Anyone seen the new Thunderbolt variant/running change Shocker?

DSmith

Have you heard?

The Sandman wave Shocker is popping up in stores with a running change/variant (not clear yet which), where he features a "Thunderbolts" logo belt buckle in gold on his costume in the midsection. Anyone who has the Boomerang figure, the emblem is in the same place on Boomerang, but on him the emblem is gray.

I heard about this recently, and started googling pics, but only came up with one image.

I went hunting today in NY. I went to Forbidden Planet (comic book store near union square), Walgreens (union square), Toys R Us Express (34th street), and Midtown Comics (40th street). Across those four stores, I saw 11 Shocker figures, and only ONE of them had the Thunderbolts emblem on the costume (at Midtown Comics, one figure out of the five Shockers they had).

Anyone else heard about this, or interested in picking up this version, even if you picked up the blank original?

It's real...I have one. The challenge with this variant is that Hasbro is releasing this running change VERY late into the span of this waves life (wave came out in December) so while I can't speak for every area, as far as where I live, there's not a whole lot of Sandman restocking going around-even though plenty of stores I walk into are quite light on Spidey figs. I also expect the Vulture wave to be landing around May (just an educated guess-I don't have proof) so that won't really help matters once that wave lands. Having said that, if you walk into a store that just put out a fresh case of Sandman, the chances of you finding the T-Bolt version aren't going to be 100%

but they will be good.

Nice score!

On a side note; I always love when I find figures "hidden" in the aisles, it always cracks me up. When I find a figure hidden, I always re-hide the figure somewhere else in the store, in the most hilarious place I can think of...behind a big stack of dog food, inside a dresser drawer of a piece of furniture, underneath a heavy pile of floor rugs, behind bags of ice in the freezer, at the bottom of a dump bin full of $5 DVDs, etc.

I know when the collector who hid the fig comes back, they think that some other collector just found it and bought it (obviously, if it's insanely hard to find and I need it, I just buy it, but that rarely happens) but little do they know, I just hid it somewhere else to mess with them. It's just a little game I like to play from time to time and since I just play against myself in this game, I always seem to win!

LOL

Now you have forced me to ask...WHY are you hiding figures everywhere? I mean seriously lol wtf is the matter with you. Do you just happen to forget your wallet at home like every time you go on a hunt? I used to be in retail store management and if saw a collector hiding figures I'd kick your ass out of the store lol. Come to think of it, the best part about being a store manager is just kicking people out of the store...the rest of the job sucked hard lol.

Well I don't mean EVERYWHERE but I have about three other friends who collect and if I see something they want Ill put it behind a few figures so its there for them when they get off work. Its mostly wrestlers and pops. Sometimes Ill hide a figure for myself if I want to check a few other stores first. I have enough money to buy most of what I want but there is always more.

Mine will basically be found by someone in the next 24 hours dude yours might not be found until a decade later lol.

Reminds me of the old Steven Wright seashell collection joke... I have the world's largest Marvel Legends collection. Perhaps you've seen it. I keep it scattered at Targets and Walmarts all over the country.

In other news, the Target I checked yesterday looked like it had just opened a case in the last 24-48 hours but it was the old version of Shocker.