My Diorama Project

riot_control

I just typed 20 mins worth of post, but accidentally deleted it...so here is the quick and easy. Sorry to the guys on hisstank that already know about this project. :)

I am undertaking a huge diorama that will have the centerpiece of the X-Mansion in the center and would love all of your inputs. Realistically I would love to be able to include every MU ever made, but am going to focus on the best representation of each figure.

That said, which version would you chose to have:

-Wolverine

-Thor

-Captain America

-Spider-Man

etc

Anyways all of your suggestions and help are greatly appreciated. I have a huge space ready to go. Please check out my BST for the figures I am hoping to include. Yes shameless plug, but hey...it's for a good cause!

All you customizers out there, I am definitely going to want to talk with you in the near future for a few of the figs that haven't been produced yet. :)

I plan on incorporating some ML's as well.

Ok, ive been excited about doing this, and can't wait to start the planning. Thanks for taking an interest.

Chris

I work in a place called babbacombe Model Village (In case u want to look on the internet or youtube, which if I had a big space I would create a big diorama at home, its my dream, I mean I would have all the MU figures and I would make this way:

First I would get a big empty room, on the floor in the middle of the room, I would put some sort of big Fish tank, but one I could still be able to walk around, First from the bottom, I would make some kind of underwater diorama in it, for Namor, Than on top of it, I would make the diorama around it, leaving the center of the tank on top looking like a lake or even some sort of sea, but in the middle facing the lake would be the X-Mansion, than on the left site as the X-Mansion is facing you and on the bottom of it u have the tank also facing you so u could see the namor's world I would make a city for Spiderman, Blade and other city crime fighters, on the right side of the tank but coming more towards you, same on the other side I would make somethings for the Avengers, and on the back of the mansion I would put some trees and start put some molded mountains, than start going up u could make space for Asrgards with background colors like rainbow and gold, and still as u going up the wall to the ceiling and the sky is getting dark u could make a diorama for all the extraterrestrials characters like Galactus and others.

I only collect X-Men for lack of space, I made a very cheap diorama which I haven't finished and I will put the picture here later, as for the characters, I would put them on their latest costumes.

Here they go, sorry about the quality of my camera.

post-27368-1312196802_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196808_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196814_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196835_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196839_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196844_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196848_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196853_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196863_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196868_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196872_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196877_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196887_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196894_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196947_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196953_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196960_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196968_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196976_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196982_thumb.jpg

post-27368-1312196987_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wow, both of these dioramas sound pretty cool. Dinamite, your pics are gone or something. I guess if you uploaded them here, then you might have gotten rid of them to make room for others. I googled that model village you mentioned and wow that would be fun to do with action figures!!! Of course, you'd have to be Bill Gates or charge admission to be able to afford doing that kind of diorama, but it would be really cool.

Venom, how long do you think this is going to be? Is this like a year long thing, ongoing indefinitely, or something you plan to finish within the next month or two? It sounds rather time consuming (not to mention space consuming.lol)

Good luck with it, and please post some pics when it'd done.

• 2 months later...

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

Just a couple of WIP/test shots. Glued the foliage down to some particle board. Still have two more sheets of it to do...really just trying to eyeball the whole thing at the moment to see how it will fit together. Still need to finish cutting out windows..and still planning things as I go. The main part of the mansion isn't going to be covering that much of the grass. Thanks for looking :)

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...