Some dirty business at Walmart today

Marconius17

My friend and i hit up a walmart this morning and we saw them put 3 cases of wave 2 on the pegs (no masked daken or big time). I got my extra pieces to finish my second zola and my buddy ended up taking an entire set. The funny part is that he managed to take some bar codes stickers off of some dvd'd for 5 bucks a piece and placed them over the legends upc's. The worker ended up ringing his wave for 5 bucks a piece!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everybody, he did title the topic "Some DIRTY business at Wal-Mart Today".

Your friend is lucky he didn't get arrested on the way out the door. I have a friend who is a deputy sheriff and he has done security detail work at Wal-Mart and I have been in their surveillance room. I will tell you now they have those stores completely covered with cameras. There is not anyplace you can be inside a Wal-Mart (except maybe the restroom) where you cannot be seen. So, if your friend had been observed switching price tags he would have been grabbed by security when he tried to walk out the door with his ill-gotten gains. He was just fortunate that no one happened to be watching him at the time.

I'm not condoning what he did. Truthfully i was pretty nervous for him. I paid at a different department and waited for him at the little mcdonalds in the front. I'm just telling the forums what went down today in our hunt. I do apologize if it ruffles some moral feathers on here.

What you said right there still shows me youre kind of missing the point. Your initial post came off as arrogant and laudatory, and your response is that you were "nervous for him." You were more worried about your pal getting busted than the fact that he robbed the store of about $80.

Yeah, gotta agree. Pretty bad man. I mean not that we haven't always wanted to rip off places like WM but actually doing it is another thing altogether. On top of that, if that starts a continuing trend, we all end up paying with a nice little price hike. By the way, the checker should have noticed that the product came up as DVD product. Your friend got real lucky that he probably got one of fhose WM employees that just didn't give a damn, and he'd be really arrogant to think he'll be able to pull this off again.

I hate Walmart with a passion. They are the dirtiest crappy company and are helping to ruin America. I don't care if people steal from them.

That being said, what your friend did was wrong.. and you had to know that posting this story would get you a little flak from other members.

But I am not surprised at all that the cashier didn't notice. That would require them to have the ability to pay attention and know how to do their jobs. At all the Walmarts here, the employees clearly do not give a crap at all about how they do their job, and the corporation doesn't either.

Walmart is continuously rated as the worst customer service and the most difficult place to get ANY service. But they don't do anything about it. All they care about is their bottom line. At all the Walmarts here, you are lucky if you can even find an employee that speaks English. So to me, it is completely understandable that the cashier had no clue

Also, I am a little surprised that the trickery wasn't caught by the security team.. but then again, I am sure they don't care at all either. But it is still possible that your friend was caught on camera and they also filmed him getting into his car. In which case they have his license and he may be getting a visit from the police.

not worth it

I could care less if someone stole something, but running to a forum to post about it is just plain stupid and immature. Now you act like you were against it, when no one said COOOOLLL. You came to brag no one cared.

I'm with him on this. It happened and because of laziness, luck or whatever he got away with it. Oh well. I'm not gonna judge you or him. But it really is stupid to go public lookingb for a response. That's like a few years ago when MySpace was still popular. Someone here in my city carjacked an SUV and posted pics of themselves posing beside it with the license plate showing. Guess where they went a few hours later? Your buddy wont go to jail for this now. But eventually they'll be looking out for him and his scam.

My initial post was purely narrative. I wasn't looking for any high fives and simply wanted to garner some opinions over something I had mixed feeling about. I spent 50.44 on 3 figures yesterday morning and he ended up paying a little over 30 for 6 figures. This guy is a really close friend of mine and I'm not about to argue with him over his personal decisions but at the same time I was a little annoyed at ultimately paying about 250 to make two arnim zolas in between target and walmart and looking at his receipt after we left the store. Don't assume I'm this nefarious character, I really support hasbro and happily buy up their legends but seeing him pay what he paid truthfully made me pretty jealous. I guess I just put it on here to see what other people thought about it and I'm pleased at the mixed reaction it got cause honestly I'm on both sides of the issue.

If that employee gets fired.. It's their own fault. When you scan an item they have a screen where the barcoded item pops up. If the employee didn't realize that it said "DVD" or "CD" or whatever.. that's their fault, maybe they should pay more attention.

I'm not saying what your friend did was right. I wouldn't do it. But the fact that this friend was able to get away with it isn't their fault.

I agree that you should really keep this between you and your friend.. But I think everyone is giving you too much sh*t for it.. You didn't do it.. You bought the line at full price..

That's the internet for you, I guess..

I agree that you should really keep this between you and your friend.. But I think everyone is giving you too much sh*t for it.. You didn't do it.. You bought the line at full price..

That's the internet for you, I guess..

Accessory to crime anyone? I'm not trying to make more out of this than it needs to be, but he was there, knew what was happening, and didn't do anything; in the eyes of the law that makes him part of it. I don't think anyone is giving him too much #$@#. Most of us are polite here, but if you're going to post about this, especially if you just turned a blind eye to it, what do you expect?

No big deal with the flak on here, everyone's got their opinions and I respect the variety of viewpoints on here. I didn't go to walmart to scam anyone and really don't need a criminal charge screwing up grad school for me , my friend had his own plans and what he does under those cameras is his reponsibility. As soon as I got my drax, fantomex, and cap I paid at the jewelry dept. and waited at the McD's. I just couldn't believe what he did worked. Especially when the register must have NOT been showing toys as the worker rang him up.