Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

MU Customs

• Please log in to reply
7938 replies to this topic

#26 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (theuberbarrettman @ Mar 22 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DarthOnyx @ Mar 21 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (theuberbarrettman @ Mar 21 2009, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DarthOnyx @ Mar 21 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Johnny Storm and Mr. Fantastic

what did you use for reed richards head?

25th Ann. Duke = Johnny Storm's head

25th Ann. Hawk = Reed Richard's head

Anakin Skywalker = Wade Wilson's head

Biggs Darklighter = Tony Stark's head

did you do something to exstent reeds neck? and what kind of paint did you use for the white hair?

Nothing to extend reed's neck. It is just how the head fit. I did, however, shorten Johnny Storm's neck. I used appel barrel country grey dry brushed lightly for the hair streaks.

#27 pc83uk

pc83uk

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

Some great stuff there, guys. Riddick, I see parts of a WWF Backstage Mayhem in there! Been looking for one of those for a while but always lose out on ebay.

I own a couple of IJ Mutts already, but gonna look into getting a bunch more for headswaps. I really like the 3.75" IJ figures, particularly the accessories.

#28 MARVELFAN

MARVELFAN

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

nice leader custom

#29 ltfalcon

ltfalcon

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:21 PM

Here's my SHEILD agent!!

Or should I say double agent Beach Head

Made from Black Snake eyes with Beach Head's head.

#30 MrPruitt

MrPruitt

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (ltfalcon @ Mar 22 2009, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's my SHEILD agent!!

Or should I say double agent Beach Head

Made from Black Snake eyes with Beach Head's head.

Very nice! I'm definitly getting a Dum Dum Dugan vibe

#31 Jin Saotome

Jin Saotome

Mecha Pilot of the Blodia

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

"Wade Wilson wasn't a new recruit for the Joes. He wasn't an enemy either. One day he just walked right into a battle between Gung Ho's team and Destro, immediately hitting on the Baroness. After being shot multiple times by Iron Grenadiers, the masked mercenary shouted a few choice words and 'hadokened' a grenade into a HISS Tank's engine compartment causing a massive explosion. Snake Eyes was wary when Deadpool approached the Joes and met him with sword drawn. That sword was met with the hum of a replica Light Saber blade and a joke about Lady Jay's cleavage leaving Snake Eyes speechless.. which was the target of Deadpool's next comment. Since then he's tangled with the Joes and Cobra in what we can only guess is his of insane version of fun."

Similar to my first Wolvie Origins Comic Deadpool, this one is detailed to reflect his appearance in issue #16 of Deadpool. The seams on the head were sanded down and a larger 'surprised' eye was sculpted in. I removed the upper half of his modern weabgear and sculpted the cross-chest version. Tossed the flimsy swords and replaced them with stronger Storm Shadow ones, added a boot knife, gave him a magnetic com-set modded from the Resolute Destro one, removable sheepherder cloak...and of course,

THE SHEEP CANNON! Yes folks, it's a cannon disguised as a sheep. You have to read the issue, heh. It's made from a resculpted pvc sheep with its back drilled down, parts from an Armored Core, Spawn Interlink, Transformers, Halo, Sigam 6, and other action figure weaponry combined there. You just can't beat a deadly robot sheep for the ultimate weapon of destruction.

More pics here!----> Deadpool with SHEEP CANNON!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have Iron Man you have to have War Machine, and the 3 3/4" inch Marvel Universe line needed one! He's made from the MU stealth Iron Man, GI Joe Destro lower arms, and an assortment of fodder parts that make up his armor. EVA Halo shoulderpads, Deadpool's chest strap/circle, Transformers Brawl cannon, and a chaingun from Marauder Gun-Runners. I think the belt was made from a DC Universe Cyborg figure.War Machine's arm cannons came from Microman fodder parts as well. Combined with an all metallic paint job and he's ready to wage war!

More pics here!---> Marvel Universe War Machine

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an updated version of Gambit that fits into the 3 3/4" inch Marvel Universe line. He's basically a Wolverine Origins Gambit with the coat from a DC Infinite Heroes Commissioner Gordon and collar from the DCIH Manhunter because the original figure was missing that. His hands were modded to turn at the wrists and I created a stronger staff and two scaled playing cards for him to throw.

More pics here!---> Marvel Universe Gambit

----------------------------------------------------------------------

#32 ShipwreckJr

ShipwreckJr

Mouser

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:37 PM

dude... i love you and hate you at the same time hahaha

i seriously wondered "how long before jin cranks out a MU war machine?" haha well done sir.
and i had a good lol at the sheep cannon. now we need to see him in a mascot suit haha

also, biggs darklighter as tony stark = brilliant!!!

#33 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:46 PM

After seeing your work on another site Jin, I wondered when you would be cranking out MU customs as well.

#34 tarot

tarot

General Traag

• Moderators
  • 4,947 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

okay that does it. These customs are so good it would be a shame if they disappeared in the mayn thread that are going to be made on this section. So consider this thread pinned

#35 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (tarot @ Mar 23 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okay that does it. These customs are so good it would be a shame if they disappeared in the mayn thread that are going to be made on this section. So consider this thread pinned

Wow, thanks very much!

#36 Jin Saotome

Jin Saotome

Mecha Pilot of the Blodia

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

Pinned, awesome! And thanks for the compliments

#37 Kambei

Kambei

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

Okay, let's post it again:

MU Captain Britain Version 1:

The entire figure is a MU Daredevil, repainted in a lighter shade of red and with sculpted hair.

#38 MARVELFAN

MARVELFAN

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

lol sheep cannon

#39 jpk

jpk

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

What method do you guys use to break the figures down - a hair dryer?

#40 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (jpk @ Mar 24 2009, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What method do you guys use to break the figures down - a hair dryer?

I boil them and then just pop them apart. Hair dryer that close to my figures kinda makes me a might bit nervous. MMM HMM.

(It's funnier if you use Billy Bob/Slingblade's voice)

#41 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

Sabretooth - blonde hair and jacket from Mutt Williams. This is what i imagine a real life Sabretooth to look like, more like a biker and not Nosferatu.

Gambit - did a black wash on hair and gave him Movie Sabretooth's trenchcoat which extends his poseability alot.

#42 CX1

CX1

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

Just a minor mod. I personally don't like how DP's swords stick up so high on his back, so I trimmed the holsters down on the top. The the swords slide down just fine. Heres a pic.

#43 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

More customs for Average Joe. Here I have Bruce Banner.

Torso & Shoes - Indiana Jones Kingdom of Crystal Skull

Waist & Legs - Jango Fett removable armor

Head - Star Wars Death Star Trooper

#44 MARVELFAN

MARVELFAN

Cobra Crimson Guardsman

• Members
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:00 PM

nice

#45 NightousCrawler

NightousCrawler

Andorian

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (DarthOnyx @ Mar 24 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sabretooth - blonde hair and jacket from Mutt Williams. This is what i imagine a real life Sabretooth to look like, more like a biker and not Nosferatu.

Gambit - did a black wash on hair and gave him Movie Sabretooth's trenchcoat which extends his poseability alot.

Very cool nice job

#46 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

The Crow

#47 Riddick

Riddick

Plundarian Warbot

• Members
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:35 AM

I have been collecting as many GI Joe Cobra Resolute Soldiers I can get (5 blue 6 red) and while I was posing some of them tonight I thought of Captain America Commando!

I figure he could wear something like this when he doesn't need the flashy costume because he could be sneaking into enemy bases.

I also didn't like the brown of Gambit's jacket because I always preferred black so I painted it and made the collar stick up less.

I also gave Deadpool a better head. The head already had scars on it but I added alot more and painted them. The ones it already had I made alot deeper.

#48 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

The Crow added details.

#49 DRACOREX

DRACOREX

Andorian

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:35 AM

I think I will steal that Crow idea.

#50 DarthOnyx

DarthOnyx

Stormtrooper

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

I was also asked to add that my 14 yr old son Cody had a role in making this Crow custom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us