What do you guys think of the MCU Thanos design?

Heisenberg

They have a statue picture on the homepage of this website. I was hoping they were going to give us a decent Thanos as the BAF for the infinity war wave but can't say I am a fan of this design at the moment. I hate it when people hate on any changes from the comic but this seems like a huge departure.

They have a statue picture on the homepage of this website. I was hoping they were going to give us a decent Thanos as the BAF for the infinity war wave but can't say I am a fan of this design at the moment. I hate it when people hate on any changes from the comic but this seems like a huge departure.

I guess after seeing him in Guardians and the Avengers 1 and 2 post credits scenes I'm more than a little disappointed that he won't be sporting the armor that was at least similar in some ways to his classic garb. I'm hoping the new costume only lasts for a brief time and not the whole movie.

The MCU has (mostly) done alright by its movies, so I'm pretty lenient with any design changes to characters. . . provided they hit all the broad-strokes. I mean half the fun of these things is seeing what the next Iron Man armor or whatever is gonna look like.

I agree, especially on the new Iron Man armor point. As for Thanos, I'm by no means against it, just a bit disappointed. If the story/movie is as good as it looks, I doubt I'll care much what the costume was like at the end.

if you are talking about the one shown at the Disney expo you should know it's actually base on the Annihilation version, so it is comic based. They will have the armored version in the movie but given that Thanos will be the main villian he should have different costumes in it. The armored version is just a modernised version of his classic costume so I'm happy with it.

e109b8237768502031369a2e2927f88a.jpg

Yeah love how he and the black order look so far in the movie from what we have seen. Love how they are combining Infinity guantlet saga with the Infinity saga as those are 2 of the 3-4 best story lines in Marvel History IMO along with Annihilation/Annihilation conquest and Civil War 1.

Black Order look great...Thanos...not so much. That statue certainly isn't representative of his garb in Annihilation as far as I recall.

Oh, and Cable, I think you have to put Thanos Imperative in that list. Solid from beginning to end. Just finished Annihilation (yeah, yeah) but I found it often disjointed, although I did read it as a 3-part TPB so that probably wasn't the best way. Still, Thanos Imperative didn't require a bazillion crossovers to tell its story.

if you are talking about the one shown at the Disney expo you should know it's actually base on the Annihilation version, so it is comic based. They will have the armored version in the movie but given that Thanos will be the main villian he should have different costumes in it. The armored version is just a modernised version of his classic costume so I'm happy with it.

e109b8237768502031369a2e2927f88a.jpg

If he looks like that I am fully on board. I did not like the way he looks in the statue featured on this website about a week ago now. Boring and bland.

I dunno, boring & bland seems to be an ongoing theme with MCU lately. How coma inducing was Ego, seriously? I thought the design for Valkyrie was just a rouse till they showed her real look, but no, that's it. Everything about Black Panther so far looks to be pretty yawn worthy & nothing coming outta the Cap Marvel camp thus far is looking too promising. So, no I'm not too high on the parts of Thanos' design I've seen so far but I expect he should get some pretty cool armor & gadgets throughout the film. Gimme a good plot & some cool special effects & it should do as well as any other MCU movie so far.

Everything about Black Panther so far looks to be pretty yawn worthy & nothing coming outta the Cap Marvel camp thus far is looking too promising.

Actually I really like the way the Black Panther costumes look - I think they struck the right balance of comic-booky and something someone might actually wear. I mean, you didn't really expect Man-Ape to be running around in a big white gorilla suit did you?! 😂 That said I'm hoping Klaw gets to wear something a little more like his comic counterpart and we just haven't seen pics yet.

Oh, and MCU Thanos? I agree with the 'meh'.

- I'm hoping Black Panther gives us a comic accurate Man-Ape, similar to Gorilla Grod.....maybe an exclusive 2pk or a box set

- have a feeling the SDCC exclusive will be the Black Order next year

I hope you're right. If so, then we'll be assured they'll be comic versions. That's all Hasbro has ever put out for the Con (so far).