200-2009 Hasbro Marvel Legends Product Release

InTheKnow08

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Thanos Marvel Select and it is awesome. I don't think they could do a better Thanos and would rather them not even try. It fits in well with the rest of my ML display.

Thanos is 6'7. The marvel select version is far too big. end of story.

I agree 100% with MacDeez, but Johnny is exactly what I'm talking about- and he's far from the only person I've seen make that statement.

I own the MS Thanos, he's awesome and MAYBE 1/2 an inch out of scale... no big to me given the wild variation of scale issues in the ML line anyway. But to the 'scale-conscious', a BAF Thanos would probably be at least the same size (look at Annihilus and Blob- both around 7"), so right there he's not going to please a good portion of the fandom. They could have 'sucked it up' and bought MS Thanos if they wanted him that big.

Again, I'd rather believe that Hasbro pays attention to things like that (hey, this is practically a 'wish thread anyway, why not go all out?), and would make a single-carded Thanos, as that's all we need.

I have the Thanos Marvel Select and it is awesome. I don't think they could do a better Thanos and would rather them not even try. It fits in well with the rest of my ML display.

I agree 100% with MacDeez, but Johnny is exactly what I'm talking about- and he's far from the only person I've seen make that statement.

I own the MS Thanos, he's awesome and MAYBE 1/2 an inch out of scale... no big to me given the wild variation of scale issues in the ML line anyway. But to the 'scale-conscious', a BAF Thanos would probably be at least the same size (look at Annihilus and Blob- both around 7"), so right there he's not going to please a good portion of the fandom. They could have 'sucked it up' and bought MS Thanos if they wanted him that big.

Again, I'd rather believe that Hasbro pays attention to things like that (hey, this is practically a 'wish thread anyway, why not go all out?), and would make a single-carded Thanos, as that's all we need.

see the thing bout Thanos is the old debate of Height VS Bulk. Thanos is a character that is smaller then the hulk butbulkier then most. of course he could be given as a regular figure. I think people (including myself who owns the MS version) would just rather a more articulation and in scale version of Thanos.

But your right bout MS Version. it is an outstanding figure.

see the thing bout Thanos is the old debate of Height VS Bulk. Thanos is a character that is smaller then the hulk butbulkier then most. of course he could be given as a regular figure.

I'm in the camp that doesn't mind getting 'bulky' figures as BAFs if they obviously wouldn't have fit on the card, and I maintain that not a single BAF so far would have easily done so, or that if they had, they wouldn't have sold- I would not want to be the fan living by the Wal-Mart that refuses to restock because half a dozen Blobs have taken up three pegs!

But the point is that not a single BAF has been under 7" (even Mojo is if you include the tail, and Brood Queen is well over in length), and Thanos would not be likely to be an exception. We've seen figures that are the size Thanos should be and larger on a regular card (Planet Hulk), so there's no reason to make him a BAF.

boy this would be awesome if true but where are the wolverine movie figs . but alas i dont see hasbro doing this many figures between then and now

Exactly. We've seen 4 waves in a year and a half and now every figure we could possibly want will be released in the next year and a half? This is obviously somebody's wish list with a bogus timeline...nice list though...even if it is missing the Wrecking Crew box set.

weather the post is genuine or not the question remains.......

would you be happy is those were the releases and the prices for 2009?

yes for the figure.no for the prices.you do not need to make your writing this big to get attention to your post.

What's wrong with the pricing?? It looks pretty much in line with what we have. The new Batman DK deluxe figures are $11.49 for the same style and articulation as MLs. The truth is, MLs are some of the cheaper figs out there and have stayed pretty low. Yeah, I'd love for them to be $6.99, and hate for them to be $19.99, but in the scoop of figures, they are priced on the low side of average.

On the topic of the list. Without a new avengers Luke Cage, I'm out. Seems to get more and more obscure as the list goes. Sorry to say, it seems like a fake. With a list of sets without anchor characters, boxsets which Hasbro said "Maybe later". Looks like a hoax to rile X-fans.

If they come out, then fine. I like a couple handfuls off that list. But then I'm a ...

GEEK

oh how i wish this list were real.

this guy has yet to even defend his own thread, so to me - that's what makes it even more obviously fake.

because i'd even believe that Hasbro had the characters they were making a year in advance, since they have had such a long period of uh....whatever this off period would be considered.

but hey, maybe i'lll go to SDCC and find out this guy was totally right about everything. here's hoping.

That would be cool if they do a Thanos wave and make a Drax the Destroyer. I just read the first 3 books for Annihilation and am hunting for a Galactus, Annihillus, and Ronin BAF. I don't do Baf's or open my figures but after reading Annihilation I want to have an Annihilation display in my room with the characters that have been made into figures. I hope they do a Annihilation Thanos BAF that would really make me happy.

i'm not tremendously concerned with his height. if they made say, spider-man or wolverine as tall as thanos is, which they more or less have done in other ms's, then i would pass. but thanos is one of those characters that you can fudge a little bit.

A fake list for sure. I liked most of it but it's way to modern and like others have said not nearly enough Wolverines, Hulks, Iron-men, etc.

On the off chance that he's telling the truth I'll buy a Songbird off of anybody that buys that god-awful Thunderbolt box set. Where is Jolt? Mach-1? Moonstone? Atlas? Zemo? Techno? Hell where is Charcoal?

Bah!