Secret Avengers

my86outback

Valkyrie was announced/shown at NYCC this Fall.

So far, the second wave of Avengers will contain:

Iron Man Mark 43 (Avengers: Age of Ultron Movie)

Captain America (Avengers: Age of Ultron Movie)

Hulk (Avengers: Age of Ultron Movie)

Hellcat

Spider-woman (Jessica Drew remake)

Valkyrie (remake)

Thanos (modern, BAF)

With 3 females already in this wave, I don't think Moonstar would ALSO be in it, unless there's a 4th female and two of them are swaps for the other two. But still, that's a lot of female figures in one wave.

I wouldn't mind a Shang-Chi figure.

Still want a movie Ant-Man figure though.

Well, Hellcat and Spider-woman were the only ones announced at first, so I know we assumed they would be swaps for each other, but technically with Valkyrie now in the mix as another comic version character, she could be a swap for either of the other two ladies. So I guess a fourth female would work as a second swap character. But if one female has no swap, then we could have a set of male comic characters as other swaps. The one safe bet for being a female swap would be Hellcat, as the swap figures never get their character name printed on the box, and we've always heard the name Hellcat held this character back from production so long because that name might turn kids away in the toy aisle, or rather the parents that are spending the money. Either other female character could stand on her own as a non-swap, since Valkyrie could be considered a female Thor equivalent to the uninitiated toy collectors, or Spider-Woman as a female extension of the easy-buy Spider-Man franchise. I'd consider Spider-Woman the easier sell in the toy aisle, since Spider-Man is a bigger franchise than Thor on his own.

If we look at the Captain America wave, that had three movie figures in it and then comic characters, the breakdown was:

Captain America (Movie)

Black Widow (Movie)

Winter Soldier (Movie)

Captain America WWII (Movie reissue, no BAF part)

Marvel NOW Captain America

Baron Zemo / AIM Soldier

Red Skull / HYDRA Soldier

Mandroid BAF

Then swap in the announced characters...

Captain America (Avengers Movie)

Iron Man (Avengers Movie)

Hulk (Avengers Movie)

__________ (Movie reissue, no BAF part... or open slot for a movie or comic character in the case breakdown)

__________ (comic character anchor for wave)

Spider-Woman / other swap? (curvy base body?)

Hellcat / Valkyrie (pairing them as swaps since they both use the thinner base body)

Thanos BAF

So technically there are still three open slots in this wave for more characters IF we are following the formula set as a precedent in the Captain America Winter Soldier Movie wave.

Well, Hellcat and Spider-woman were the only ones announced at first, so I know we assumed they would be swaps for each other, but technically with Valkyrie now in the mix as another comic version character, she could be a swap for either of the other two ladies. So I guess a fourth female would work as a second swap character. But if one female has no swap, then we could have a set of male comic characters as other swaps. The one safe bet for being a female swap would be Hellcat, as the swap figures never get their character name printed on the box, and we've always heard the name Hellcat held this character back from production so long because that name might turn kids away in the toy aisle, or rather the parents that are spending the money. Either other female character could stand on her own as a non-swap, since Valkyrie could be considered a female Thor equivalent to the uninitiated toy collectors, or Spider-Woman as a female extension of the easy-buy Spider-Man franchise. I'd consider Spider-Woman the easier sell in the toy aisle, since Spider-Man is a bigger franchise than Thor on his own.

If we look at the Captain America wave, that had three movie figures in it and then comic characters, the breakdown was:

Captain America (Movie)

Black Widow (Movie)

Winter Soldier (Movie)

Captain America WWII (Movie reissue, no BAF part)

Marvel NOW Captain America

Baron Zemo / AIM Soldier

Red Skull / HYDRA Soldier

Mandroid BAF

Then swap in the announced characters...

Hulk (Avengers Movie)

__________ (Movie reissue, no BAF part... or open slot for a movie or comic character in the case breakdown)

__________ (comic character anchor for wave)

Spider-Woman / other swap? (curvy base body?)

Hellcat / Valkyrie (pairing them as swaps since they both use the thinner base body)

Thanos BAF

So technically there are still three open slots in this wave for more characters IF we are following the formula set as a precedent in the Captain America Winter Soldier Movie wave.

I believe it will be

Hulk (Avengers Movie) / Doc Green or Indestructible Hulk Swap

Thor (Avengers Movie) last movie figure in wave

Quicksilver(comic character anchor for wave)

Spider-Woman / Hellcat

Valkyrie

Thanos BAF

Well I guess you're right. Recent waves have gotten away from that. I guess I was thinking back to past swaps, or swaps that never ended up seeing release.

Red She-Hulk / Lyra

Piledriver / Thunderball

Sentry / Hyperion

Madame Masque / Madame Hydra

Rogue / Emma Frost

Moonstar / Mystique

Blade / Punisher

All were based on the same bodies for their swaps. So I guess what used to be a rule is no longer a rule. But my theory at one time had basis in reality. LOL.