that type of Hasbro logic as well that led him to take that eyebrow raising guess. I'm not sure about anyone else but it blew my mind.

Now, can anyone explain Hasbro's mad logic for Man-Thing? Wait allow me. The link lies with Daredevil. Daredevil on many occasions teams with Spider-Man. The real one, y'know Peter Parker. And both Daredevil and Spider-Man had temporary stints on the FF. Since DD has fought side by side with both Spider-Man who is half man (indicative by his name) and Thing who is all thing (also indicative by name) it only makes sense to have Man-Thing as the BAF. Oh, also DD fought against and side by side with Man-Thing on occasion, if you wanna take the easy way out. Or you could just administer the Hasbro logic of "TB did it, so we can do it better". And they did, save for TB's superior paint apps. If they can do it with Sasquatch remains to be seen. He does have to be taller than Juggernaut to even be considered a success. If they can't at least get that part right it's an immediate failure in my book. From preliminary images it's not looking so good thus far. Is it just me?

Yep, I suppose they did occupy the same space at one time. Even so, that's still as loose an association as you can get. I'm actually as surprised as the onlookers that were questioning Rukk's pick that he was able to make such a bold prediction & actually be right though they didn't admit it at the time. With that kinda rational based on such brief encounters Strong Guy should legitimately have a chance to show in an Avengers wave, and Sauron even more so. But we all know that's not gonna happen. In all actuality I think the biggest determining factor for puzzle piecing him into the wave was that Toybiz had done one (and a pretty spot on one) and Hasbro was bound & determined to try to outdo it. I think it was probably Rukk's understanding of that type of Hasbro logic as well that led him to take that eyebrow raising guess. I'm not sure about anyone else but it blew my mind.

Now, can anyone explain Hasbro's mad logic for Man-Thing? Wait allow me. The link lies with Daredevil. Daredevil on many occasions teams with Spider-Man. The real one, y'know Peter Parker. And both Daredevil and Spider-Man had temporary stints on the FF. Since DD has fought side by side with both Spider-Man who is half man (indicative by his name) and Thing who is all thing (also indicative by name) it only makes sense to have Man-Thing as the BAF. Oh, also DD fought against and side by side with Man-Thing on occasion, if you wanna take the easy way out. Or you could just administer the Hasbro logic of "TB did it, so we can do it better". And they did, save for TB's superior paint apps. If they can do it with Sasquatch remains to be seen. He does have to be taller than Juggernaut to even be considered a success. If they can't at least get that part right it's an immediate failure in my book. From preliminary images it's not looking so good thus far. Is it just me?

Leave it to you to belabor the obvious Monron! Of course that's the connection between Daredevil and the Man-Thing! Everyone knows that!! LOLOL. That was hilarious. As for your closing statement, I'm afraid...IT AIN'T YOU!!! You're absolutely right about Sasquatch needing to be bigger than the Juggernaut. Problem is..HE AIN'T! Officially, Langkowski is 10' tall. Juggernaut is currently 9'5. Now the BAF is based on classic Juggy (who is 6'10) so Sasquatch should be far and away larger than Marko (hell, he's way bigger than the Hulk). From the photos I've seen, he doesn't look to be any bigger than the aforementioned Man-Thing (who's 7' even), and without pulling mine out, I think Cain is taller. I could be wrong. It could've been all about angles, but I'm with you; he needs to to be taller. The funny thing is maybe Hasbro is going by how artists have been drawing him lately, which is very small (for Sasquatch). As a stickler for accuracy, I was pleased with the size they made Thanos, but if they're going to go by artists' renditions (something ML collectors unfortunately seem to do), then Thanos needs to be bigger.

• 2 months later...