Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Guardians of the Galaxy 5 pack...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

Jesus, how many fucking times they gonna release these same Gaurdian figures?
Not ONE new character for the 3.75 scale, i. This 5 pack.
some lazy alterations on a couple figures.

From that first GOTG 3 pack that pegwarmed till the movies came out, the singles, two packs, and singles again... now a five pack.

Seriously this is less than phoning it in, they couldn't even bother to give starlord a original head... it's fucking steve Rogers.

It will look good for MOC displays,
But otherwise they don't even give a #$@#,
This better be cheap.

At least they could of done those Fancy packagings they been producing.

#2 jschadt

jschadt

Andorian

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:51 AM

At least the Rocket Raccoon figure finally has... oh wait. Never mind. Ugh... way to keep trying to kill this line hasbro!

#3 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

.....Yeah... that set is crappy. 

I'm hoping to find Drax from China Ebay sometime, but otherwise, why bother? 

It would have been SO easy to do something interesting with this set, but the line's budget must be next to zero. 

Alter the Rocket mold?

Do Gamora in her her matching outfit like in the 6 inch set? (it's just a repaint of the current female blank mold anyway which we know that head fits on) 

#4 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

Exactly!

How hard would it of been to Just do some Body swaps on Gamora, Starlord and Drax (like Hundreds of Customizers do) and say it's the same character but in So and so outfit?

#5 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

Or leave out Gamora or Drax and swap in one of the "other" Guardians. Clearly the don't care about matching eras or outfits. 

Do Martinex or Agent Venom?

#6 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:31 PM

Or leave out Gamora or Drax and swap in one of the "other" Guardians. Clearly the don't care about matching eras or outfits. 
Do Martinex or Agent Venom?

Even better.

#7 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

Do we know what this is going to cost? I'm guessing $70 or $80 right? If I could get it for less than $50, I might pull the trigger because I want Groot and Drax. I really wish they'd cough up the dough for a fully articulated Rocket. GotG is a hot property and they can repack it into oblivion so it's not like they have to worry about recouping the investment in tooling.

We don't get much from them anymore. I want to support the line as much as I can, but they are making it damn near impossible. I really don't want to hear Dwight running his mouth about box sets not selling.

#8 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

On the plus side it's cool to have them all in one box! I do think they could of given us a new Gamora.

#9 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

These GoTG figures ended the 3-packs.

These GoTG figures ended the revived comic packs.

It is only fitting that these GoTG figures end the line.

I'm not happy about it, but I do enjoy symmetry.

#10 norinradd

norinradd

Andorian

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

These GoTG figures ended the 3-packs.

These GoTG figures ended the revived comic packs.

It is only fitting that these GoTG figures end the line.

I'm not happy about it, but I do enjoy symmetry.

Not to mention that Starlord; Rocket; and Gamora were single packed in recent waves....these truly were the harbingers of doom for this line.

#11 CamWV

CamWV

Andorian

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

Where are you guys seeing this? I'm not doubting but I can't find any info

#12 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

It's on the main page.

#13 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

I finally caved and bought this. I had rewards credit and a coupon on the verge of expiring and they knocked it down to a more reasonable price point. For anyone curious, all 5 figures are different from previous releases. Star-Lord, Groot, and Drax are obvious.

Rocket now has a white stripe on the lower half of his face as well as a white ring on his tail. His belt is brown instead of black and his gloves are a brighter shade of red.

Gamora has the light green hair and the dull white color armor like the comic pack version, but without the glossy finish. She also comes with two pistols.

#14 x-man77

x-man77

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

Stitch - what is the price on this set?  I may have overlooked it somewhere but can't seem to locate the info.  I no longer have a access to a decent TRU and am considering getting it off eBay but don't want to be terribly ripped off.

#15 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

Stitch - what is the price on this set?  I may have overlooked it somewhere but can't seem to locate the info.  I no longer have a access to a decent TRU and am considering getting it off eBay but don't want to be terribly ripped off.

It's $50, but I wouldn't pay that unless you missed out on any of the previous releases.

#16 x-man77

x-man77

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

It's $50, but I wouldn't pay that unless you missed out on any of the previous releases.

Gotcha - thanks. I'll wait to see if it comes down at some point in the future.

#17 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Saw the set in person today for the first time--didn't realize Rocket had a different face deco.

At least that was something. Still don't understand why this set exists or why it was as lazy as it was.

#18 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

I got my guardians box set today! Drax had one of his knifes missing! Is this the first time they have changed his legs?

Attached Files

#19 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

I got my guardians box set today! Drax had one of his knifes missing! Is this the first time they have changed his legs?

Yes it is. Do you have the previous releases? The knives should be the same.

#20 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

I have the first guardians box set, but wasn't sure as I didn't buy the guardians when they got released as singles. So each figure has new features?

#21 stitch13

stitch13

Driller

• Members
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

I have the first guardians box set, but wasn't sure as I didn't buy the guardians when they got released as singles. So each figure has new features?

Groot is the recent comic pack version, but with red stripes instead of white. He matches the figures from the 2011 team pack.

Star-Lord has the Commander Rogers head with brown hair and painted five o'clock shadow.

Drax is a darker shade of green and has the Bleeding Edge Iron Man legs painted silver.

Gamora has 2 guns instead of 1, and she has the dull white plastic that the comic pack used, but without the glossy finish.

Rocket has white rings on his tail now and a white stripe on the lower half of his face. His belt and ammo pouches are brown instead of black, and his gloves are a different shade of red.

#22 Ddhawkins

Ddhawkins

Mouser

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

Nice one, cheers stitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us