Thor Ragnarok Movie first look (not figures!)

tarot

Well at least now we understand the Enchantress and Odinson figures rumored on the ML waves listings. Looks like they're both gonna be MCU figures. Here's to hoping the movie is as good as it looks. Or at the very least, better than Dark World.

if you are thinking the one in Green is Enchantress it's not. That Hela.

Lol. Ya, I realized that after I posted. I was just so stricken by the image that I got confused for a minute. I'm not one who's ever found Cate Blanchet all that atractive but.....damn, that's a really good look on her. Her as Hela is about 1000 times more appealing than Zoe Saldana as Gamora.

Incredible! I thought the same thing! I said to myself "Kate Blanchett looks....SEXY?!?!" Lol

LOL I agree CobraSaboteur!

Goldblum as Grandmaster looks AWESOME!!!

Since MCU Thor has always been the ML redheaded stepchild, I'm wary of how much love he will get, but since there is so much newness in this Thor movie, and GOTG is even releasing a Kurt Russell figure, I could see all sorts of Legends coming out of this:

MCU Thor

MCU Hulk

MCU Loki

MCU Valkyrie

MCU Hela

MCU Grandmaster

MCU Executioner?

MCU Odin (finally?)

Split across at least two waves (and maybe a 2pack, since those seem to be back this year) so we can get decent comic figures in would be ideal.

If this is the last Thor movie (marking the trilogy), I'm super disappointed not to see Enchantress in this movie. I have thought for YEARS that Charlize Theron would have been PERFECT for that role.

Yeah I hear ya man, would love nothing more than to see a few, really well executed Thor Waves! I imagine we will have to wait until SDCC to get to the real meat of it though. One thing I'll say is I will personally be SHOCKED if we actually get an MCU Hela considering the movie costume looks "close enough" to the comics and I just can't see them passing up on the opportunity to re-release the SDCC version with tweaked deco or something.

• 4 weeks later...

looking at the latest trailer I really think there will at least be 2 waves one with Gladiator Hulk.

Also It looks like Executioner is in this movie so maybe he is the BAF for the first rumoured wave.

Skurge is indeed the BAF for the 1st wave. And I agree with you; there needs to be a second, especially if the 1st is going to have Thor in his Battleworld armor. Makes zero sense if there isn't the Hulk in battle armor in there somewhere (until it's A-confirmed and B- released, guess we'll have to make due with the Planet Hulk figure for a few years back).

I'm hoping the Executioner BAF is the comic version because the movie version looks be way too small. I know the Mantis figure proves the BAF doesn't have to be large but there's nothing about the MCU Skurge that probably can't be done on single card. Also I'm hoping the Gladiator Hulk will be a comic version where the armor can be removed to just be Hulk. With Bruce Banner Hulk set to come back in the comics this would be the perfect time to strike while the iron's hot. My threshold for movie Hulks has reached it's peak, plus they did a really good job making the movie version look like the comic version it would be recognizable to the average consumer either way.

KiloinNorcal, I too have been underwhelmed by Valkyrie since they unveiled her months ago. Not sure what it is, whether it's the mundane color palette as compares to the rest of the characters or the lack of ornate armor, but it's just bland. To put it into perspective compare it to the Wonder Woman trailers. Even the most boring of the background Amazons are more interesting than Valkyrie. Best case scenario is that this is just her "civilian design" and she has a much more interesting transformation that they've been keeping under wraps. Though statistics would show that a picture would have been leaked by now. This might be as good as it gets. On the bright side it might be so boring that they would have to do a comic version of the character to avoid another Karl Mordo situation.