Paradox
©
Fisana

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

Photo

Now that the 3.75" line is "resting" what will you do?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Dracos

Dracos

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

So nothing at Hascon for us, and in an interview Dwight finally stated that the line was "resting".  Not a surprise to any of us collectors, but definitely not welcome news.  So now that there are no new figures coming for the near future, what will you do as a 3.75" collector?

I have no plan whatsoever to start collecting the 6" line.  It takes up too much space for me, and it would cost far too much to buy the older figures that I would want.  And, to be honest, I much prefer the look of the 3.75:" figures.  I hate the look of the abdominal joint on the 6" figures, and I just like the smaller scale a lot more.  So I am planning to keep my 3.75" Marvel figures, even though my collection has some huge holes in it (the rest of Alpha Flight, Ka-zar, the New Mutants, Dazzler, to name just some of my "must have" characters.  I guess I need to start looking at getting customs of the remaining characters that I need, but the cost of getting quality customs is pretty depressing, especially since I "need" like 15 of them made. 

What about the rest of you?  Are you switching over to the 6" scale?  Getting rid of your 3.75" collection?  Keeping your collection and hoping for new product 2+ years from now?

#2 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

I only got into the line BECAUSE while looking for new GI Joe's (yes probably a year into the line) I saw 3.75 inch marvel Universe.

So No #$## the 6 inch line, when I collect large figures they are 7 inch movie line figures so really don't need Marvel Legends. Too big for my interest too Small to be in my other Collectors preference.

I like the Marvel Selects though, much better figure sculpts.....
But only if I see some cool looking Selects.

I'm retiring my Marvel 4 inch collecting till they shift back to this scale.

But if you look at my random post, I'm just collecting Cool figures in this scale OUTSIDE of comics right now. They ruined a good thing,
At least I got my ROM the Space Knight!!

Plus I am in love with the new Transformers line coming out so is what it is.

#3 RandomlyWicked

RandomlyWicked

Romulan

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

I will continue to do what I've always done with the 6" line; cherry pick. If there is a character that I absolutely love that comes out in 6" I will get it because I was going to anyway. Also if I see a figure that just blows me away I'll get it. Otherwise it is a pass. I'll just spend my money on other stuff like Starships or comic books. 

I've been into this line since the beginning mostly because I can fit 100 of them on a shelf and because of the price point (at the time). I've been lucky enough to have gotten virtually every figure that has come out. (I skipped a few of the repaints). It sucks that the line is on pause but I'd rather they do that and bring it back strong at a later date than get figures with less and less articulation and accessories for more and more money. I do like the new two packs. I wish we were getting one for Black Panther.

#4 tellytubbygen

tellytubbygen

Mouser

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

I am in full melt down mode currently. No MU, no Joes and Star Wars is all 5poa crap...

#5 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:17 AM

I've still got World of Nintendo, Star Wars, amiibo, Pops, and random Disney figures. Kingdom Hearts is about to get a bunch of figures from Diamond Select so I guess my Marvel money will go to them instead.

#6 Prem1x

Prem1x

Storm Shadow

• Members
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

I'll just be content with the size of my MU collection until 4" starts over again, hopefully with the talent and enthusiasm that ML6" has behind it now.

Till then, I'm cherry picking other cool 4" toys that will look good on my shelves. I already had stuff like Marauders, A-Team, Batman Microman, Appleseed, and Vitruvian HACKS.

Now, I've been branching out and picking up a few things from stuff like Zombie Labs, Hiya Aliens and Predators, more Vitruvian, Bucky O'Hare, AWOK, more Marauders (a dog), and a little Power Lords. Maybe I'll even buy a Sectaur or two if they happen. Keeping an eye on Fried Chicken Toys to see if I can kit-bash a Two-Gun Kid and Fresh Monkey Fiction to see if one of their figures could be a HYDRA army builder.

#7 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Dead+parrot+2.jpg

I have so much custom fodder I can make customs of any figures I wanted for the next few years.

Man, I wish the movie figures would continue though. 

#8 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:29 PM

No Joes and Marvel means I'll be focusing on Star Wars and Kickstarters.  Between Boss Fight, Marauders, Eagle Force, Zombie Labs, Fried Chicken Toys, Articulated Icons, and Mythic Legions, I have more than enough to bankrupt me and make my basement look like I am a hoarder.

I'll grab a few 6" here and there (I sold my 6" X-Men when this 4" line came out, and now, I find myself buying the new X-Men waves).  I also grab a few D.C. 6" figures once in a while.  I just see the market shifting from the big two companies to smaller Kickstarters who focus on collector needs.

#9 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

http://<div style="p...</iframe></div>

Can Use the Break from most of Hasbro'S MARVEL lines now.

but yeah so much coming out, I'm super excited for the new Terrorcons, Predaking and combiner Dinobots  from the new Chud Lines.

Want to see the Takara versions and see if they are better to decide which version to get of these.

And Those 1/18th Scale Predators, the current Japan Candy toy lines look so cool too, Want to see the New Star Wars Vintage figures as well. 

#10 ssg4life

ssg4life

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

nothing. i have zero interest in the 6" legends line. while it's cool and has insanely great character assortments, it's too pricey and is so oversaturated in this state. seeing pegs packed out all the time with the same figures and rarely new product would just make my frustrations with hasbro's distribution even worse (send 400 million cases of the 1st wave, 1 case of everything else so no one can get any new product).

it's sad that hasbro has given up on this scale so bad. sure, there's still lots of star wars stuff, but the 5poa stuff doesn't get a lot of variety with character selection unless you're buying all the vehicles and 2 packs and 4 packs and getting repeat figures for the sake of someone else. i love this scale more than any other, so it sucks that there's next to nothing being put out by the company that i spend so much money on every year

#11 Kostej

Kostej

Nameless Thug

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:35 AM

I will fill the holes in my collection, I will hunt for those Legends that I can use in my 3.75 inch display (Hela, Dormammu etc.). I will continue making customs of never released characters. And I will wait patiently for the return of our line. #marvel375forever

#12 Chazwinski

Chazwinski

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:30 AM

I have no intention of collecting 6" figures either. I will continue to get the meager SA 3.75" offerings from Star Wars and I also collect minimates which is a smaller-knit community but a extremely friendly one and DST listens to our suggestions and requests. I suppose I will keep an eye out for other things in our scale ( I love the Boss Fight figs but they are too expensive for me.) Maybe I'll get an occasional statue if everything 3.75" dies?

#13 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

I'm moving on from Hasbro almost entirely.  I'l look at SA 3.75" Star Wars figures as they appear, and any Joes that may contribute parts.  Other than that, Kickstarter 3.75" lines is where it is at.  I cherry pick DC figures in 6 inch, because that is the only option (I have what I need of the old 3.75" line).  I've preordered my first Mezco.  I get some NECA movie figures here and there, too.  Figuarts and MAFEx get looks from me, too.

But 6" Marvel Legends?  Nope.

And I plan to revitalize my custom production.

#14 ransomz

ransomz

Paladin

• Members
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:12 PM

I've really enjoyed the 3 3/4 line. There were some really great figures. Planet Hulk, FA Iron Man. Daredevil. We got characters that haven't made it into 6 inches yet. Nighthawk, Doc Sampson. A Bomb. I prefer the 3 3/4 Wrecking Crew to the 6 inch ones. I'm hopeful that the line is just on hiatus. Sometimes that can really be a positive thing. There can be a big push with a re-launch that generates excitement and buzz.

#15 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

The D.C. four inch line?  Which are you referring to?  Do you mean the Batman Multiverse one (that also gave us the Reeves Superman)?  The D.C. Collectibles one based on the video game?

I wish Mattel (or someone) would do a real D.C. 4' line.

#16 PsychoPirate

PsychoPirate

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

The D.C. four inch line?  Which are you referring to?  Do you mean the Batman Multiverse one (that also gave us the Reeves Superman)?  The D.C. Collectibles one based on the video game?

DC Infinite Heroes line is what I meant, but I got the DCC Multiverse ones as well.

#17 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

A thousand times this.

I invested in the (flawed but was promising) Multiverse line. and the injustice,Green Lantern DC collectibles 2 packs.

I think it's a crock that they had acontest for what to release from the Vault and EVEN THOUGH 3.75 figures won decidedly (including Constantine) they instead released the multi color Batman 6 inch pack and I believe something else and even those lost the vote those were made.

DC has So much to offer outside the main DC heroes.

http://www.dccomics....-vault#comments

#18 Boogeyman13

Boogeyman13

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:24 PM

What scale are the Black Panther figures that are coming out? They looked 3.75" to me, but are they 5"?

#19 Guido_vcgga

Guido_vcgga

Cobra Soldier

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

I'll just be content with the size of my MU collection until 4" starts over again, hopefully with the talent and enthusiasm that ML6" has behind it now.

Till then, I'm cherry picking other cool 4" toys that will look good on my shelves. I already had stuff like Marauders, A-Team, Batman Microman, Appleseed, and Vitruvian HACKS.

Now, I've been branching out and picking up a few things from stuff like Zombie Labs, Hiya Aliens and Predators, more Vitruvian, Bucky O'Hare, AWOK, more Marauders (a dog), and a little Power Lords. Maybe I'll even buy a Sectaur or two if they happen. Keeping an eye on Fried Chicken Toys to see if I can kit-bash a Two-Gun Kid and Fresh Monkey Fiction to see if one of their figures could be a HYDRA army builder.

This ^ times 100. Many of these are also going to fill my Marvel 3.75 collection holes as well--I just have to carve out some time for customs.

#20 wedge1968

wedge1968

Emperor's Royal Guard

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

A thousand times this.
I invested in the (flawed but was promising) Multiverse line. and the injustice,Green Lantern DC collectibles 2 packs.
I think it's a crock that they had acontest for what to release from the Vault and EVEN THOUGH 3.75 figures won decidedly (including Constantine) they instead released the multi color Batman 6 inch pack and I believe something else and even those lost the vote those were made.
DC has So much to offer outside the main DC heroes.http://www.dccomics....-vault#comments

That whole vote was a crock. I followed that with great anticipation hoping that it would lead to something. It looks now like they put it up expecting it to justify something that they had already planned to do and then were caught off guard by the support for the line they never truly intended to release.

#21 dragonkings

dragonkings

Beastman

• Members
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

Damn I was SOO excited about the Constantine that I failed to see that my Boy the Demon was there too!

Awwww man, they suck.

#22 PushYouDown

PushYouDown

Mer-Man

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

What scale are the Black Panther figures that are coming out? They looked 3.75" to me, but are they 5"?

6 inch but more like the cartoon lines than ML.

#23 norinradd

norinradd

Andorian

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

I plan to do a couple of things:
-boycott the Hasbro Marvel lines:
With the lost sales from the absence of a 3 and 3/4 line, the current management will have to answer for the absence of that product line (which to my knowledge and experience sells out much faster on the shelf than the 6" lines)-this only works if the money we would have spent on these figures stays away from any other Hasbro Marvel toy line (I feel they are banking on us going to 6 inch in lieu of our preferred products absence). Hopefully the decrease will point to this time where the decision was made to "rest" the line.
-make popcorn and wait for the above results (it's okay that this may not happen anytime soon if at all, as I am very patient and I like popcorn)
-I will use the time and money S pent on searching for this line investing in various small business start up figure lines (Boss Fight vitruvian hacks; zombie lab; mauraders; (any others I should know of?) as well as casting stores (avacs lab; angelforge; Vortious; (other suggestions please?)
-work on filling in some gaps in my collection through customs and purchase
-and most importantly take the time to appreciate the collection I have, because after all when the line was good, it was great to us.

#24 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

(I feel they are banking on us going to 6 inch in lieu of our preferred products absence).

I agree and I'll never switch. Scale matters to me and a 6" Captain America wouldn't fit with my existing collection. I won't boycott their lines entirely though, as I'll be picking up any 6" and/or 12" figures that scale with 3.75" (i.e. Giant-Man, Dormammu, etc...). Having said that, they don't seem to have any on the horizon so it's a moot point for now.

We all know the 12" line will be canned in the not too distant future, so it would be great to get some Sentinels (and repaints for variety) and maybe an Atlas or Erik Josten Goliath out of it.

#25 stitch13

stitch13

Parallax

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

Funko seems to be more than happy to take my money now that Hasbro won't. Hope we get a wave 2 (and 3...and 4, 5, and 6)

https://funko.com/bl...-action-figures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Customs Comics DVDs Figures Games Marvel Database Movies News Reviews TV Forums Home

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © 2013 Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us