1. Ms. Marvel - she started strong but puttered out in the end as is the case with most female characters. No surprise.
2. Spider UK - called it. New buck or not, he's every bit as boring as the comic character. Still not as boring as Karl tho.
3. Shocker - this actually was a shocker to me. I thought he'd rate higher as he in such demand. Was it the massive head? Maybe? Probably? Hell ya it was.
4. Jackal - right about where I thought he'd fall when all the dust cleared. Still a nice figure.
5. Spidey 2099 - love the look, love the new buck. He was my 3rd personal favorite. Size of the melon was a little much on this one too.
6. Black Spidey - he's just such a cool looking update.
7. Green Goblin - got mine online & have not seen even one in the wild.
1. Star Lord - please, make them stop. What....? We're getting 2 more this year? Well at least one of them will have to be a comic version, right? What....? Both are gonna be simple MCU costume changes? And,one of them is gonna come with his dad who looks like that hippie I buy my organic vegetables from at the farmers market on Sunday? Oh, the humanity!
2. Drax - as I said, a new head and a new ashy complexion does not a new figure make.
3. Star Lord - nuff said.
4. Star Lord - maybe a little more said.
5. Yondu, Vance Astro & Kid Nova - they all seem to be moving about the same. And I don't care, call him Nova all you want, he's still effing KID NOVA.
6. Darkhawk - this was an amazingly executed figure. Wish they could all be this good.
7. Angela - apply above comments. Everything about her is unique. This is a beautiful, awesome effort & the scalpers have been out en force. Good luck if you ain't found her yet.
1. Wolverine - tho I think this will change once the casual fans catch up with the hardcore hunters. Wolvie always brings the ratings.
2. Sunfire - I personally love this figure but I think they're actually giving these things away with every bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos at Walgreens.
3. Shatterstar - this design only held up for like 3 years in the 90s. In today's world it's beyond cheesy.
4. Dazzler - I got over the skates but I guess 70s disco style & ankle articulation don't play well together. News to me.
5. Cyclops - honestly had no problem locating him.
6. Polaris - she only slightly edges out Cyclops, but most likely cuz we've already had a few of him already.
7. Colossus - he's big and bad ayass & he ain't nowhere to be found. Love this figure.
BTW, I live & hunt in the TX, NM, OK tri-state area. How's it look in your neck of the woods?
19 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by KiloinNorcal )
First of all its hitting shelves.
I think both figures look really good but I really want to switch the jacket from Yondu on to Starlord. I have been hoping for a movie Stardlord for quite some time but like his long jacket look better. Do you think it would be fairly easy and painless for Yondu to lend Starlord his jacket?
Have you heard?
The Sandman wave Shocker is popping up in stores with a running change/variant (not clear yet which), where he features a "Thunderbolts" logo belt buckle in gold on his costume in the midsection. Anyone who has the Boomerang figure, the emblem is in the same place on Boomerang, but on him the emblem is gray.
I heard about this recently, and started googling pics, but only came up with one image.
I went hunting today in NY. I went to Forbidden Planet (comic book store near union square), Walgreens (union square), Toys R Us Express (34th street), and Midtown Comics (40th street). Across those four stores, I saw 11 Shocker figures, and only ONE of them had the Thunderbolts emblem on the costume (at Midtown Comics, one figure out of the five Shockers they had).
Anyone else heard about this, or interested in picking up this version, even if you picked up the blank original?
407 Views · 10 Replies ( Last reply by CobraSaboteur87 )
I swear I read it was going to be a Walmart exclusive and thought I even saw a picture but on Ebay its always listed as a Walgreens exclusive. Do we know which one it is? Are the close to hitting the wild? I am kinda hoping Walgreens because between the 8-10 I have in my city I should be able to track down two copies of the figure.
759 Views · 24 Replies ( Last reply by CobraSaboteur87 )
How do you all feel about Marvel Legends 6 Inch Figures based on Marvel Cartoons and Marvel Video Games.
Blizzard (90s Iron Man Series)
Villains Wave 4.jpg 41.27KB 2 downloads
Morph (90s X-Men Series)
X-Men Wave 12.jpg 40.28KB 1 downloads
Spyke (X-Men Evolution)
X-Men Wave 5.jpg 39.09KB 0 downloads
Gargoyle (90 Hulk Series)
Incredible Hulk Wave 7.jpg 36.52KB 0 downloads
Zzzax (90s Hulk Series)
Incredible Hulk Wave 12.jpg 43.16KB 1 downloads
Madman (2003 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 13.jpg 38.8KB 0 downloads
Flux (2003 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 5.jpg 46.64KB 1 downloads
Ravage (2003 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 4.jpg 36.94KB 0 downloads
Half-Life (2003 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 9.jpg 41.55KB 1 downloads
Mercy (Hulk Ultimate Destruction)
Incredible Hulk Wave 3.jpg 36.79KB 0 downloads
Vector (2008 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 8.jpg 41.51KB 1 downloads
Vapor (2008 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 6.jpg 41.1KB 1 downloads
X-Ray (2008 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 10.jpg 45.64KB 1 downloads
Ironclad (2008 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 11.jpg 44.73KB 1 downloads
Bi-Beast (2008 Hulk Movie Game)
Incredible Hulk Wave 2.jpg 41.52KB 1 downloads
Any Marvel Cartoon and Video Game fans out their like me? Please say something nice about this selection.
570 Views · 38 Replies ( Last reply by Hulkwummy )
So, NYCC brought us nothing. Hasbro couldn't be bothered to pack a few, tiny figures to promote the 3.75" line. And we still have a long silence, with no pre-order news on the (maybe?) forthcoming (X-23) Wolverine wave.
Aside from this silence, I have to say that with the latest releases I am really starting to lose interest in this line. And I've been a pretty big fan. Heck, I was even able to take the one-two punch of the price going up while the overall quality and (especially) articulation went down.
I guess it's the (possibly) last wave of the single-carded figures that's done it for me. Hydro-Man, Morbius, Rogue (in a different costume) and Quasar should have been a huge hit for me. Quasar has been a huge "want" for me, and Rogue is in a Bronze-age costume, which also makes her a pretty (or should I say "totally") awesome selection. But then what we get turns out to be mostly disappointments. Morbius and Quasar really suffer from Hasbro going cheap-o on the paint applications. Both figures badly need a "wash" effect -- Morbius' glossy paint application makes him look cheap to me (disclaimer: I still don't have this figure -- I'm basing this on the pics I've seen), and Quasar's head pretty much looks like a big, fleshy blob. For me, what adds insult to injury is that Bobby chose that weird head sculpt for Quasar -- it hardly looks like the character. I can understand the paint thing -- it's probably due to a horrible budget, which is (most likely) beyond Bobby's control, but when it comes to design decisions the current team is completely responsible.
Which brings me to Rogue. The figure looks GREAT, to me, EXCEPT for her hair: the huge mohawk is way off-model. I've complained about this one plenty, and it's because the design team blew what could have been a great figure due to either laziness or incompetence.
I'm actually cool with the Hydro-Man figure. I would have preferred his original look, but I think the figure does a great job of capturing that version of the character. Sure, if the lower-body water column had been something that had gone around his legs, and been a removable effect, it would have been WAY cooler, but given the choice between either the water column or legs, I'm very happy with Hasbro's decision.
Adding to the disappointment of the Rogue/Quasar wave is the (likely) final wave of the comic book packs. The cheap-o Starlord/Gamora pack that gives us two repacks with only minor repaints is pretty underwhelming. I don't have the Groot/Rocket set. I want it, hoping that Groot won't be another big disappointment. To me, if this is the final wave, the comic book packs are definitely going out with a whimper, and not a bang.
So, yeah, I am definitely feeling the effect of so many disappointments, Hasbro's pooping on the line that I collect (sorry, Hasbro, I am NOT going to switch over to the 6" scale!!), and the long silence that we are currently in. I really have lost faith in the current design team, and I was hoping that the rumors of a change were true, but it looks like it'll remain status quo, if the line continues (and I'm really starting to have doubts, given the continuing silence from Hasbro).
How do the (few) rest of you who are still collecting this line feel at the moment?
6,024 Views · 96 Replies ( Last reply by wedge1968 )
Recently Added Posts
In the northern bay area, of the 3 waves of 2017 listed only Colossus and Angela have proven diff...
First of all its hitting shelves. I think both figures look really good but I really want...
I know theres already a peg warmer topic out there but it's gone a bit stale so since a few of th...
Anyone seen the new Thunderbolt variant/running change Shocker?
CobraSaboteur87 - Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Lol. Yeah if your stashing some stuff for friends to grab later, I can totally get that. If you w...
View the full article
New Marvel Legends 6" TRU Exclusive Spider-Man & Mary Jane 2-Pack Images
The Wire - Yesterday, 01:40 PM