Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Would you be interested in a MCU 10th Anniversary Wave in 2018?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BradMan

BradMan

Yo Joe!

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:34 PM

I know some people really like Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) figures and there are others who see any MCU figure as "taking a slot" from a comic style Marvel Legends figure.

Personally I love both styles and seeing my two collections grow as new waves are revealed.

With the release of the first "Iron Man" film in 2008, we are now coming up on the 10th Anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2018. While I'm sure that we will see a wave or two dedicated to "Avengers Infinity War", I think the 10th Anniversary also allows Hasbro a chance to celebrate the films that built the universe to where it is now.

Would anyone else be interested in a sort of MCU 10th Anniversary line?

I would love to see two waves as follows:

Wave 1
- Captain America "rescue costume" from "The First Avenger"
- Iron Man MK VII from "The Avengers"
- Black Widow in S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform from "Iron Man 2"
- Ronan the Accuser
- Vision
- Hawkeye in coat from "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
- BAF Red Skull in long black coat

Wave 2
- Mandarin (unproduced) from "Iron Man 3"
- Chitauri soldier from "The Avengers"
- Quicksilver from "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
- Scarlet Witch from "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
- Thor with armored sleeves from "The Dark World"
- Falcon from "Winter Soldier"
- BAF Crossbones from "Civil War"

#2 MCUcollector24

MCUcollector24

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

I know some people really like Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) figures and there are others who see any MCU figure as "taking a slot" from a comic style Marvel Legends figure.

Personally I love both styles and seeing my two collections grow as new waves are revealed.

With the release of the first "Iron Man" film in 2008, we are now coming up on the 10th Anniversary of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 2018. While I'm sure that we will see a wave or two dedicated to "Avengers Infinity War", I think the 10th Anniversary also allows Hasbro a chance to celebrate the films that built the universe to where it is now.

Would anyone else be interested in a sort of MCU 10th Anniversary line?

I would love to see two waves as follows:

Wave 1
- Captain America "rescue costume" from "The First Avenger"
- Iron Man MK VII from "The Avengers"
- Black Widow in S.H.I.E.L.D. uniform from "Iron Man 2"
- Ronan the Accuser
- Vision
- Hawkeye in coat from "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
- BAF Red Skull in long black coat

Wave 2
- Mandarin (unproduced) from "Iron Man 3"
- Chitauri soldier from "The Avengers"
- Quicksilver from "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
- Scarlet Witch from "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
- Thor with armored sleeves from "The Dark World"
- Falcon from "Winter Soldier"
- BAF Crossbones from "Civil War"

Hell yeah! I would throw in a YellowJacket figure somewhere.

#3 doubleD

doubleD

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

I wouldn't be interested. I only collect comic figures.

#4 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

neither would I. Not that it's not a good idea, people have to remember that ML is primarily a comic book figure toy line that has to have BOTH  comic and MCU figures in order to appeal to a mass market.

#5 mako

mako

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:32 AM

Huh, I always thought ML was a movie line that had to do a lot of comic figures to keep the fan-boys happy.

#6 x-man77

x-man77

Andorian

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

Nah, if you look back at the first several waves of "Return of Marvel Legends" especially, they're exclusively comic versions.  The movie figures gradually crept in as the films and tv series gained in popularity.

#7 MCUcollector24

MCUcollector24

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

Huh, I always thought ML was a movie line that had to do a lot of comic figures to keep the fan-boys happy.

I would agree with this since the rebranding into the Infinite Series and on. Movie figures saved the line.

#8 tarot

tarot

Major Bludd

• Moderators
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

I agree wholeheartedly that the MCU save the ML line, whether people agree or not, it's fact.  However that was mainly an excuse to sell the line to stores. ML is a comic book line. The movie figures are only included to sell to them. Look at the Spider-man and X-men lines. Except when there is a movie out like Homecoming they are primarily comic line. The avengers (including Cap, Thor, Ant-man, Strange, Gotg) are mostly made up of comic figures to with a few MCU figure to sell to store and MCU collectors. It's only just this year they decided to include MCU figures in every wave, which many people complain about but that again something we most deal with if we want the line to survive.

Again, I'm not saying that the MCU don't have a place in ML, but in order for a line to sell with MCU figures, they need to be a mixture of comic figure and MCU figurs.

#9 KiloinNorcal

KiloinNorcal

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

I generally don't buy movie figures.

#10 MCUcollector24

MCUcollector24

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

I agree wholeheartedly that the MCU save the ML line, whether people agree or not, it's fact.  However that was mainly an excuse to sell the line to stores. ML is a comic book line. The movie figures are only included to sell to them. Look at the Spider-man and X-men lines. Except when there is a movie out like Homecoming they are primarily comic line. The avengers (including Cap, Thor, Ant-man, Strange, Gotg) are mostly made up of comic figures to with a few MCU figure to sell to store and MCU collectors. It's only just this year they decided to include MCU figures in every wave, which many people complain about but that again something we most deal with if we want the line to survive.

Again, I'm not saying that the MCU don't have a place in ML, but in order for a line to sell with MCU figures, they need to be a mixture of comic figure and MCU figurs.

Well put.

#11 shatonamime

shatonamime

Andorian

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

I generally don't buy movie figures.

This is why we dont hang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us