Broken Ben Reily Spiderman, need help!!

Ariq24

well you need to first pull the peg out of the head. if you cant get it out as is - imo the easiest way is get yourself a coffee mug fill about half with plain water, put in the microwave for a couple minutes - just until it is about to boil. put the head in the near boiling water - let it sit for about a minute or so. by then the head should be soft enough to pull the peg out easily. obviously its gonna vbe really hot so - i use a spoon to get it out of the water and i then handle it with a towel. you can let the head sit in the water longer than a minute if it is still too hard to pull the peg out. you are not going to damage the head. i've been doing this for years no problem - just dont microwave the water with the head in the cup!

after you get the peg out you will put the disc side back into the neck of the torso. i would then recommend very carefully using some superglue to keep the torso halves togetherwith the disc/peg in place. just be careful - don';t use a bunch of superglue. if you use too much it may seep into the part where the disc sits and glue it in place keeping you from being able to move it.

thats what i would do

then i would either use the boiling water trick to soften the head before you pull it off the peg next time orsqueeze the neck together when you try to remove the head next time to keep the disc from coming out.

dont worry you havent done anything permanent. i have a couple of figures that are like this - the neck joint didnt seal very well.

-eronel55

well i would not try to separate the torso halves personally. obvously when you pulled on the head to get it off the ball, the disc part (or wheel) came out of the neck joint because the neck joint was not sealed well at the factory. so since the halves of the neck are already split open - i would attempt to get the disc b;ack in there by working it into the neck -- carefully mind you but , again, i would definitely NOT try separating the torso halves. more work than its worth and it may cause more problems. It isnt going to be easy and may take many attempts. you also might try putting the torso into near boiling water as i described above. that 'might' make the neck halves a little more pliable. the torso and pelvis are not made with pvc , they are made with a type of plastic that is closer to styrene - stiffer and more brittle - so ultimately it is not as flexible as the arms legs and head - which are made of pvc. anyways -- its just something you are gonna have to try, or just break down and get another figure. good luck

-eronel55