Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Got my Dark Phoenix 2 pack yesterday, and it was pretty much worth the ebay mark up. It's a great set, and I think I'll hunt for another one since the normal Jean head (maybe a repainted Moonstone one?) would work great for Black Widow whether its the old one, the upcoming ones, or a custom.

You all will love this one; I went to my nearest TRU after work, knowing I wouldn't find the Phoenix 2 pack (and of course i didn't), but checked anyway. Well what I did see was a Spider-Man Sandman wave Shocker...with Thunderbolts insignia! I just HAVE to grab this! I pick up the box...AND IT'S TORN!!!! Just my luck! Well I bought it anyway since who knows if I'll ever see that again?! What made it all better was the Thor Raggy wave was waiting on my doorstep.

Oh and I think the Walgreens Human Torch is coming real soon.

Did you manage to preorder Human Torch somewhere? Or just a bit of inside info?

It's out overseas. Kapow Toys has them up for order and a reviewer I follow did an unboxing video yesterday.

Cool, that's great news!

yes but kapow doesn't deliver to the US anymore. great thing for the europeans who never can get any legends in store................ever.

Makes sense, I was more or less excited because it probably means Torch will start showing up within the next month or two, my local Walgreens is usually behind on getting new MLs.

Went to my TRU this morning in search of the cryptoid creature known as the Dark Phoenix two pack. I noticed there was finally a spot marked for them on the shelf but as always, they were all gone. After speaking to a store associate she confirmed they should still have one in stock. I figured I would give the store a once over and call it a day. Checking all the usual stash spots was the plan. First thought: clearance aisle. Saw some large boxed Big hero 6 stuff and figured that's a good place to start, ain't nobody buying this crap. Took out the first package and low and behold, Phoenix 2-pack sitting right there. Thank you obvious stasher!

Ya, as much as I deplored the whole Build-A-WTF thing the Web wings were definitely the most dissapointing part of the entire wave. The reality was such a letdown compared to the presentation. I immediately lost one in my rug as well, but my daughter found it a few days later while playing with her Shopkins. I put that sh!+ in a bag & put it in storage. I'm actually not such a fan of Stark-Tech Spidey anyway. It kinda irks me how much he depends on Stark in the movie. IMO its been the worst rendition of Spidey so far tho it was still a fairly decent movie.

Ya, as much as I deplored the whole Build-A-WTF thing the Web wings were definitely the most dissapointing part of the entire wave. The reality was such a letdown compared to the presentation. I immediately lost one in my rug as well, but my daughter found it a few days later while playing with her Shopkins. I put that sh!+ in a bag & put it in storage. I'm actually not such a fan of Stark-Tech Spidey anyway. It kinda irks me how much he depends on Stark in the movie. IMO its been the worst rendition of Spidey so far tho it was still a fairly decent movie.

It was a good movie and I liked Keaton's Vulture but the shoehorned in sjw aspects nearly ruined the movie for me.

You & me both, man. I'm surprised to find someone with that standpoint from the liberal stronghold that is Cali.

Since Disney purchased Marvel and immediately after CA: Winter Soldier, everything Marvel has put out has been a huge virtue signal about all kinds of SJW bullet points and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon. Expect Captain Marvel to be a massive one as well. As long as it's a good movie & they keep the preachiness to a level similar to the Wonder Woman movie I'm down, but if they get too in your face with the feminism push I'm out.

Word to the wise Marvel. We go to movies to be entertained and escape from the daily BS of the real world. Whatever side of the political spectrum we come from, no one wants to pay to see a huge political ad & be talked down to for 2 plus hours.

My anti-politics political rant. Back to toys. Has anyone heard any info on when the Amazon exclusive Defenders pack is set to release?

You & me both, man. I'm surprised to find someone with that standpoint from the liberal stronghold that is Cali.

Since Disney purchased Marvel and immediately after CA: Winter Soldier, everything Marvel has put out has been a huge virtue signal about all kinds of SJW bullet points and that doesn't seem to be changing any time soon. Expect Captain Marvel to be a massive one as well. As long as it's a good movie & they keep the preachiness to a level similar to the Wonder Woman movie I'm down, but if they get too in your face with the feminism push I'm out.

Word to the wise Marvel. We go to movies to be entertained and escape from the daily BS of the real world. Whatever side of the political spectrum we come from, no one wants to pay to see a huge political ad & be talked down to for 2 plus hours.

My anti-politics political rant. Back to toys. Has anyone heard any info on when the Amazon exclusive Defenders pack is set to release?

Haha yeah, I'm a conservative living in a sea of liberals. Oh well the weathers nice. Movie was good but pretty much all the "MJ" scenes "good I need a good protest" and "built by slaves" was just eye roll inducing for an escapist superhero flick.

Stopped by the TRU that opened in Times Square today around 90 minutes after they opened this morning. They had a pretty good selection of ML. Had a case or two of GotG2, Netflix, and a bunch of the Thor wave with plenty of everyone except Hela (I assume the crew I used to see waiting outside the old one grabbed them all as soon as they opened). They also had a bunch of Starlord/Ego and Groot, but no sign of Cyclops/Phoenix or Spidey/Mary-Jane.

Rolled into TRU today looking for the Spider-Man/Ironman 2 pack. Saw nothing on the shelves, but they did have the entire Netflix wave and all of the Thor wave except (of course) Ares. I picked up another Hela and when I went to pay, I got into a conversation with the cashier and he revealed they have the 2 pack and got me a couple. Only things left are the Walgreens Human Torch, Target Thor/Valkyrie 2 pack and the Vintage line coming out next month. If my wholesaler is any indicator, the Vintage figs should be less than $20.00. That would be a good thing considering they come with no BAF pieces.

Hela and Ares acquired. Just FosThor to go, then Human Torch, and I can call ML a day for the year.

Not so fast. I believe the retro carded figs are coming out soon.

Correct. Not to mention the Target exclusive Thor/Valkyrie 2-pack. Plus the word is the Deadpool wave will come out before year's end. Don't know how accurate that is.

Hela and Ares acquired. Just FosThor to go, then Human Torch, and I can call ML a day for the year.

True, I might pick up Black Widow, but the rest will be a pass for me.

Correct. Not to mention the Target exclusive Thor/Valkyrie 2-pack. Plus the word is the Deadpool wave will come out before year's end. Don't know how accurate that is.

True, but I'm not sure I'll be getting the Thor/Valkyrie pack. Going to wait for the reviews and see if I like the Valkyrie figure, not a huge MCU figure collector. I'd be up for the DP wave, but again there's only a couple figures I'm looking at in that wave, so that would certainly end the year better than another wave where I'm all in.