Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

SDCC 2017

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

According to the front page, we're FINALLY getting Skurge in a 2 pack with Enchantress. Hallelujah.

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!

#$## a over priced exclusive give me that Skurge!!
A repaint of Enchantress is a nice bonus too

#27 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

According to the front page, we're FINALLY getting Skurge in a 2 pack with Enchantress. Hallelujah.

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!!

#$## a over priced exclusive give me that Skurge!!
A repaint of Enchantress is a nice bonus too

There's a pic on a different forum. It's very blurry, but I'm pretty sure Enchantress has a new headsculpt and a new body.

I'm also going to need that BAF Man-Thing. Much as I hate to admit it, I also want Blade and the Netflix characters. God help me, I may actually be buying and not selling and entire wave of Legends. Damn it Dwight.

#28 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

Oh.  My.  God.
Finally some news that I can actually be excited about!!  Executioner has always been a favorite villain, so I was very excited when he was shown -- years ago (!), now.  I am very happy that they are finally, finally releasing him.  It would have been a real jackass move if Hasbro had cancelled the line without ever getting him out to us.  (They still need to give us that green Foom, though!)

I would have preferred Hela or Sif, or some other new character to the Enchantress, but she is a fair release since it has been many years since that Secret Wars pack that featured her.

The last thing that I was actually excited about for our scale was last year's SDCC exclusive.  Neither of the new waves shown for this year featured a character or costume that I really cared about.  The Shocker/Spidey set was welcome, but the half-a$$ed Shocker figure really dampened my enthusiasm.

I can't wait to finally add the Executioner to my collection. :)

#29 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

I'm just realizing....we haven't even seen at wide retail most of the figs shown LAST year at SDCC.

#30 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:43 PM

I'm just realizing....we haven't even seen at wide retail most of the figs shown LAST year at SDCC.

I'm starting to wonder if the shipments that Target got are all that we'll see. I have a sinking feeling that the Jessica Jones wave may also be canned. Hopefully we'll get some good news next month.

#31 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

I could see two packs being the way forward for 3.75 for now. Seems more cost effective. So I don't think they are dead but might need to be rethought:

Jewel paired with Luke retooled for instance. Or a purple man would be awesome

AOA Magneto would likely need an AOA counterpart

Cap can pair up with anyone really.

Easy solution is pair up Cap and Jewel even though they don't super interact and call it Secret Empire

Then pair Magneto up with Spider-Man 2099 and call it Alternate Timelines.

There. Two packs released. Four new figures out.

#32 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:25 PM

I could see two packs being the way forward for 3.75 for now. Seems more cost effective. So I don't think they are dead but might need to be rethought:

Jewel paired with Luke retooled for instance. Or a purple man would be awesome

AOA Magneto would likely need an AOA counterpart

Cap can pair up with anyone really.

Easy solution is pair up Cap and Jewel even though they don't super interact and call it Secret Empire

Then pair Magneto up with Spider-Man 2099 and call it Alternate Timelines.

There. Two packs released. Four new figures out.

I'd be ok with the line continuing this way. $20 for two figures works out cheaper than what they're charging for singles now.

#33 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

Not only would I be OK with if, I would prefer it.  If I'm going to get mediocre figures with reduced articulation and no accessories, I'd rather get 2 for 20 than 1 for 15.

#34 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:49 PM

After seeing the Inhumans trailer today, I'm kind of glad that we probably won't see any figures from it. If Hasbro wants to announce 6" versions at SDCC, I'm not going to be jealous.

#35 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

Ramsey Bolton as Maximus seems good tho

#36 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

I was hugely disappointed when they cancelled the Inhumans movie and changed it into being a tv series instead. :(

According to someone who posted on another site, the contract for 3.75 Marvel was renewed, and the line will continue for at least another year.  Supposedly some new stuff will be shown at this year's Hascon.  

More wait and see, in other words.  :(

#37 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:22 PM

I was hugely disappointed when they cancelled the Inhumans movie and changed it into being a tv series instead. :(

According to someone who posted on another site, the contract for 3.75 Marvel was renewed, and the line will continue for at least another year.  Supposedly some new stuff will be shown at this year's Hascon.  

More wait and see, in other words.  :(

I know who you're talking about. He's not particularly reliable and he gets info mixed up quite often. If he's right, I'll absolutely give credit where it's due. I hope he really does have inside info like he claims, but he's known to be an attention seeker.

#38 jschadt

jschadt

Andorian

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

So..... almost 3 days into Comic Con. No new figures shown (other than the Thor 2 packs). Safe to say this line may be dead?

#39 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

Someone quoted Jesse Falcon as saying no 4 inch this Year at SDCC but next year would be big. Is that the guy you're referencing?

#40 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

Another site posted a Q&A with Dwight and co. from the show floor. It really doesn't look like we are getting anything else this year besides what we already know about. There's an awkward bit at the end of the video where the interviewer asks what the team wants to accomplish over the next year. Dwight and the dude in the middle mention things like better sculpting, but poor Bobby says he'd be happy if just one person comes up to him and thanks him for making a specific character. I kinda felt sad for him.

#41 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Panel over. Nothing. Nothing. Oh well. Damn shame that no one asked them about 3.75" in the Q&A, although one kid asked about Kingpin and Dwight wanted to know what scale. Someone screamed BOTH, so hopefully something good will come from that.

It's just weird to know that a company actively refuses to take my money.

#42 RichardC

RichardC

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

Thier is always nycc so don't loose hope true believers

#43 x-man77

x-man77

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

Panel over. Nothing. Nothing. Oh well. Damn shame that no one asked them about 3.75" in the Q&A, although one kid asked about Kingpin and Dwight wanted to know what scale. Someone screamed BOTH, so hopefully something good will come from that.

When the person said "both", I bet Dwight automatically assumed they meant 6" & 12"...

I can't believe 12" is becoming a thing. Who's got the space!!

#44 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

When the person said "both", I bet Dwight automatically assumed they meant 6" & 12"...

Dwight specifically asked if they wanted 3.75" or 6".

And it seems like a huge wasted opportunity to not have Giant-Man or any other large character in the 12" line.

#45 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

Ugh,

Mostly 6 inch stuff..

What a waste.

#46 x-man77

x-man77

Andorian

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

Dwight specifically asked if they wanted 3.75" or 6".

And it seems like a huge wasted opportunity to not have Giant-Man or any other large character in the 12" line.
Gotcha - I was only going off what I'd read. With regards to Dwight I've been trained to expect the worst (or just absolutely nothing) when it comes to the 3.75" scale.

#47 Yodaminch

Yodaminch

Snakeman

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

So aside from tasting the rainbow with Skittles Deadpool, that's it.

Glad I ordered the final wave from BBTS. Something tells me it may be difficult to find.

#48 Chazwinski

Chazwinski

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

I really think this was the final nail in the coffin... We've been let down in the past, but I don't ever think I've ever been so insulted by a company, not even a mention of us and their pitiful offerings to the Star Wars fans of this scale were no better. EFF you Hasbro. My wallet thanks you and so will the other toy companies that will be getting my money from now on. If I'm forced to go BIGGER, maybe I'll do it right and buy a Sideshow Collectibles figure with all the money I used to spend on you.  End rant.

#49 Axonrey

Axonrey

Battle Droid

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

I can't find it, but somewhere Dwight or Jesse specifically stated there wouldn't be #$@# this year, but next year was going to be "epic"...

#50 Chazwinski

Chazwinski

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:57 PM

I can't find it, but somewhere Dwight or Jesse specifically stated there wouldn't be #$@# this year, but next year was going to be "epic"...

And when that happens I will retract my "Eff you Hasbro".  LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us