Marvel Legends vs. the Hot Toys lineup

ebBENflow

Anyone else slightly put out by the fact that Hot Toys manages to release every character in the MCU at hundreds of bucks a pop but poor Hasbro can barely keep up with main characters. How is this even possible? Are that many people buying the Hot Toys stuff? What kinda jobs do these guys have that they can afford to keep Hot Toys in business? And yes I know Im a complainer and that this topic will attract some "less than polite" responses, but this is keeping me awake at night. Anyone else losing sleep over Hasbro bum bangin us?

Well...I'm pretty sure Hot Toys releases mostly if not only movie versions of characters. Since that's the case they can spend more time on obscure MCU characters and armors rather than trying to please a wider fan base that is looking for both comic and movie figures. It kind of leaves Hasbro sticking around the middle where they produce only the characters most people (and yes kids) will recognize/want.

The sheer diversity of characters Hasbro has produced is staggering, unfortunately maybe not in the movie department but when you look at everything, Comic and Cinematic they deserve some credit. But hey you're welcome to your gripe.

Plus as you stated, Hot Toys items are insanely expensive, so people that shell out for them are looking for a pretty specialized figure whether it's detailed, or obscure, or whatever. So they can afford to take chances and put out less figures overall because the lack of quantity is easily made up by the price point.

Nope. It's just like what was said above. Hot Toys characters are usually digitally scanned from the actors themselves and alot more time is taken for these figures to be as realistic as possible. Cloth clothing and etc. Notice you only get a few releases a year and in much less quantity than ML. Not too mention the price If Hasbro took that much time and put more focus on MCU figures it'd be almost as bad an uproar when we had that drought of legends not long after they first took over. I know it may be hard to accept the market for comic versions is much bigger than the MCU. Putting them out the way they do now works for their business. The $20 price already kills my wallet now. I'd have to quit if I had to pay more for just a few figures a year and still not have all the characters I want or a wide selection to choose from.

Touche. Points made and accepted. Im hoping to make the transition to hot toys soon myself. I feel like i have to. Quality aside, theyre the only company thats producing the characters i want. I do still think that more movie legends would sell. So many missed oppourtunities. But i see what youre saying about why hasbro wouldnt bother. Not that it doesnt get my goat that they didnt bother. Thanks for the feedback!

It's all good, it does seem like a missed opportunity (or ten). Personally i wish they would make all of them. I'm not an MCU collector but I'd be down for the Iron Man armory from IM3 and some Frost Giants. I wish I could bring myself to transfer to Hot Toys, but that price point is just out of my league :)