Cull Obsidian (Black Dwarf) BAF of Wave 2

MCUcollector24

But cull And black dwarf are 2 different characters. Are they combining them for the MCU?

I know that they arent going to be using the name Black Dwarf in the movie. So they are going with the group Name of Black Order instead of Cull Obsidian and just using that name specifically for Black Dwarf. Similar to MBaku not using the Man-Ape name.

But cull And black dwarf are 2 different characters. Are they combining them for the MCU?

I know that they arent going to be using the name Black Dwarf in the movie. So they are going with the group Name of Black Order instead of Cull Obsidian and just using that name specifically for Black Dwarf. Similar to MBaku not using the Man-Ape name.

I think we knew that was going to be the BAF for wave 2. I know I said it would be either him or Thanos for the 1st wave.

From what I've been reading "Cull Obsidian" is the name of the team they're (MCU) going with. I think the team is named after him because he's supposed to be the oldest among them. Anyone see anything different?

I read that the Black Order is the same team as Cull Obsidian team in the comics. Just different names I guess. The MCU will be called the Black Order and Black Dwarf will be using the name Cull Obsidian

hoping they release an apology head for the Thanos BAF...that is really all that is wrong with him.

Almost like they tried to give Thanos and Cap's eyes a life like appearance and they failed

It's that new facial scan tech they've been using that started with (I think) the first or second GotG2 wave. It worked pretty well for those, but then it got weird a blurry looking for the Thor and Netflix waves. Everyone looks sick or like they're wearing too much eye shadow.

hoping they release an apology head for the Thanos BAF...that is really all that is wrong with him.

Almost like they tried to give Thanos and Cap's eyes a life like appearance and they failed

It's that new facial scan tech they've been using that started with (I think) the first or second GotG2 wave. It worked pretty well for those, but then it got weird a blurry looking for the Thor and Netflix waves. Everyone looks sick or like they're wearing too much eye shadow.

Yeah, I have been wholeheartedly unimpressed by this "Amazing" scan technology they've been touting and making all these concessions in all these ML waves for. Sure, Gamora looked 100% better but the first one didn't set the bar very high. Drax looked exactly the same. The first Starlord was actually better than the following three. Netflix wave was okay but DD's head expanded somehow. And anyone who tells me the Black Panther movie figure looks more like Chadwick Boseman than the Civil War BP figure is outta their damn mind. Time to put that crap to bed. These head sculpts are losing something when they get scaled down to 6" scale. The slight exaggerated features of the hand sculpted faces gave them that little bit of uniqueness that made the characters recognizable.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For those interested (and this will of course annoy the "bigger is better" posse), I sized compared Cull with both the Thanos & Gladiator Hulk BAF's. Most of you probably already know Thanos is a tick larger (taller) than Hulk (without the helmet) Just like in the movie (Just in case, let me say "SPOILER"), and Cull Obsidian is even larger than Thanos (also like in the movie). "Why would we be annoyed if he's larger"? Because having seen the film (even I, due to my preoccupation with accuracy) am compelled to admit he isn't large enough. He's at least a full head taller than Thanos (in the movie). He does match up nicely to the Hulkbuster armor, so if Hasbro re-releases it with up to date paint apps they'll both look good together (even though they're both a bit undersized).

Update: I just saw the movie again. Obsidian is more than a head taller than Thanos. And Tarot, I see what you mean. Anatomically he's correct, but his outerwear is different. In fact, I dare say he looks more comic accurate (and if Hasbro gives us MCU versions of Corvus Glaive and Ebony Maw, I won't be mad because they look almost exactly like their 616 counterparts). For me, the only one who would be "out of place" is Proxima Midnight, who looks nothing like her 616 twin.

• 2 months later...