Spider-Man wave 6? Rumor!!

tarot

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?itemid=20320&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

- SPD Symbiote Spider (UPC 630509490523)
- SPD Jackal (UPC 630509490530)
- SPD Ms Marvel (UPC 630509490547)
- SPD All New Spider M (UPC 630509490554)
- SPD Shocker (UPC 630509490561)
- SPD Green Goblin (UPC 630509490578)
- SPD Spider UK (UPC 630509491100)

If true this wave would be 100 times better then the Space Venom wave coming out. and that was awesome wave.

My opinions (start with the Spider-men)

• Black Spider-man - was expecting this as it was a runner up in the fan poll. can't wait for it on the new Spidey buck and better paint job then the last one (I know a certain some one is going to complain)
  • ANAD Spider-man - called it. You know when I started doing to NCS I thought I was tutting my own horn but this just proves it.
  • Spider-UK - excellent. One more for the Spider-verse and the Web Warrior, just need Noire and India next (maybe a Spider-ham)
  • Green Goblin - again another one that we all knew was coming. seeing how great the Hobgoblin came out I love to see how the Green Goblin work on the body.
  • Shocker - hopefully it won't be pushed back anymore. would love to see this finally get release. it just goes to prove that the early listings are just one version and even if they don't become true, hasbro still will release them eventually)
  • Jackal - OMG! best news to date. Jackal is one of Spidey's most underrated villain ever. He littarly turned his world upside down with the clones. Definetly needs a figure, which could work for more furry characters. Werewolf by Night anyone?
  • Ms Marvel - Odd her being in a spidey wave but who f-ing care, we have one of the best characters in recent comic book history. hopefully she comes with interchangable parts.

as for the BAF, still hoping for man spider or Doppelganger.

Classic Jackal, please!!!! As far as top Spider-Man wants he's way up there for me. Seeing as how we've gotten good versions of almost every other pivotal Spider-Villain (Morlun next hopefully) this is great!

Green Goblin is an easy pass for me, the old Toybiz one, (much like Hobgoblin) is still the definitive one. But...good for the new collectors, he'd be a must have for them.

Thats pretty cool. I get to cross off Green Goblin, Shocker, and Symibote Spiderman off my want list. Jackal is an unexpected one for me to grab. Sandman from that SDCC set is going to be a must for me. I feel Mysterio should pop up in a future wave somewhere with him being a candidate for the fan choice. Also Vulture should pop up next summer at least a movie version with Homecoming coming out then. That just leaves Doc Ock, Scorpion, The Lizard, and maybe Kingpin on my list of wants. Great year so far.........

Why Kamala Khan? Pass

I'm with you. I mean I'll probably get her cuz a new ML i's a new ML & I'll take what I can get but she's just such a freaking cliche youth character aimed at all the gender/ethnic/religious geopolitical strife going on today. But, all political views aside, she's just not that interesting. That's a spot that could have been used for Scorpion, Tarantula, Cardiac or any number of allies that are loosly tied to the Spidey world (Johnny Storm, anyone?).

Why Kamala Khan? Pass

I'm with you. I mean I'll probably get her cuz a new ML i's a new ML & I'll take what I can get but she's just such a freaking cliche youth character aimed at all the gender/ethnic/religious geopolitical strife going on today. But, all political views aside, she's just not that interesting. That's a spot that could have been used for Scorpion, Tarantula, Cardiac or any number of allies that are loosly tied to the Spidey world (Johnny Storm, anyone?).

Mary Jane would have been cool or maybe Firestar. That character seems to belong in an Avengers wave or something.

I agree. I actually got into an argument with a poster some time two years about it. He/she claimed we should get a figure of Kamala before an entire string of characters I listed. I was like "she just came out"! The other person didn't care. I with you on getting her. If she's made. I"m a completionist after all (which means I even collect the redo's that take up valuable slots in waves).

While I agree it is a bit early for her and there is a huge list characters to be made, Kamala is a important part of the comics at the moment. I actually enjoy her comics and her appearances in other comic (particularly see who was the bigger geek in SHIELD, her or Coulson). At least we get her now rather then later.

I don't know a lot about Kamala, but the media and the way they hype her bugs me. "First Muslim super heroine" and I'm over here like what about Dust?

Dust wasn't really a superhero. she had power and all but not really a hero,

I don't think that matters. She's a Marvel character. Hero/Villian status doesn't matter, or at least it shouldn't.

I don't know a lot about Kamala, but the media and the way they hype her bugs me. "First Muslim super heroine" and I'm over here like what about Dust?

I don't think that matters. She's a Marvel character. Hero/Villian status doesn't matter, or at least it shouldn't.

actually it kinda does. Kamala goes out and save people regularly, in a silly costume. Dust doesn't, except when she has to.

That being said reading her comic I find that her being Muslim doesn't really matter. it just a background to the character. I mean Kitty Pryde is Jewish, but they don't throw that and Kamala religion in your face. Also you have to remember that it not that she is Muslim. it the fact that she is an American-Muslim (I love Dust but that not the issue her).

actually it kinda does. Kamala goes out and save people regularly, in a silly costume. Dust doesn't, except when she has to.

What does that have to do with Hasbro making a figure of a character? And by the way, Dust was part of an X team...which technically makes her a heroine.

There's a few of the ones I've been hoping for on that list there. That's awesome news. I'll be glad to get basically all that wave except Ms.Marvel, which I'll be passing on. Now if I can just get Iron Spider-man, a redo of Kaine as Scarlet Spider, Mr.Negative, and a few other classic villains I'll be happy.

I thought I read somewhere that the All New All Different Spiderman 2099 was coming out. I guess I just made it up in my mind.

that the latest rumour which would make sense for the swap with Spider-uk as they are Alternate universes. I would actually like to see that cause it looks good but we just got a 2099 figure (one of my favourite). I'm kinda on the fence so I don't mind either way.

Why Kamala Khan? Pass

Mary Jane would have been cool or maybe Firestar. That character seems to belong in an Avengers wave or something.

Mary Jane would be an excellent figure to do. I'm kinda surprised we've yet to get a few civilian characters in the Spider-man Legends series. I'd love at least Mary Jane, Peter Parker, Jameson, and classic Gwen Stacey to be made. I'd even buy an Aunt May if they made her though.

Why Kamala Khan? Pass

Mary Jane would be an excellent figure to do. I'm kinda surprised we've yet to get a few civilian characters in the Spider-man Legends series. I'd love at least Mary Jane, Peter Parker, Jameson, and classic Gwen Stacey to be made. I'd even buy an Aunt May if they made her though.

we have Jameson.

Mass appeal to the general public/kids will always beat collector demand right?

Ya, I'm not sure there's quite as much appeal for the comic as we're led to think. Understand that comics sales numbers are tabulated by the quantities the stores order, not how many copies the stores actually sale. Every comic vendor in my area has Ms. Marvel comics rotting on the shelves waiting for the recycle bin. My friend, a store owner, says he's constantly being sent many more copies than he actually orders. A so called "mistake" that they don't charge him for. Furthermore I find few to none of my adult collector friends read the comic on a regular basis. Disney is forcing this comic down our throat with a political agenda and it's aimed at young fans. That's why the art and writing come off like a children's book. Now, how does this pertain to ML. Same reason. As several others have stated, a Kamala Khan figure does belong in an Avengers wave, but as the Spider-Man line is seen more appealing to the younger fans it made more sense to include it in that wave. It's unfair as to how many fan faves and higher demanded figs got passed over to put her in. Even on these forums, I've seen some demand for her but the overal feeling i get from the comments is a pass. I get from just our conversations here is that most of us would have rather seen a Firestar or Mary Jane or even a Kane redo.

Well yes she should in an avengers wave or have waited for the captain marvel movie but has teamed up with spider and miles more often then not. Also by the logic firestar should be in a avenger or xmen wave

Firestar's first appearance was in the Spiderman and his Amazing Friends cartoon show back in the 80's. I think it is pretty reasonable for her to appear in a ML Spiderman wave maybe as her classic self. She can appear in Avengers and X-Men as well but I think seeing her in a Spiderman wave would be the best chance of her getting out.