New Walgreens exclusive rumor

KiloinNorcal

That would be sweet. I was wondering/hoping if a new SS was gonna find his way into ML. Crossing my fingers this is true. I hope Walgreens keeps that pace up. There was a bit of a lull after invisible Girl but Human Torch & Medusa popped out one right after the other. Hopefully we get Mr. Fantastic, SS & Thing in a fairly quick procession. Makes me wonder what the possibility of getting an updated Dr. Doom or if Silver Surfer is gonna also end up as an exclusive or into one of the main lines, or (worst case scenario) in one of the future "Riders" sets. It may not be so bad if they included some sort of stand and power effects (that aren't the standard bubble or mystical effects that we're all accustomed to). It's 's cheap shot money grab, but I'm a sucker for stands & power effects.

That would be sweet. I was wondering/hoping if a new SS was gonna find his way into ML. Crossing my fingers this is true. I hope Walgreens keeps that pace up. There was a bit of a lull after invisible Girl but Human Torch & Medusa popped out one right after the other. Hopefully we get Mr. Fantastic, SS & Thing in a fairly quick procession. Makes me wonder what the possibility of getting an updated Dr. Doom or if Silver Surfer is gonna also end up as an exclusive or into one of the main lines, or (worst case scenario) in one of the future "Riders" sets. It may not be so bad if they included some sort of stand and power effects (that aren't the standard bubble or mystical effects that we're all accustomed to). It's 's cheap shot money grab, but I'm a sucker for stands & power effects.

If this pans out, that would be great! We'll have the entire FF roster before the end of next year, plus a Fantastic Four baddie and a couple allies, what with Medusa already out and Black Bolt coming out (or already out if you have the Thanos Imperative exclusive). You're right about the Silver Surfer in a riders series release being the "worst case scenario". His board does NOT constitute a "vehicle" ( in my opinion), but we take what we get don't we? Hell, if this Fox/Disney deal goes through, we may not even have a need for the FF to be solely exclusive purchases (we can dream).

• 2 weeks later...

I realize this is slightly off-topic, but considering the only types of vehicles you can possibly get in a set such as these, at this price-point, are variations on motorcycle themes, I'd say not only would I be willing to consider the Surfer's board a vehicle, I'd welcome it.

Once I got over the coolness of the Widow set, and the "well duh" factor of the Ghost Rider set, I had to groan at the endless series of character-specific "hogs" we'll be subjected to if these sets prove successful.

Seriously, are we really ready for an Iron-Cycle? A Hulk-T-V? Oooo, a Sub-Marinawaverider!

This isn't the 80s or 90's so I think we won't have to worry about that. Wolverine with his bike would be one obvious one . Maybe one with a small fantastic shuttle as well. Possibly Hawkeye's old glider . Really the toybiz line got most of the decent ones but I would love redos.

I think "Young Logan" on his bike is a lock as well, but how about Captain America on his bike, either WWII version or modern version. They both could do with an update. The current Marvel NOW! Cap is too small and the last WWII one used an older body mold. Also, I seem to remember Colleen Wing riding a badass bike at one time and I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen her on one, but it seems like Silver Sable might be a well suited character for a bike. Of course, there's always Gwenpool on a dirt bike or scooter, and Danny Ketch & Carter Slade Ghost Riders on their respectable steeds. Hasbro could also use this arrangement to give us a comic style Winter Soldier or how bout a comic style Falcon that actually comes with wings. The wings might be a bit skimpy to count as an actual vehicle, but maybe they could include both Falcon & Captain Wilson figures to offset that. That would be something I wouldn't mind paying for.

I think there's a few more possibilities than we originally thought, but most likely each "wave" would have to consist of a marquee character and a lesser known one in a combination such as Wolverine & Colleen or Cap America & Silver Sable. That being the case, don't be surprised if an Ultimate Spider-Man era Spidey-Bike shows up, if only for some character recognition to pair with.

I know it's a long shot, but a Coulson or Ultimate Nick Fury in a hover car would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think well see Deadpool in a riders wave. Theres only a certain number of Deadpool costumes and I dont think many people would buy a figure they already had just to get a scooter with it.

Id like to see the fantasticar, with a piece coming with each of the four in their future foundation costumes.

Spider-mobile would be my biggest want though. Hasbro could do a classic one or the updated vehicle featured in worldwide. If the vehicle wave is to be successful theyre gonna have to deviate from just giving a bike to every man and his dog.

Yeah, I bet they won't make any more Wolverine or Spider-Man figures either. :wink:

Lol. Ya, the idea that any one of the current cash cows is being ruled out to appear in a vehicles wave is laughable. Deadpool may not, but he's got as much a possibility as any of the other marquee characters. I saw the Spider cycle coming a mile away & it will happen. When it does, the DP on a scooter will not seem so far fetched in retrospect. Hell I wouldn't even rule out, or be all that opposed if the did a "Tongue in Cheek" (or serious, for that matter) Hulk cycle a' la the Toybiz Bump'n'Go toys from the early 2000's. Just get me a damn updated hulk on the Ragnarok Hulk buck. My money's just waiting to be spent. Now that I think about it, just include any random bike that any of the other figures would fit on. Just get it done.

As far as future Dedpools? The possibilities are endless. I know we don't wanna see them all but in order for the line to continue we're gonna have to come to terms with the fact that every variation is being thoroughly weighed. Can't have any more Deadpool waves without Deadpool, after all. For this, I'm still somewhat convinced (and hopeful) that the upcoming DP wave will include Warpath rather than X-Force DP. I would think they're saving him to anchor the next wave. Then all they'll have left as headliners are X-Men DP, Movie DP (face it, it's coming), battle damaged DP, Weapon X DP, Venompool (not back in black), boxer shorts DP, Leifield DP (sorry, puked a little), Hulked DP, Secret Wars DP (with alternate head & broken shield) etc....etc. Believe me, he's far from being fully exploited

Yeah, I bet they won't make any more Wolverine or Spider-Man figures either. :wink:

Lol. Ya, the idea that any one of the current cash cows is being ruled out to appear in a vehicles wave is laughable. Deadpool may not, but he's got as much a possibility as any of the other marquee characters. I saw the Spider cycle coming a mile away & it will happen. When it does, the DP on a scooter will not seem so far fetched in retrospect. Hell I wouldn't even rule out, or be all that opposed if the did a "Tongue in Cheek" (or serious, for that matter) Hulk cycle a' la the Toybiz Bump'n'Go toys from the early 2000's. Just get me a damn updated hulk on the Ragnarok Hulk buck. My money's just waiting to be spent. Now that I think about it, just include any random bike that any of the other figures would fit on. Just get it done.

As far as future Dedpools? The possibilities are endless. I know we don't wanna see them all but in order for the line to continue we're gonna have to come to terms with the fact that every variation is being thoroughly weighed. Can't have any more Deadpool waves without Deadpool, after all. For this, I'm still somewhat convinced (and hopeful) that the upcoming DP wave will include Warpath rather than X-Force DP. I would think they're saving him to anchor the next wave. Then all they'll have left as headliners are X-Men DP, Movie DP (face it, it's coming), battle damaged DP, Weapon X DP, Venompool (not back in black), boxer shorts DP, Leifield DP (sorry, puked a little), Hulked DP, Secret Wars DP (with alternate head & broken shield) etc....etc. Believe me, he's far from being fully exploited

Isn't the new DP we are getting in his first wave basically the Leifield DP (costume wise), or do you mean a figure sculpted to look like Leifield's..."style" of drawing?

Isn't the new DP we are getting in his first wave basically the Leifield DP (costume wise), or do you mean a figure sculpted to look like Leifield's..."style" of drawing?

Hopefully not his style of drawing, DP wouldn't have any feet!

Haha! It could come with interchangeable nubs.

Haha! It could come with interchangeable nubs.

And a misshapen alien head & tiny hands with impossibly pointy fingers. Hell, to complete the Leifeld feel throw in an unmasked head with a freakishly small nose, tiny eyes with no pupils, a giant forehead with a widow's peak that leads to a huge mass of blown out spikey hair (even though he's supposed to be horribly scared and hairless) that sticks straight out in all directions & could easily be undescernable between a male or female hairstyle & a wide open 'Receiving a Rectal Exam' mouth expression with a hundred teeth. Then throw it on a neck on top of an impossibly ridiculously anotomically disproportionate chest that protrudes about 4x the average body builder and you have the true Leifeld experience.