Official Hascon 2017 Discussion

tarot

The first Hascon is starting this weekend (and hopefully not the last) so here is the thread for all the news from there.

First I like to say we don't know how Hasbro is going to reveal stuff (all at once or some each day) or even if they will reveal stuff but that's unlikely. This is the first one ever so we will see.

As alway:

• DO NOT POST PICS OR LINK TO OTHER SITES.
    • I know we all get excited when we read something on another site but please know that this site will post news and images on the main page. You are allow to write what other sites have reported, that fine as we know we can't stop you all from doing that but don't post any pics or link. That plus our boss get really mad at us lol :P
  • Don't not make multiple thread discussing the same thing.
    • Keep all Hascon news to this thread. If you have an opinion or even anger rant (come one we know some one will), please post it here. If we MODs see a thread like this one, it will be merged together with this one.
  • Try and keep wishlist til after the SDCC, (Sunday or Monday).
    • We are not going to ban wishlist thread, in fact we like them, but there is really no point in make a list until we know all that is coming out. Also their will usually be the annual "Post Hascon Wishlist" Thread going up on Monday.

New News

The biggest take-away for me was definetely the Model-Prime Armor finally getting a figure, with a pretty nice set of accessories (including a Tony Stark head, no less) I hope the shapeshifted arm cannon is a snap-on or something like that (also, taking into account the many forms the armor can take, that cannon looks a bit lazy, specially considering the blade the 3.75 version got... maybe it looks better from a different angle).

I know a lot of people are going to be like "another Iron Man, really?" but there are chances this is going to be the first modern Iron Man action figure that comes out while Tony is still wearing said suit in the comics (if he does go back to it when he returns for Marvel Legacy, of course). Additionally, the last two Iron Man figures were underwhelming repaints, specially the Marvel NOW! armor.

On a side note, I'm pretty happy to see Hasbro will keep pushing these low-cost kid-oriented 6 inch figures with the Black Panther ones. They're much more, um, I guess "sophisticated" is the word I'm looking for, than past kid-oriented figures, and can double as a good introduction to 6 inch figures in general. I only wish they went an extra mile and added knee joints. If you're willing to give them elbow joints, you should also give them knee joints.

The worst thing about working night in Ireland is that you have to sneak away to look at the new reveals.

anyhow... I am loving what I am seeing. Hopefully we will get more tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath. The final reveals of the year will be in a month anyway.

Here is my first Hascon Figure by Figure reaction.

• Iron Man - loving this. do people not realise that it's have been nearly 3 years since we have had a Iron Man that wasn't a repaint or shitty movie fig? Finishing off that team works too.
  • King Cobra- Nice Additon and great reuse of the Goblin build. Who's Next though? Diamondback please.
  • Spider-woman - well we kinda knew this was the one but I was hoping for Julia or Mattie. Nice figure none the less.
  • Paladin - glad we get this guy but meh.
  • That puppet from Saw is making me think that we are getting Arcade in the X-men wave.
  • Wolverine - could this be the best Wolverine ever? why yes. looks like it.
  • Psylocke - finally!! now I can retire the X-force one. Loving the Effects
  • Storm - Love this design but Hasbro..........Storm has no powers at this time.
  • Klaw - Yes! using the 2099 build as well.
  • Shuri - Nice. it's great to have more of BP family.
  • Thanos - really stupid. Only done cause some where whining that he didn't have the Infinity gauntlet the first time.
  • Apocalypse - looking as nice as when we saw him the last time. I really want to see the changable parts.

I figured we were due for a Storm figure in this upcoming wave, either the Jim Lee version or how she looked when she first joined the team. I was not expecting the 80's mohawk version. Huge bummer for me though because I am not a fan of her mohawk which is why I passed on the Toys R Us exclusive some years ago. I plan on picking this one up anyways because I want the whole entire wave.

Psylocke looks pretty sweet and love her new look. Wolverine looks great too. Now my fingers are crossed that we are getting a trenchcoat Gambit.

The worst thing about working night in Ireland is that you have to sneak away to look at the new reveals.

LOL, same here but I work nights in the U.S. I always have to sneak to the company computer around SDCC or NYCC to see whats coming out.

Speaking of NYCC, are they planning more reveals around that time or is this it till Toy Fair?

LOL, same here but I work nights in the U.S. I always have to sneak to the company computer around SDCC or NYCC to see whats coming out.

Speaking of NYCC, are they planning more reveals around that time or is this it till Toy Fair?

yep hence the reason they didn't complete the spider-man wave

I figured we were due for a Storm figure in this upcoming wave, either the Jim Lee version or how she looked when she first joined the team. I was not expecting the 80's mohawk version. Huge bummer for me though because I am not a fan of her mohawk which is why I passed on the Toys R Us exclusive some years ago. I plan on picking this one up anyways because I want the whole entire wave.

Psylocke looks pretty sweet and love her new look. Wolverine looks great too. Now my fingers are crossed that we are getting a trenchcoat Gambit.

Blasphemy!!! LOL Her mohawk look is by far the best. Love me some punk Storm especially since it wasn't just a fashion statement and storms early ethos fit the punk mantra. Now it would be silly for her to have it and I love her new post secret war look .

yep hence the reason they didn't complete the spider-man wave

Dwight Stall said the Black Panther movie figures will be revealed at NYCC.

I'm liking most of what I'm seeing and I hate to be the guy that complains all the time, but really I dont. So here I go.

As I said I'm happy with most of the reveal so far, but there are some real hiccups that it looks are already past fixable at this point so I guess we'll have to deal with them. It doesn't mean we can't still point em out though. I believe it's already been said, but damnit, the first comic Iron Man and altogether new Iron Man we get after several years and the damn thing is too scrawney. AGAIN! It does look good. The design & sculpt are spot on, but he's clearly TOO FREAKING SHORT & SKINNY. This is however fixable at this point. Cuz we all know the prototypes are all done through digital scanning these days all Hasbro has to do is scale this thing up about 10%. He's wearing armor. He needs to look like a guy wearing armor. Armor adds height & width to anyone, I don't care how "stremlined" it is. Seriously, you coulda got a Spider-Man buck & sculpted armor on top of it & got the necessary effect, scan the damn thing into the computer & there you go. Hell I'm a customizer and I woulda done it for free. I just want a comic accurate IM, that's all. Nice alternate head sculpt though. He really looks like a douche. Perfect!

I'm ecstatic were finally getting a decent Psylocke. That X-Force one is so dated at this point. Do I have a complaint? Yes.....WTF is up with that head sculpt. I've heard JC & Shartimus both complain on occasion about the inability of Hasbro to do Asian faces, but I just blew it off at the time, but this time I'm all on board with them. Don't get me wrong, it's a pleasing face but it sure as hell ain't Asian. Still time to fix that. At least it seams like an original sculpt. Guess they coulda just hosed us and reused the Silk head sculpt, soooo.....at least there's that.

I'm not in love with the Storm figure. Totally unnecessary figure & unremarkable design from a very short era in the comics. The head sculpt is nice but what's up with that expression? Hopefully she comes with either an alt head sculpt or a box of Ex Lax to take care of whatever she's got going on there. I would also like to address some who made a point about the power effects. She actually did have this costume on when her powers re-manifested so technically the power effects are accurate. Come to think of it, she also had that stupid smirk on her face so I guess that where that comes into play. I still don't like it.

Talking about a figure I thought we'd never get, I'm totally stoked about Paladin. King Cobra? To quote the great and wise Peter Griffin, "OMG, Who The Hell Cares!". Wolverine? Yep, that's the one we've been waiting for. Congrats, Marvel for managing to jam the "All New All Different", PC, SJW Spider-Woman down our throats. Whatever, I'm sure I'll need the BAF piece. Lizard? SWEET! Namor? Awesome! Klaw? Much better. Blackbolt? Better...I guess. Medusa? Shorter, maybe. Shuri? Uhm, who the hell is that? Thanos? Cheap pop & a cleaver way to get us to pay 20+ bucks for a miniature Infinity Gauntlet. Business is business, I suppose. Guess I'll hafta get it. Damnit!

Yes indeed, another fine showing from the folks at Hasbro. Hopefully there a few more before final wrap up but I'm sure they need to leave I little bit of excitement for NYCC. I know that's what they're saving that amazing & awesome Strong Guy reveal for, right Hasbro, eh?! Right...? right? please.....? Ahem, anyways. It was nice to at least get a little preview of what's next on deck to bust my wallet.

Team Strong Guy for life.

I'm liking most of what I'm seeing and I hate to be the guy that complains all the time, but really I dont. So here I go.

As I said I'm happy with most of the reveal so far, but there are some real hiccups that it looks are already past fixable at this point so I guess we'll have to deal with them. It doesn't mean we can't still point em out though. I believe it's already been said, but damnit, the first comic Iron Man and altogether new Iron Man we get after several years and the damn thing is too scrawney. AGAIN! It does look good. The design & sculpt are spot on, but he's clearly TOO FREAKING SHORT & SKINNY. This is however fixable at this point. Cuz we all know the prototypes are all done through digital scanning these days all Hasbro has to do is scale this thing up about 10%. He's wearing armor. He needs to look like a guy wearing armor. Armor adds height & width to anyone, I don't care how "stremlined" it is. Seriously, you coulda got a Spider-Man buck & sculpted armor on top of it & got the necessary effect, scan the damn thing into the computer & there you go. Hell I'm a customizer and I woulda done it for free. I just want a comic accurate IM, that's all. Nice aliterate head sculpt though. He really looks like a douche. Perfect!

I'm ecstatic were finally getting a decent Psylocke. That X-Force one is so dated at this point. Do I have a complaint? Yes.....WTF is up with that head sculpt. I've heard JC & Shartimus both complain on occasion about the inability of Hasbro to do Asian faces, but I just blew it off at the time, but this time I'm all on board with them. Don't get me wrong, it's a pleasing face but it sure as hell ain't Asian. Still time to fix that. At least it seams like an original sculpt. Guess they coulda just hosed us and reused the Silk head sculpt, soooo.....at least there's that.

I'm not in love with the Storm figure. Totally unnecessary figure & unremarkable design from a very short era in the comics. The head sculpt is nice but what's up with that expression? Hopefully she comes with either an alt head sculpt or a box of Ex Lax to take care of whatever she's got going on there. I would also like to address some who made a point about the power effects. She actually did have this costume on when her powers re-manifested so technically the power effects are accurate. Come to think of it, she also had that stupid smirk on her face so I guess that where that comes into play. I still don't like it.

Talking about a figure I thought we'd never get, I'm totally stoked about Paladin. King Cobra? To quote the great and wise Peter Griffin, "OMG, Who The Hell Cares!". Wolverine? Yep, that's the one we've been waiting for. Congrats, Marvel for managing to jam the "All New All Different", PC, SJW Spider-Woman down our throats. Whatever, I'm sure I'll need the BAF piece. Lizard? SWEET! Namor? Awesome! Klaw? Much better. Blackbolt? Better...I guess. Medusa? Shorter, maybe. Shuri? Uhm, who the hell is that? Thanos? Cheap pop & a cleaver way to get us to pay 20+ bucks for a miniature Infinity Gauntlet. Business is business, I suppose. Guess I'll hafta get it. Damnit!

Yes indeed, another fine showing from the folks at Hasbro. Hopefully there a few more before final wrap up but I'm sure they need to leave I little bit of excitement for NYCC. I know that's what they're saving that amazing & awesome Strong Guy reveal for, right Hasbro, eh?! Right...? right? please.....? Ahem, anyways. It was nice to at least get a little preview of what's next on deck to bust my wallet.

Looking at the pics, I hate to say it but I'm pretty sure Psylocke is using at least the head from Silk with maybe some new hair. But that's really a small thing since it is a great headsculpt, and looks enough like the typical Psylocke head. As for the whole it's not Asian looking enough....neither are 99% of her appearances in a Marvel comic, or other media since the JIm Lee days (or maybe even longer).

For me I'm a little underwhelmed by the reveals. I know everyone is ecstatic over the new Wolverine, but for everyone's Deadpool fatigue, I have an equal amount of Wolverine fatigue. Storm, is mostly a pass, except she'll have those effects, which accurate or not, I want them. Iron Man and Spider-Woman for me are both "wait and sees" if they look really good when they come out, or have a piece for a BAF I want, then sure I'll get them. Apocalypse and Thanos are as disappointing as they were at SDCC, since this will be each one's second BAF, Apocalypse I might be able to forgive, since it's been a long time since the larger ToyBiz one, and its hopefully smaller. Thanos? Can't forgive it, just can't, same as the one from three years ago, brighter paint apps maybe, and the infinity gauntlet glove, pass. That old Thanos wasn't that great to begin with, I don't need a re-release. Now down to the good stuff...

• Klaw and Shuri-Definitely expected to see both, but rather as single carded figures. This must have been what that one picture from SDCC was of, I could never find one that was high res enough to be sure. But again, I expect these two to show up eventually, so not terribly exciting, even though Klaw looks 1000% better than the original.
  • King Cobra-What ever it takes to get the Serpent Society out there, I'm game, he looks great.
  • PSYLOCKE-Last but never least, Hasbro finally did it! A new Psylocke, from the pics I can't tell exactly if that's some reuse of the Silk headsculpt, but if it is, who cares! Every customizer worth their salt has been converting that headsculpt into a Psylocke head ever since it was released, I even did, and I'm not a good customizer by any stretch of the imagination. Add in those new effects and the classic costume and this is easily a home run! I'll even give the less than stellar other figures from the X-Men wave a pass, because of how great this one is!

As I said I'm happy with most of the reveal so far, but there are some real hiccups that it looks are already past fixable at this point so I guess we'll have to deal with them. It doesn't mean we can't still point em out though. I believe it's already been said, but damnit, the first comic Iron Man and altogether new Iron Man we get after several years and the damn thing is too scrawney. AGAIN! It does look good. The design & sculpt are spot on, but he's clearly TOO FREAKING SHORT & SKINNY. This is however fixable at this point. Cuz we all know the prototypes are all done through digital scanning these days all Hasbro has to do is scale this thing up about 10%. He's wearing armor. He needs to look like a guy wearing armor. Armor adds height & width to anyone, I don't care how "stremlined" it is. Seriously, you coulda got a Spider-Man buck & sculpted armor on top of it & got the necessary effect, scan the damn thing into the computer & there you go. Hell I'm a customizer and I woulda done it for free. I just want a comic accurate IM, that's all. Nice aliterate head sculpt though. He really looks like a douche. Perfect!

I'm right there with you on Iron Man. I really thought they resolved this issue, especially when you consider they are aware of it! Unfortunately the figure you saw isn't a prototype. It's production (Dwight stated this in an interview with Boog Nice) so what we see...is what we're getting (yup, this includes the way too short Sasquatch BAF).

What's wrong with Spider-Woman? How is it PC and SJW?

People claim Marvel made her look more pc now because she no longer wears the tight bodysuit or have the voluptious figure any more. Marvel redesigned her to be more modern but less of a fan service character, is what he's referring to.
I honestly didn't care for her original outfit. I like this modern look. I actually read for the full ANAD run. If you read that run, you'll see that she is still drawn with a voluptuous body, just with a practical costume now.

What's wrong with Spider-Woman? How is it PC and SJW?

People claim Marvel made her look more pc now because she no longer wears the tight bodysuit or have the voluptious figure any more. Marvel redesigned her to be more modern but less of a fan service character, is what he's referring to.
I honestly didn't care for her original outfit. I like this modern look. I actually read for the full ANAD run. If you read that run, you'll see that she is still drawn with a voluptuous body, just with a practical costume now.
Kilo pretty much summed up my point. It's not an enormous Socio-political statement to younger people (pardon me for assuming your much younger than me) but ya, there was a time when Spider-Woman was officially voted "sexiest super hero" so of course, modern culture had to knock her down a peg. It wasn't just the costume, which is horrible, not the fact that they created this ridiculous "fighting crime pregnant & then eventually with a baby" storyline. Not the whole "I'm not affiliated with Spider-Man (or any other MAN, for that fact) cuz I'm my own person" narrative. It's the accumulation of all of it. Nobody wants to be talked down to or preached to or condescended in their comics and if you do you got characters like Ms. Marvel & Viv Vision to abuse you. Why take down an awesome character like Spider-Woman who had just crawled her way back from obscurity just a few years before, partially because of her sex appeal. Women should be proud they have that kinda control over men and even other women. That was part of her skill set. The fact that she was attractive distracted men and I specifically remember that being part of who she was back before it was so evil to find attractive women attractive. Now days pity be on the poor guy who actually tries to tell a woman she's attractive. "I'm sorry ma'am, I was way outta line by suggesting you were very pleasing to look at, so spraying mace in my face is totally understandable, but maybe you could you help me understand exactly why you go to the gym every day and then put on make up and then comb your hair and dress nicely? Cuz I know why men do it and as equals I could only assume we did it for similar reasons." "Oh I see, it's an empowerment thing? My mistake ma'am, have a nice day. I mean, if it's okay to call you ma'am....or tell you to have a nice day?" "Oh, more mace...Thank you."

Leave our favorite chapters alone.

I didn't know any of that lol. I just actually started reading comics a few years ago so I don't have all the history of these kinds of things. I tend to think people on both sides have their fair points. I'm very go with the flow so whatever changes are made, they're made so I move on. Don't really care about the reason. That is also attributed to the fact that I haven't been a long time reader of the comics though.