Thor, Knight and Guardians

tarot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thor Ragnarok

• Thor - more then likely the classic version that was teased before. if not the Lady Thor but unlikely since there is 2 females in this wave
  • Odinson - Probably the unworthy version.
  • Thor (movie) - obvious
  • Enchantress - I'm thinking it will be the movie version unless they really change up the Dr. Strange one
  • Hela - im guessing a rerelease of the SDCC exclusive so that the movie version could be a BAF
  • Ares - yes. nuff said. hopefully no longer loooking down.
  • Build-a-Figure Executioner - called it.

Marvel Knights 6"
- Daredevil - netflix
- Punisher - netflix
- Elektra - hopefully a classic comic but more then likely netflix (which actually works with the comic since she is wearing it in her latest book)
- Jessica Jones - netflix
- Blade - please be real. please be real.
- Bullseye - comic version

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 - 6" Legends Assorted Case (Release 07/25/17)
- Adam Warlock - confirmed
- Deaths Head II - confirmed
- Ex Nihlo - was part of the Avengers cosmic mission so that's a plus
- Gamora - movie
- Nebula - movie
- Rocket Raccoon - movie
- Star Lord - hopefully not just the rerelease of the exclusive version.

Thor Ragnarok 6" Legends Assorted Case (Release Date 08/1/17)
Thor - classic probably
Odinson
Thor (movie)
Enchantress
Hela - re release
Ares
Build-a-Figure Executioner - Something we all were waiting for

I don't know. 3 Thors in a single wave and Enchantress for 3rd time in a year? Will have to see about this. I'd expect some swap outs...Warriors 3, Sif

Marvel Knights 6" Legends Assorted Case (Release Date 08/1/17)
- Daredevil
- Punisher
- Elektra
- Jessica Jones
- Blade - I'd have to see it to believe it.
- Bullseye

Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 - 6" Legends Assorted Case (Release 07/25/17)
- Adam Warlock
- Deaths Head II
- Ex Nihlo - I'm thinking BAF
- Gamora - movie
- Nebula - movie
- Rocket Raccoon - movie
- Star Lord

My thoughts (just my thoughts, not really trying to speculate) and opinions of these waves are as follows:

Thor Wave:

After not receiving proper legends waves for the first two movies, I want a 8 figure Ragnorok wave or go home Hasbro. The ONLY thing that will make swallow a 6 figure wave pill is if they give us two waves for Ragnarok because lord knows there's enough room for it and for example, I would love to see a Sif, Odin, Malekith, Jane Thor, Heimdall, Grandmaster, Frost Giant, Collector, etc. Loki & Hulk are not on this wave list and that to me constitutes a glaring omission so I'm hoping a wave 2 becomes a reality.

Knights/Netflix Wave:

Can't really complain about any of the options presented here and we all know there would no better opportunity to execute that Kingpin BAF that everybody wants. Having said that, the omission of Luke Cage from this list is a little head-scratching so I would him to make the cut naturally. In all honestly, I would like to see the wave rounded out with 2 Netflix Daredevils (red & black costumes) with different head sculpts/facial expressions on each. That is however an unlikely scenario so a substitution I would easily get behind would be to add a Netflix Rand, along with Cage and just give us Black Costume Daredevil at Walgreens or something. Again, not speculating, just what I would want to see.

GOTG Wave 2:

This list just annoys me and the only figure from the unconfirmed selection of figs that genuinely has me stoked is Nebula. I'm sure I'm probably in the minority but I really don't care to see more and more core GOTG team members... We got the GOTG sdcc box set, the original movie wave, the EE boxset, the TRU Groot and the upcoming Titus wave AND now potentially more core team members? I fully understand Hasbro's desire to release more of the core GOTG team but I just don't care. Again, I know I'm probably in the minority but my answer to all of that is just YAWN. Wake me up when they pepper in a RONAN and a Chitauri Disciple or something.

For those that are wondering about Luke cage and iron fist, we probably presume that they will do a second wave next year. I mean this wave is only based on the first three series of the defenders / knights franchise being dd, Jessica jones and dd 2. So a second wave contain the next 3 series, Luke cage, iron fist and defender, could be planned for next year. Hopefully

Highly dubious. Some parts of the list seem almost to exact while others are painfully vague.

Also, Hasbro themselves have already stated there would be several Netflix figures released, but "Punisher would be the first." That really doesn't sound like they would be wave-mates to me.

Add the fact nobody has even heard of the source, and this list seems super-unlikely. I figure toy news has been slow coming, and ToyFair anticipation is getting to everybody, otherwise, personally, I wouldn't have even wasted the bandwidth posting this one.

it does seem unlikely but Nieman has posted link to a site that has them up. not a great indicator but it makes the list seem more likely. if only just a smig.

Also note that I doubt that they would just release Punisher on his own and given the positive reaction to prototypes, Hasbro have changed their minds.

@Tarot

Yeah I agree, I can't possibly see how releasing Netlfix Punisher as one off (if released by himself, would make him an exclusive no?) and not part of something more comprehensive like a wave.

You also make an interesting point about the other Netflix figs so a second wave in 2018 would be cool and based on this current "list", more than justified.

Furthermore, in general and completely off topic, The Legends team is definitely playing the long con and have very clearly demonstated (to me anyway) that they want Marvel Legends (which is already a long running line) to stay for the long long haul. They aren't stupid and EASILY understand that they could CLEAN UP by giving us collectors 2-3 dedicated Xmen waves a year (just for example) but I'm pretty sure they would rather dish out one wave a year (again, just using Xmen as an example and more similarities can be found with the other waves they release) so they guarantee we will have figures to buy and teams to complete until we are all dead of old age.

By juxtaposition, how great would it be for them to release every figure on our Wishlist over the span of 12-18

Months? Or gives us complete teams/rosters on a yearly basis? It's not gonna happen because then what do you release the following year? How do you top the previous year? How do you keep the hardcore collectors engaged if they now have like 90% or more of what they've always wanted? I know it seems like there's an infinite amount of figures that need to get made but in reality, it's actually a finite amount when it's all said and them slamming 7 waves down our throat a year plus a tremendous amount of exclusives...is filling in holes in people's collections faster than ever-no matter which way you swing it.

They are going to keep the brand healthy, relevant and alive for as long as possible and that means INTENTIONALLY staggering releases of teams/rosters/groups/certain characters. Hasbro has failed and killed the legends brand...twice...I'm pretty sure they're playing for keeps now and with the level of sell through they are experiencing (because the current figures/waves/choices/quality have never been better) they have clearly devised a formula and it's working and I just don't see them changing it. Is their formula perfect? Hardly. Is there room to improve? Absolutely. BUT...they are on the most cohesive, tightest and comprehensive path as far as releasing figures go, than they ever have been before-love it or hate it.

But hey, that's me.

yes and also the point of the waves falling around the same time being impossible. i don't to sound sarcastic but seriously?! do you not remember what it has been like for the past 3 years? most wave fall on top of each other. the first x-men wave came out at the almost exact same time as a spider-man and cap wave for example. I know they have said they are trying not to do that but sometimes the production team have no say in when they wave are being sent out. That's a job for the marketing team, people who take the order from store and of course the higher ups. We could blame Dwight Stall for that but in the end of the day he is only in charge of making and planning a wave. he doesn't have the final say.

@Tarot

Were you aiming your comment about the production schedule/cycle of the waves at me? Lol...Despite my last post being long winded (and the last part was not aimed at anybody-merely my view of how they plan their character selections and why we get what we get when we get it) I didn't actually mention anything about "when" their waves land.

Also, the timing of their waves shipping/producing overlap has only been an issue recently and that was only during the summer of last year when they created a retail bottleneck by shipping Space Venom, Jnaut and Abomb within the span of 5 or so weeks (all 3 of those waves arrived at my doorstep from EE within a months timeframe)

2014 shipped 4 waves and none of those were an issue (yes the TRU XMEN Wave 1 was hard to complete but that's because it was an exclusive wave with the most desireable figs being 1 per case-not because the wave didn't actually ship)

2015 shipped 6 waves and did anyone really have a problem finding those waves? AllFather, Thanos, HulkBuster, Hobgoblin, Rhino and Ultron were all easily available and decently spread through the year.

2016 shipped 7 waves (technically 8 with Sandman as the wave was available as of December 2016 but the case is titled SPD 6inch Infinite Legends Ast W1 17 so Hasbro counts this as a 2017 wave) and I don't really think anyone can say they had a truly hard time finding Absorbing Man, Onslaught, Giant Man, Jnaut or Dormammu on the pegs with summer bottle neck really only making Space Venom and Abomb hard to find or impossible to find. To this day, I've only ever seen Space Venom at Walgreens and I've never seen a single fig from Abomb on the shelves anywhere.

Point is, saying something like "do I not remember what is has been like for the last 3 years?", with relation to not being able to find waves, is just being dramatic and inaccurate I'm afraid. I've obtained every marvel legend produced since 2014 (yes obtaining the SDCC sets can be hit or miss to say the least) and I don't do anything special so if can do it, so can most people.

With us getting at least 7 waves again this year (fingers crossed for a second Thor Wave, bringing the total to 8)...could that same bottle neck appear in the summer? There's certainly a chance but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Ultimately though, I couldn't care less about when they release their waves...EE will just send the case to my door at the end of the day If I can't track them down at retail and the only effort involved in that is just pushing a few buttons on my phone.

In general, as far as wave shipping goes, I don't believe Hasbro has the intention of intentionally releasing waves at the exact same time and in my opinion, they didn't intend to create last Summer's bottle neck and it was just a byproduct of some kind of internal miscommunication between their production team and retailers, but who knows for sure.

If memory serves correct, the only time in the history of Marvel Legends (if I'm wrong, by all means someone can correct me) that I know of waves literally dropping at the same exact time, was last January when Onlslaught and Absorbing Man landed. Me and my friends saw them appear at retail literally simultaneously and EE also shipped out both waves within a 10 days of each other. The funny thing is, that created 0 bottle neck issues and I don't think we will see another problem unless they repeat trying to get more than 2 waves out within a month again.

Ultimately, just as Tarot shared thoughts on, the blame is on corporate retail. If the inventory managers of said corporate departments (flow planners) don't allocate adequate orders of the right product, the stores won't get them. It's quite simple.

There are plenty of collectors that pretend to know how retail works but as someone who had a former career in retail store management, the fact is that ZERO people at the store level are responsible for what waves arrive at the store. Store level is responsible for accurately receiving the product, ensuring proper merchandising and stocking and most importantly (where a lot of stores can falter) managing the counts of their inventory and to that end-adjusting count discrepancies (such as theft, damages, miss-ships from the DC, etc) on a regular basis. If all of those aspects are being executed (such as they were when I ran stores) then seeing light/empty shelves is a true rarity.

Having said that, the greatest manager in the world with running the tightest operation, can't control your Distrobution Centers (DC) inventory and allocation, I.E. defer back to corporate doing their jobs correctly. Big Box retail is all on Automated Replenishment (AR) so if the counts are correct and the warehouse is dry...no product.

The biggest blunder I've ever seen with regards to proper brand ordering/allocation (at least since Toy Story 1) was Frozen. That was such a nightmare, I don't even want to get into the details of it but the bottom line is that Mattel lost millions on toy merch from that movie and i mean lost MILLIONS. Highly doubt that retail and Mattel will be making that same mistake for Frozen 2 lol...

I'm also very skeptical & am taking it with a massive grain of salt. I always play spoiler when things are made to look to be exactly what people want. We know that's typically not reality. This list seems like a fan boys wet dream, my dream and sad to say, my dreams usually don't pan out. Hell, we don't even know who the he'll "Dead Meat" is from the upcoming Spider-Man wave, yet were supposed to believe the rosters for the next three waves after the X-Wave have been revealed to an unknown source.

That being said, assuming the list is real, I'll give my opinions on the selections:

1.Thor - I fully expect this to be Jane. Although there's already 2 females in this wave we know Marvel's pushing Hasbro to do more female toys. As fans I know were all gonna want it, but my personal feelings are that including more female's in ML would be detrimental to the line. We all know, no matter how much the hardcore fans love them, the females fly off the shelves at first then hang out on the pegs as the wave putters out. I think a line similar to what Mattel is doing with the Superhero Girls would be more effective at targeting the female fans. To oversimplify, girls like dolls, boys like action figures. Call me sexist if you like, but that would only mean you're 100% accurate. I'm an older guy and I still subscribe to a time where there's a difference between me, women & their psyche.

2.Odinson - This will be our comic Thor udate. The creative team isn't stupid. They know what we want & they're learning to work the system. They only conceded the "Thor" name to Jane to make all the suits happy and indicate that the ladies are large & in charge, but as fans we'll all know who the real Thor figure is. It'll be maybe the classic look or even a more modern look with possibly interchangeable parts. Get it, hammer equals Thor, axe equals Odinson. Easy.

3.Movie Thor - I'm as anti-MCU as you can get but this update is long over due. How many Iron Man & Captains have they pushed on us while Goldilocks gets the shaft?

4.Enchantress - Don't know what's up with this one. I can only assume this will be some sort of MCU figure of a surprise appearance in the movie or perhaps it's a mistaken listing for Valkyrie or female Loki. You can only recycle a figure so many times.

5.Hela - Typical. Everyone who sprung for the exclusive gets hosed again.

6.Ares - I'm excited to see how much they improve on the original train wreck. Ankle pivots give it an automatic 200% improvement.

7.There's gotta at least be one more in this wave. I'm thinking MCU Loki or Skurge.

Executioner - Totally content with this one.

I'm also very iffy about the realism of a Knights wave for the simple fact that there no one in the lineup that they consider a headliner. I guess the closest would be Daredevil & though he's my favorite I don't think he has the pull to carry a wave. I do love the idea though. This line could carry all those fringe characters like Coleen Wing, Nighthawk or Shang Chi or even Agents of Shield & Cloak and Dagger. They gotta have somewhere to put the Gwenpool figure we all know is coming.

1. Daredevil, Punisher & Jessica Jones - we've all seen em. They look pretty cool. Let's just hope they nailed the look of Jessica's sweet skinny girl booty with the new "jeans" mold.

4.Electra - This absolutely has to be the comic version. This update is soooo long over due and soooo easy to make. The head sculpt better be worth the wait. With this one one the horizon is the any doubt Psylocke is on the way?

5.Blade - Finally, please please let this be true. I only pray they ditched the scrawney scarecrow arms trench coat buck & updated a new sculpt. That Fury version was only good for one figure & even that one sucked. Again, if this is true the prospects of seeing a new Gambit is looking good.

6. Bullseye - Yeeees, I'm so charged for this one. The Bucky Cap mold is by far the best choice for this one, but I wouldn't be upset about the ANAD Spidey 2099 mold though. Just keep the head in scale with the body, for the love of God. Do not screw this one up!

7.The BAF has to be the Kingpin. The comic version would be preferable. In the Romita, Jr style would be even better. An MCU version would be a total flop. Sorry Vincent. I loved your portrayal, but honestly, a figure of you is just a fat guy in a suit.

The second GOTG wave has a ton of speculation, especially given the amount of characters from the movie that could conceivably make a good action figure. This does actually look to be not only possible but probable.

1.Adam Warlock & Death's Head - We've seen them, we know they're coming. Just as well in this wave as any.

3.Ex Nihlo - We've been told this is the BAF though I don't think it's so big that it could'nt actually be a Colossus sized single card, which leaves several options for the BAF.

4.Gamora - Boring. Ugly. Flimsy. And that's just the character from the movie. By far the low point of the franchise. I don't expect this figure to be much different from the last one. You can only deviate from the source material so far & that source material is an anorexic, non athletic, non sex appeal, non convincing, puny looking fraction of the comic persona backwash of what it should be. Don't expect much change from the last figure to the next.

5. Nebula - I'll buy it mostly because I'll need the BAF & cuz I typically buy a full case set & guz I'm a completist. Might be nice to have from an MCU collectors point but I expect that it should be as frail and non climactic as the Gamora figure.

6. Rocket - Repack of the first one with Potted and Kid Groot from the TRU set. We already got three versions of Groot. How bout a Cosmo or Howard pack in with a #$## load of weapons instead of BAF piece.

7.Star Lord - Hopefully this is the comic version using an ALL NEW trench coat buck that is used for the new Blade figure. It just seems certain figures like Blade, Gambit and Comic Star Lord have been held over awaiting a new design. I really don't care why, just do them right.

8.I sincerely hope they give honest thought to making Thing the BAF for this wave. He's done some time with the GOTG and with the state of the F4 in Marvel's universe still in question, this may be the chance for the creative team to sneak this one in.

These are my takes on the possibilities and though I pronounce them like they are certain keep in mind that I have as little, if not less, information as the person who put out this list. I'll take it with a giant pillar of salt till I actually see something legitimate.

looking at this list makes me come up with a theory about Enchantress. Think back to the Dr. Strange orginal listing that has Ancient one. maybe they could get the figure done in time, as in they could get the sculpt done properly. so to fill the spot they slotted in Enchantress (granted in the DK guide to Dr. Strange she is considered one of his main villians) since they had her done already. maybe Enchantress was planned for this Thor wave, being the first plan for it but now that she is released already they decide to change it up.

Don't think it's right, then I use the very first wave of TB ML for example. Toad wasn't supposed to be in that wave at all but since they couldn't Thor done in time they slotted him in. the recent Cap wave and Tigra /Crossbones is the same since they couldn't get them done in time they slotted in 2 quick repaints into they wave.

When exactly did anyone say build-a-figures HAD to be giant characters? I've always heard they were simply an incentive to buy a complete wave by offering a bonus figure.

That's EXACTLY what they are. Since most of the 1st Build-A-Figures were of larger (or larger) characters, ML collectors allowed themselves to get spoiled and take for granted that we were in essence, getting an additional figure for free. Instead, they rationalize it wasn't "free" because we payed for it, while conveniently forgetting before all this, there were no B.A.F.'s! We got stands, bases etc..and the funny thing is when we started getting Build-A-Figures, we still also wanted accessories, stands and whatever else (and let's not forget paint apps that included shading)...FOR THE SAME PRICE!!!!! And all the while assuming if it's a B.A.F., it's "supposed" to be big! No, what it's "supposed" to be, is an extra character. If Hasbro stopped the Build-A-Figure program tomorrow, what would all of these complainin' azz collectors do the following day? Complain...and continue to collect!! BOTTOM LINE: B.A.F.'s aren't "supposed" to be big, small or anything in between. They are and have always been AN ADDITIONAL CHARACTER! The problem is Toybiz unwittingly set the precedent by giving us Galactus, Sentinel, Apocalypse and Giant-Man to start us off. What would be the midsets of ML collectors if they started us out with the likes of Jubilee, or Arnim Zola and occasionally gave us a Galactus or Hulkbuster? Just remember ML collectors; Hasbro can stop the B.A.F. program right now, and most of you wouldn't miss a beat and be right in the B&M's the next day, looking for figs, but go on. Continue to #$##, whine and complain...and then take that azz to Target looking for figures.

@rukk

Woah buddy lol you letting out some pent up aggression or what? If you read every post in this article, I don't think anyone was really complaining about BAFs or BAF sizes but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading your rant as I always love a good rant lol.

Having said that, as I believe this correlates to your post at least somewhat, I'm actually COMPLETELY cool with Legends waves having zero BAFs at all. Instead, I would much rather see the killer paint apps (like toybiz gave us) and a ton of accessories for each character (when it makes sense of course) I also don't open my figs and collect all my toys MOMC so there's that too lol.

I know I'm in the minorty here and that's cool but for me, if legends ramped up the paint apps and accessory counts at the trade off of not having BAFs, then Hasbro would still have all my money and it would be business as usual for my wallet at the end of the day.

Yo

@rukk

Woah buddy lol you letting out some pent up aggression or what? If you read every post in this article, I don't think anyone was really complaining about BAFs or BAF sizes but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy reading your rant as I always love a good rant lol.

Having said that, as I believe this correlates to your post at least somewhat, I'm actually COMPLETELY cool with Legends waves having zero BAFs at all. Instead, I would much rather see the killer paint apps (like toybiz gave us) and a ton of accessories for each character (when it makes sense of course) I also don't open my figs and collect all my toys MOMC so there's that too lol.

I know I'm in the minorty here and that's cool but for me, if legends ramped up the paint apps and accessory counts at the trade off of not having BAFs, then Hasbro would still have all my money and it would be business as usual for my wallet at the end of the day.

You're right. Nowhere in this particular thread, but overall? Just look at some archived posts. Hell, you don't even need to look that far! Just go to the Spidey Homecoming thread right above this one! Someone today was ranting about how we've been "hosed" because we're getting "Build-A-Wings" instead of a B.A.F! If that doesn't bespeak of an ill thought sense of entitlement, then I don't know what does!!! No one's getting "hosed". These are TOYS. WE. DON'T HAVE. TO. BUY. THEM!! This means anyone thinking they've been hosed, screwed or anything else, is in actuality HOSING THEMSELVES!!! We all have something about this hobby we don't like. I, myself hate wave slots wasted on redo's (This is well documented. Lol), and I cannot tell a lie; I hate that up to three slots, and in some cases, B.A.F.'s take up room in waves for movie characters. I'm a Marvel COMICS fan. I want more Marvel characters, but movie figs and (lawd help me) redo's take up valuable slots, but I know I'm not the only one into this so I deal, collect all (the completionist in me knows no bounds) and don't complain...ESPECIALLY about the size of a Build-A-Figure that if things were different, I wouldn't even have! Ok, Rant: the sequel is over. Lol.

@Rukk

Yeah lol I guess I haven't noticed the BAF talk in threads as much as you have...or simply am not as passionate as you are about the subject (again, I don't open my figs) I will say however that I do feel that that the Vultures wings being the "BAF" is on the silly/weird side of things and I think a standalone Deluxe figure release for like $30 or so would've been a better option. But, I do find the movie suit to be pretty damn cool looking and I think the figure looks great overall.

I also don't share your viewpoints on redos and movie figs-when done right (specifically movie figs because at the end of the day, at least 90% or more legends released in the year are comic based so I feel pretty catered to for the most part with respect to that equation) That however doesn't mean I don't understand you're viewpoint-I totally do.

My arguement to that (for lack of a better word) is that the current structure of how their do their waves is pretty spot on and simply stronger than the "random figures wave" structure of years past (well pretty much every year before 2014) Pretty much all comic waves with a movie fig thrown in here and there so both camps are represented. Granted, not every movie fig that gets released is the "right choice" imo but more often than not, they do look decent. Still waiting for movie Yellowjacket, Ronan, Malakith, Heimdall, Sif, Crossbones, Kurse, Frost Giant, etc *cough* Villains *cough* Im praying "some" of these get addressed in Ragnorok Wave 2 if we get it...but I'm definitely not holding my breath. I digress...

If you look at series of yesteryear, where they would release FULL WAVES of movie figs, I think we are in a inarguably stronger position and I would have to assume you would agree. Especially since, imo, most of those aforementioned movie waves had figures that, well, looked like...CRAP.

Keep up the ranting and stay thirsty my friend!

I think for the BAF wings (which is a nice idea none the less) it's more the case of the fact that they should have been included with the figure. well I said to them, "You try fitting those massive things into a single figure box!".

The BAF wings are a nice idea (though like many I would have prefer a figure since I'm comic over movies) and it opens up many things that Hasbro can do. like for example the one that most people ask for Prof X hover chair. But like many people I still prefer a figure, but that may be cause I been there since the first BAF.

@Rukk

Yeah lol I guess I haven't noticed the BAF talk in threads as much as you have...or simply am not as passionate as you are about the subject (again, I don't open my figs) I will say however that I do feel that that the Vultures wings being the "BAF" is on the silly/weird side of things and I think a standalone Deluxe figure release for like $30 or so would've been a better option. But, I do find the movie suit to be pretty damn cool looking and I think the figure looks great overall.

I didn't always feel this way. Not until I noticed the never ending complaining and unhappiness over Marvel Legends by fools who continue to purchase them. Who continues to buy products they're unhappy with when there's no necessity? ML collectors, that's who.

I actually do both; I buy doubles so I can open one, and MOC the other (guess I really AM passionate about this. Lol). And I'm not crazy about the idea of wings instead of a character myself, but I'm not gonna complain about it. I simply remember that it could be worse, and I get nothing. I agree with you about maybe a deluxe line for this kind of thing (fact of the matter is if Hasbro did something like that, it could eliminate the B.A.F. altogether and many collectors who want a certain character, but not some, many or ANY of the figs needed to build it could still acquire it).

I also don't share your viewpoints on redos and movie figs-when done right (specifically movie figs because at the end of the day, at least 90% or more legends released in the year are comic based so I feel pretty catered to for the most part with respect to that equation) That however doesn't mean I don't understand you're viewpoint-I totally do.

I agree (which is one reason why I don't complain). Like I said before, I'm not the only person buying these things.

My arguement to that (for lack of a better word) is that the current structure of how their do their waves is pretty spot on and simply stronger than the "random figures wave" structure of years past (well pretty much every year before 2014) Pretty much all comic waves with a movie fig thrown in here and there so both camps are represented. Granted, not every movie fig that gets released is the "right choice" imo but more often than not, they do look decent. Still waiting for movie Yellowjacket, Ronan, Malakith, Heimdall, Sif, Crossbones, Kurse, Frost Giant, etc *cough* Villains *cough* Im praying "some" of these get addressed in Ragnorok Wave 2 if we get it...but I'm definitely not holding my breath. I digress...

Once again, I agree with you. I have to say however as to your "wishlist", one thing has been consistent since they started this policy of movie based waves is that once the movie dies down, or is replaced with another movie (either another character or a sequel to their own) the associated characters will NOT get made (sorry Quicksilver fans). Heimdal and Sif (if she's in Ragnarok) have chances to get made. Your other choices, not so much.

If you look at series of yesteryear, where they would release FULL WAVES of movie figs, I think we are in a inarguably stronger position and I would have to assume you would agree. Especially since, imo, most of those aforementioned movie waves had figures that, well, looked like...CRAP.

Agree 150%. I think today's Legends blow the old (yes, including Toybiz, with the exception of paint apps) away!

Keep up the ranting and stay thirsty my friend!

Well Ruk, first of all my problem with the Homecoming wave was not necessarily with the BAF being the wings, but with the fact that, and I said this in the post, it's BS that the BAF is actually a part that should be included as the whole for what is the Vulture figure. Allow me use your own argument against you. What if there were no BAF's? As you said, that was the case in the past and as you said, I was fine with it. Now, say this wave, with no BAF, released a Vulture figure WITHOUT wings. Would you consider that a complete figure? Let me take it a bit further. What if you had to buy the "Wings" figure separately? This is pretty much the basis of the added cost for the BAF figure, right, cuz one would assume the figure would cost a little less without a BAF piece. Let's take it a bit further. What if there was no BAF, the price remained the same, you didn't have to buy the wings seperately, but you actually had to buy the entire set and send the proofs of purchases (the bar codes) to get the wings in the mail? Many of you SW enthusiast will remember this was basically the BAF process from the 80's. Pick any one of those options, but at the end of the day you're still purchasing a figure of a character whose primary powers and identity are based on a bird without the biggest part of the birds anatomy that actually makes it a bird. THE FREAKING WINGS! That's all I'm saying. There is no way in hell they woulda tried that had they not conditioned us to think we we're getting more than we paid for with the entire BAF system. Now they have a lot of people thinking, apparently you're one of them, that BAF's are some kind of bonus for buying the product, but it's actually a gimmick, and a good one, to drum up and keep interest fresh. Believe me, we pay for every bit of plastic & paint that goes into every wave, so don't go start some love or hate fest for Hasbro about what they give us cuz they don't "give" us jack. I really do love most of the work they're doing right now and I'll defend a lot of their practices from a business standpoint in regards to the longevity of the line but they're engaging, just like all business, in the constant and progressive practice of taking a bit away & then giving a little less back just so we, as the consumer, realize how bad it could be.

Also allow me to reiterate on the record that I have said on several occasions that I, personally would be fine with the sacrifice of the BAF in favor of accessories, which would probably save Hasbro much more in cost and then purchase the "larger" figures thru an online process similar to what DC did with Mattel. So, to be specific, because I guess some people can't pick up and register subtle (or overt) sarcasm. Basically, you've been duped into buying an incomplete figure and then being duped into appreciating, or even praising them for completing the uncompleted figure thru so sort of perceived "bonus" that you end up paying for anyway. So, to be even less subtle, you're buying TWO figures to make one. So, I know "entitlement" is the buzz word permiating our society & media & all our politics right now but I assure you there was none influencing my opinion, just straight dollars & cents. But to be 100% clear, I will be buying the entire set, not just to complete the incomplete figure, not just because I'm a completest, but because I'm an overall supporter of the line & I'm all about doing my part to keep it around as long as possible. So, as the saying goes, Rant Over.

Actually I would like to add that when the Sandman wave was revealed, I was the one who presented the idea of, rather than BAF why not incude more extend-a-figure options for the Ms. Marvel figure. I was scoffed at then for suggesting such a shake up of the entire BAF concept yet that's pretty much exactly what they're doing here, but everyone seems to be content with it in this case. At least we got a complete Ms. Marvel to begin with. Funny how a little perspective can make people see things in the complete reverse as the way they saw it not long ago. Now, Rant Over.