Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Any thoughts on the new Avengers Assemble??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Patch

Patch

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:02 AM

Saw one episode. Not very impressed. Plot was ok, a little dumbed down. The worst part is the animation though.
I miss Avengers Earths Mightest Heroes.
Does anybody have anything goid to say? I saw one episode does it get better??

#2 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

I was not impressed initially but htought it was okay and have still been watching it.

It does not garner the kind of excitement on Sunday morning that A;EMH used to. My kid now prefers Ultimate Spider-Man over AA whereas he used to like A:EMH just as much or a maybe a little more than the first season of UltS.

The art is definitely NOT as good as UltS even though they claim it is the same. It is just not as bright and vibrant as A:EMH was or even UltS is now. Even when they are not putting grey screens over everything, things dont look colorful.

Maybe its getting a little better over the handful of episodes. There are various callbacks to previous episodes, generally with either Red Skull or MODOK reappearing. The most recent episode with Black Widow and Hawkeye against Molecule Man(Kid) was pretty good with the dialog and also had a A:EMH flashback!

#3 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Not as good as EMH but it's not bad and seems to get a little better with each episode.

#4 JayC

JayC

ENI Webmaster

• Admin
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

One thing I do give this new series credit over EMH is they seem to be trying to do original stories as opposed to just retelling stories from the comic book, which is what EMH basically did.

#5 BigBearJahlon

BigBearJahlon

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

Not as good as EMH but it's not bad and seems to get a little better with each episode.

#6 BigBearJahlon

BigBearJahlon

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I agree, although I have a few pet peeves.
The first two episodes were good but very water downed. Decent intro to the Falcon BUT if you are flashing back when AEMH renditions then they should act like they knew who the Falcon is.

The Molecule Kid episode had the best character development
The Midgard Serpent episode was nice ... good to see Dr. Doom ... by tired of Thor being a one trick pony and a pitching bag.
The best episodes were Hyperion and Blood Fued.
And for the record, since when could the Space Phantoms assimilate Thor????

The show is not horrible but it does make you miss AEMH.

Now can we please get closure on the Surtur story???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us