Disappointed in Thanos

tellytubbygen

I watched JC's review of the Thanos BAF from Wave 2 and might I say I am extremely disappointed. The announcement of Thanos as a BAF in the line was what prompted me to start collecting ML scale figures and now I see a figure that is bland, average paint apps, short and no infinity gauntlet. Was almost tempted to put all my figures on Ebay but decided against since I will lose money :(

also selling your collection just cause one figure turned out bad is, forgive me for being harsh, completely and utterly stupid. 1 figure out of 100s is not a bad thing.

I only have about 10. I have 100s of MU figures so never wanted to start a ML collection since I dont like repeats of a character. But when they said they are making Thanos, who is like my favorite character in the Marvel Universe, I decided to start. It does sound stupid but you should know how collectors think

Surprisingly enough, Thanos is not that tall.

According to the Marvel Handbooks, he's just 6'7". That's merely one inch taller than Thor and Iron Man and two taller than Captain America. He might appear small only becuse he was compared to the Marvel Select Thanos. And that Thanos is for a 7" scale.

Here's an image of Thanos holding Black Bolt on the air, as you can see, the Mad Titan is not much bigger than him:

Thanosos.jpg

Also, this figure is modern Thanos:

Thanos_%28Earth-616%29_from_Avengers_Vol

It's been a while since he last had the Infinity Gauntlet. What you're doing is more or less as if Hasbro released an action figure of Unworthy Thor and you were upset he didn't come with Mjolnir.

While the figure could've used a litle bit more elaborated paint apps (specially the gold sections), I think it looks good enough.

I was a little disappointed too, not because he was shorter than the MS Thanos (I knew that would happen), and I get that he's 6' 7" but I've seen him drawn as tall as the Hulk on several occasions and he just seemed kind of small next to the AoU Hulk. Either way it just means I'll be okay waiting for him until the price drops since I don't really want the movie figures anyways.

I was a little disappointed too, not because he was shorter than the MS Thanos (I knew that would happen), and I get that he's 6' 7" but I've seen him drawn as tall as the Hulk on several occasions and he just seemed kind of small next to the AoU Hulk. Either way it just means I'll be okay waiting for him until the price drops since I don't really want the movie figures anyways.

Yeah. Artistic license gets a lot in the way some characters are drawn. For example, Thor is supposed to have the same height as Iron Man, but he's always drawn pretty taller.

The MCU Hulk is 8'5". You can't blame Hasbro for doing a good job.

Yeah. Artistic license gets a lot in the way some characters are drawn. For example, Thor is supposed to have the same height as Iron Man, but he's always drawn pretty taller.

The MCU Hulk is 8'5". You can't blame Hasbro for doing a good job.

Nope, I can't blame them for that. Here's to hoping that Thanos is awesome and the video didn't do him justice.

Received my Thanos Case today from RobotKingdom

awesome service. Unfortunately Spider-Woman was loose in packaging. I was gonna keep them in boxes and get rid of my doubles.

I decided to open the entire wave. Thanos is pretty good. Sloppy paint in some areas - Im gonna sell off the movie figures and stick with comic

IMG_0614_zpsrptxxnap.jpg

Hasbro got everyone excited and sorry to say this but Thanos is a bit disappointed. I am so happy they are giving us such a great selection of characters but please slow down with the releases and make them more widely available.

I think what Hasbro has done is to release less amount and faster so that way there is nothing sitting on the shelf. It is a strategy and I understand why they do it. To keep the hype, keep the market hot and make people think its now or never so they can impulse buy and the stores will be impressed. The down side of this is that allot of this does look cheap and rushed.

#1) Thanos that left eye ball is not painted well on any I have encountered. (total of 10 head sculpts so far). Yes he seems underwhelming.... The Gold paint apps could be better. the issue with the teeth on the left side....is very sloppy.

Standing Thanos next to the Wrecking Crew seems so out of place. His size IS an issue. I understand that different artist do different concepts; but Thanos is always portrayed as massive. A kind of being that can hold Thor and Hulk up with both hands and toss them like nothing.

Hell cat looks great. She's one of the best in the wave (in my opinion).

Jessica Drew is great ; I didn't like the hand selection. She doesn't strike me as spell caster (again a lazy choice). Many of the ones I have seen have a huge issue in the ab section with the paint almost looking as if it was crunched. Or some one ran over it (seriously have a look).

Captain America well you have to buy him to get the baf piece what more is there to say?

Hulk looks great all around. I mean getting that hefty figure for that price is really great.

Iron Man turned out great with great paint apps, and I do dig the interchangeable head.

Batrock the Leaper. His perlescent gold looks cheap. Great head sculpt ( ( was thinking Diablo custom myself)) But some of these figures that have bland bodies (like Batrock) need to have some shading or something to liven it up a bit.

Those are my thoughts.

SpiderWoman by far is my fave with Hellcat in close second

Then

Movie Hulk

Batroc

Thanos

Iron Man

Movie Cap

I wish they wouldve saved the movie characters for a boxed set

And included MIA characters like Blade, Moonstar, Savage SheHulk

I get that they had to include those movie characters for retailers sake

But from a collectors POV this wave seems like 1/2 a wave

Plenty of good stuff in the antman wave. Spidey legends wave 3 is definitely gonna be preordered at robotkingdom. Excellent experience with them

Decepticon, I was of the same thought when it came to the movie figures (as I am not a fan), but here's the thing; the Ant-Man wave is going to have the movie version of Ultron (all 9 inches of him) and it's definitely movie accurate. I may as well create a display with him (it?) And the rest of the movie gang...which means springing for the Amazon exclusive when it becomes available. As for the Thanos height/size issue, I absolutEly agree that he is usually drawn as a massive character but the bottom line is he's 6'7. He's taller than Thor and shorter than Odin (who's 6'9). Putting the 3 figures together ACCURATELY demonstrates that. Some of us may PREFER him to be all around larger, but we shouldn't criticize Hasbro for (of all things) getting it right. Futhermore, check out early issues of Iron Man (the book Thanos was first introduced in). He was drawn "normal sized" then and for a while after.

Im waiting for the movie figures to go on clearance

Knowing my Toys R Us they go over board with film merchandise.

I think the movie Ultron looks way better than the comic 3 pack Ultron. But since Target closed down in Canada ill be forced to import. Best to wait until all the Avengers movie stuff saturates the market to look for good deals.

Target in Canada still gets new Marvel Legends which makes no sense since everything is being cleared out at 30% off

Oden wave figs on shelfs , wish they wouldve got the new Spidey wave

honest;y i hope it take a while. they are all coming out at once. I don't mind Avengers 1 and Spidey 2 coming out at the same time as you could consider them different lines but having a second Avengers wave at the same time is just taxing on the old wallet.

DON'T I KNOW IT!!!!! I have both waves ordered from Entertainment Earth, And they're a month behind on wave 1 (as expected. They said that when it was up for preorder), but they're getting wave 2 this month as well. I just know they're both going to come at the same time. I'm just glad I have the loot set aside for both waves (2 cases each).

• 2 weeks later...