My thoughts on Thanos Wave

Heisenberg

Plus yours hopefully.

From worst to first I guess.

7. Hellcat. Like most of these figures I think the head sculpt is pretty good. It kinda looks like 60s era Batman to me to be honest. Its a decent figure but two main the ruin the figure for me. The hair and the boots. The boots just look horrible with the paint bleeding through. The hair is very rigid and looks like the same exact hue as Carrot Top. I do like getting lesser known figures though. I mean you can hide the flaws easy enough but still.

6. Thanos. I was pretty excited for this figure but honestly I like my Marvel Select Thanos much more and it still seems to fit in scale well. I wouldn't say its a bad figure but I just think it could have been much better. How do you guys feel about this guy?

5. Hulk I love love love the head sculpt but the rest of the figure seems like it was a prototype. I mean what is wrong with his chest? I really needed a Hulk and was happy to get him but a few days later I bought the new Marvel Select Hulk at the Disney Store and it just looks better. I think with some better sculpt work and shading this could have been a great figure.

4. Batroc. I just really like the color scheme and was happy to get this guy. His body looks like a hundred other legends though. I am not sure if its just mine but it looks like he had an accident with his razor as some of his goatee is missing.

3. Iron Man. I think this guy is pretty solid. There is nothing that really stands out but once you get him on a shelf I feel he looks pretty good at least from the front. I needed a modern looking Iron Man as well and I am super excited to get the MN! figure.

2. Captain America. I really like the figure this first time and I still do. I was happy to get one that looks a little more like class Cap.

1. Spider Woman. I actually really really like this figure. Which makes the issue with her belly button even more of a bummer. Its not just mine as I had one of my friends at a comic shop hold me another figure of her as I was hoping it would be better. It had the same exact problem. Its not horrible but I mean come on guys. Other than that I think she is a pretty dank figure lol. Especially when I give her some webs to shoot.

So, all in all I find myself mostly happy with this wave and glad I have it but at the same time its annoying that almost every figure has some sort of flaw that I don't think would have been that hard to fix. They need better quality control and shouldn't put out figures like the Hulk that look almost unfinished. I mean I basically paid the same price for my Marvel Select Hulk as my Marvel Legends. The saving grace for Legends tends to be the BAF but I haven't seen one with a WOW factor in awhile. Although to be fair that will change next edition with Hulk Buster. If they are going to try and kill the Marvel Universe line to focus on Legends they should at least take a little more pride in the figures they are putting out. Maybe I am biased and bitter because I loved the MU line but I don't believe I am the only person who feels this way.

On the other hand when the figures are good they are good and you gotta love all the awesome figures that are coming out this year. In terms of selection they are doing a great job. Although, I just don't understand ignoring half of your universe. They could have so many awesome X-Men characters that we need. People would buy them and I don't think the figures are going to change someone's mind about going to see the movie.

Do you think we will ever see another X-Men wave? How did you feel about this wave and the direction in general?

I agree with a lot of what you said here. I didn't like Hellcat much so I skipped the figure all together. I also skipped the Avengers AoU figures because I have the one's from the first movie and didn't want the updated costumes. I found the wave to be solid, but it didn't have an overall wow factor for me.

• Spider-Woman: Like you said the QC issues were a major disappointment. However, for me at least I think the figure has so much going for it. In the sculpt department it is awesome, probably my favorite of the new female figures (aside from Black Cat).
  • Batroc: Yes the body is starting to wear thin with how it looks like every other Bucky body double. But those zany colors and awesome head sculpt really draw my attention away from this problem at times. I really enjoy the figure he's good for a chuckle, mainly because I thought I'd never see him.
  • Thanos: I was so pumped from him, and like you said he kind of falls flat. I too prefer my MS Thanos and while I'm glad I have the Legends Thanos, I'm sticking with the MS one.

They could do a lot with the X-Men, but it's not about us at this point. It feels like another part of the long war between Marvel and Fox over getting the X-Men back under the Marvel movie brand. I think the only way we'll ever see another X-Men Legend is as a SDCC exclusive since those won't be mass produced. I hate the direction with the X-Men honestly, I'd really like to see a new Jim Lee Cyclops and new Jim Lee Rogue.

Overall though the direction of Legends is pretty sound aside from the lack of FF and X-Men.

tThanks for the response. I agree 100% with what you had to say.

Its not really about money with the X-Men Legends is it? I mean I don't see how selling the figures is really going to help Fox that much. They are really just biting off their nose to spite their face. I guess they think that Fox will eventually give up on the X-Men if Marvel does not really support them? That's such a fucking shame.

From a business standpoint, sure it makes sense, but overall it's not going to do much. Marvel has withdrawn most of their support from the X-Men outside of comics, adding in action figures to that wouldn't change much. If X-Men Apocalypse is even half of DoFP they won't get them back by simply stopping Hasbro from releasing figures. As it is the Avengers and Spidey would probably keep Hasbro from releasing more than one or two waves of X-Men.

Love it or hate it DoFP has changed things significantly, Fox has seen the potential in the X-Men again and they will capitalize on it, Marvel isn't getting them back any time soon (sadly). There's Deadpool, Gambit, a new Wolverine movie, and a New Mutants TV series in the wings. If Fox keeps it up they're going to see a modicum of success (at the least), which will be enough to keep the X-Men out of Marvel's hands no matter how much the feud with Fox.

In the mean time it makes no sense to not at least allow for one wave of figures since this really isn't hurting Fox that much with what they have planned.